Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Fast & Furious 

What grade would you give this film?
A 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
B 53%  53%  [ 9 ]
C 18%  18%  [ 3 ]
D 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
F 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 17

Fast & Furious 

Post Fast & Furious
Fast & Furious

Quote:
Fast & Furious (also known as Fast & Furious 4) is a 2009 street racing action film directed by Justin Lin. It is the fourth film in The Fast and the Furious film series and the third installment in terms of chronology. The plot connects with the original film of the series from which Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Michelle Rodriguez, and Jordana Brewster reprise their roles. The film was directed by Justin Lin, who also directed the third installment of the series, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, and who was also able to return for Fast Five. This film is also the first in the series to give more emphasis on American built muscle cars than imported cars.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:07 am
Profile WWW
Hatchling

Post Re: Fast & Furious
Better then the 2nd and 3rd, worst then the first, still a fun film and if you like the first you are sure to like this one as well. If you have not seen the 2nd and 3rd I encourage you to, as this one takes place after the 2nd and before the 3rd, there is a character that is in the 3rd that is in this one.

B

Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:36 am
Forum General

David Aames wrote:
Better then the 2nd and 3rd, worst then the first, still a fun film and if you like the first you are sure to like this one as well. If you have not seen the 2nd and 3rd I encourage you to, as this one takes place after the 2nd and before the 3rd, there is a character that is in the 3rd that is in this one.

B

can you provide a flowchart to explain the above. Just joking.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:42 am

Grill wrote:
David Aames wrote:

B

can you provide a flowchart to explain the above. Just joking.

:funny:

Exactly. If they don't know how to behave, and feel OK offending others, they get their ass kicked, so they'll think next time before opening their rotten mouths.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:14 pm
The Kramer

:thumbdown: Boring rubbish.

Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:39 am
Extraordinary

I really kind of dug it. It's fun and ends on a "rousing" note that makes you leave thinking good things. It's the best of the sequels and about on-par with the first.

Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:59 pm
Forum General

The Dark Shape wrote:
I really kind of dug it. It's fun and ends on a "rousing" note that makes you leave thinking good things. It's the best of the sequels and about on-par with the first.

does it leave the door open for another sequel.

Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:18 pm
Extraordinary

Grill wrote:
The Dark Shape wrote:

does it leave the door open for another sequel.

It more than leaves it open.

Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:31 pm
Extraordinary

My two word review:

Cash in.

My extended review:

Easily the worst of the series (and I can't even remember the second one anymore!) - - and easily the worst movie I've seen this year - - VELOX ET VEHEMENS E NIDOR QUISQUILIARUM!!!!!

All of the lead actors reprising their earlier series' roles, each easily put in their own individual career worst performances - - quite a feat really, considering the talent involved (including director Justin Lin, who did such a superb job on the underrated, and best of series, Tokyo Drift).

This movie is so bad, it's not even good. It's gone past that into double plus bad ungood. Wow! I'm still shocked at how awful this film is. It's truly outstandingly foul. Noxious. Spectacularly craptacular.

(I would see it again - - except my theatre just refused to install the vomitorium I demanded before I would come back.)

P.U. - - something smells like sh!t - - it's Fast & Furious.

I would have rated this "film" an outright zero, if it hadn't been for that damn opening title sequence. Now, that's filmmaking! That's a Steven-F'in-Spielberg-In-His-Prime editing/FX/direction ballet of action, ya got there! Loved it. It is only because of those five minutes of pure adulterated filmic joy that I rate this movie:

:zzz: out of :zzz: :mad: :) :thumbsup: :towel:

Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:39 am
Extraordinary

Via a review of this film from efilmcritic.com:

Quote:
Considering that we have gone from “The Fast and the Furious” to “2 Fast 2 Furious” to “Fast and Furious,” what do you suppose the title of that possible next film might be? (Personally, I am predicting a two-part opus a la “Che” with the first half being “Fast” and the second “Furious.)

Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:38 am
Leader of the Pack

How About Frost/Nixon style - Fast/Furious :thumbsup:

Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:47 am
Romosexual!

A

great addition to the franchise. :thumbsup: almost as good as the first one.
hope they make another one.

Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:48 am
Another You

Not much to say. Nothing awesome and original in terms of the chase scenes, but you can't not have fun.

B-

Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:52 am
100% That Bitch

B

Good Action flick, nothing more

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:56 am
Indiana Jones IV

B+

I really enjoyed it. I liked the second film a lot, mostly because I really enjoyed the inclusion of Tyrese's character, but I think that one was probably slightly better. Paul Walker still can't act, but that's nothing new. Vin Diesel was fine in his role, and I was pleased that they didn't make the Russian girl (or whatever he was) have an actual physical relationship with him. I thought they were going to at the start, and I would have been pissed seeing as he was mourning the death of Letty and whatnot. Overall, I thought it was a good action flick. I'm not surprised it did so well. Bring on FF5

Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
"no rank"

The chances of me seeing this anytime soon are fairly remote. How does it end and leave the door open for a sequel?

Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:48 pm
The Kramer

loyalfromlondon wrote:
The chances of me seeing this anytime soon are fairly remote. How does it end and leave the door open for a sequel?
Paul Walker and Jordana Brewster are intercepting the prison bound bus that Vin Deisel is on. One of only two good parts in the movie. The other of course being when Paul Walker beats the fuck out of the other cop for no reason. That was fun.

Last edited by Flava'd vs The World on Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:58 pm
"no rank"

Flava'd wrote:
loyalfromlondon wrote:
Paul Walker and Jordana Brewster are intercepting the prison bound bus that Vin Deisel is on. One of only two good parts in the movie. The other of course being when Paul Walkers beat the fuck out of the other cop for no reason. That was fun.

Wait, where's Michelle Rodriguez? :tears:

Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:02 pm
Romosexual!

loyalfromlondon wrote:
Flava'd wrote:
loyalfromlondon wrote:
Paul Walker and Jordana Brewster are intercepting the prison bound bus that Vin Deisel is on. One of only two good parts in the movie. The other of course being when Paul Walkers beat the fuck out of the other cop for no reason. That was fun.

:lol:

Spoiler: show
she drank herself to death

Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:06 pm
Let's Call It A Bromance

This film provided what it needed to, a fun ride at the movies. It was nice to see the main cast back in action along with some great action scenes (including the very fun first few minutes). After the last two installments I thought I would hate this film as well but it was actually a nice suprise. Hopefully, any of the future sequels will include Vin and Paul as well.

***½(B)

Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:13 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Rev wrote:
loyalfromlondon wrote:
Flava'd wrote:
loyalfromlondon wrote:

:lol:

she drank herself to death

Someone killed her...

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:53 am
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Twas great I think. On a par with the first glad it did well.

Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:09 pm
Killing With Kindness

BJs Grade:

C+

pretty good, better than the previous sequels.

Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:26 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Pretty boring and the worst of the series.

5/10 ( C )

Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:27 am

Mike wrote:
Pretty boring and the worst of the series.

5/10 ( C )

:disgust:
Shoulda watched ILYM instead.

Exactly. If they don't know how to behave, and feel OK offending others, they get their ass kicked, so they'll think next time before opening their rotten mouths.

Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next