Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Paul Blart: Mall Cop 

What grade would you give this film?
A 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
B 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
C 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
D 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
F 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8

Dont Mess with the Gez

Post Paul Blart: Mall Cop

Quote:
Paul Blart: Mall Cop is a 2009 crime comedy film written by and starring Kevin James as the title character and directed by Steve Carr. The film was released on January 16, 2009 by Columbia Pictures.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:59 am
A very honest-hearted fellow

Post Re: Paul Blart: Mall Cop
Has anyone read Ebert's review because it sounds like a parody review, something I have never saw from him? http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090114/REVIEWS/901149986

No, I haven't saw the film.

Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:11 pm
Profile WWW
Well I'm not stoned, I'm just fucked up - I got so high I can't stand up

No reviews for a movie that had about a 10M OD?

Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:02 am
Extraordinary

even WoKJ is above this, apparently. or just too busy masturbating to that 3D slasher thing.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:19 am
Veteran

Clearly I'm not above this.

Stupid fun, B-.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:43 pm
I'm Batman

Seems like a joke review from Ebert.

Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:10 am
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Ev@n wrote:

Are you really surprised by this?? If it isn't a graphic novel or R-Rated, KJ won't review.. Weekend estimates had this at 33 Million and USA TODAY had it listed at 39 Million.. Not bad.. However, whether or not it stays in the Top 5 next weekend remeinas questionable cause all jokes fall flat after 1 or 2 viewings..

Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 am
Profile WWW
Orphan

MR. GREEN wrote:
Ev@n wrote:

Are you really surprised by this?? If it isn't a graphic novel or R-Rated, KJ won't review.. Weekend estimates had this at 33 Million and USA TODAY had it listed at 39 Million.. Not bad.. However, whether or not it stays in the Top 5 next weekend remeinas questionable cause all jokes fall flat after 1 or 2 viewings..

It has a decent chance at repeating at number one next weekend, depending on how well Underworld opens.

Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:33 pm
He didn't look busy?!

I don't think they made enough jokes about the fact that Kevin James is fat.

D-

The bad guys reminded me of the bad guys in Twilight: their looks, voices, inability to act, and unnecessarily incredible jumping capabilities... it was the most entertaining thing about the movie, oddly enough.

Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:40 pm
Profile WWW
Let's Call It A Bromance

This film really suprised me. While the first third is really weak and boring, the film really picks up once Paul is at the mall. While the jokes they try to make you laugh at don't work, there are just randoms one through in that are pretty funny. Kevin James is likeable and I can definitely see the "Die Hard meets Home Alone" comparison. I can also see why this is so big, it is the perfect family film at the moment.

B

Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:54 am
Profile WWW
Superman: The Movie

The one thing I didn't want to happen did. I became more interested in trying to find the differences in the two malls they filmed at, both of which are in my neck of the woods. From what I could tell most of it was shot in Burlington (exteriors and interiors) while the elevator fight and the events before and after it were shot in Braintree. Life is very exciting. I don't even remember them filming in either location.

When I did pay attention to the film I found most of it to be complete shit. That's a shame coming from Bakay and James. It's just not funny. I laughed a couple of times but they came few and far between. I didn't even think there were enough gags for kids to like but clearly I'm wrong since this is just about at the $100 million mark. The whole thing feels like it was shot for TV, from the music to the writing and the cast.

It sucks.

*1/2

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Last edited by Jmart on Thu May 21, 2009 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:47 pm
Profile WWW
Grill

One of the worst movies I have ever seen. I tried to force myself to fall asleep it was so bad.

1/10

Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:05 am

I watched this movie in pieces, during breaks at my theater, but I definitely didn't need to sit down and watch the whole thing. There are some interesting scenes, some comical moments, and some dumb fun. However, all in all its' stupid, predictable, broad (in comedy and plot), with poorly drawn characters, and ridiculous situations. Every major event is overly-drawn, and most of the movie is just plain unnecessary. Even Kevin James was disappointing, providing little inspired comedy. However it is very harmless, and surprisingly entertaining even with all its' flaws.
5.5/10

Exactly. If they don't know how to behave, and feel OK offending others, they get their ass kicked, so they'll think next time before opening their rotten mouths.

Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:37 pm
College Boy Z

I love Kevin James but this is perrrrty bad. I'm shocked this did so well.

Thu May 21, 2009 6:49 pm
Forum General

Jmart007 wrote:
The one thing I didn't want to happen did. I became more interested in trying to find the differences in the two malls they filmed at, both of which are in my neck of the woods. From what I could tell most of it was shot in Burlington (exteriors and interiors) while the elevator fight and the events before and after it were shot in Braintree. Life is very exciting. I don't even remember them filming in either location.

When I did pay attention to the film I found most of it to be complete shit. That's a shame coming from Bakay and James. It's just not funny. I laughed a couple of times but they came few and far between. I didn't even think there were enough gags for kids to like but clearly I'm wrong since this is just about at the $100 million mark. The whole thing feels like it was shot for TV, from the music to the writing and the cast.

It sucks.

*1/2

Heh, they shot this at South Shore Plaza?

Thu May 21, 2009 7:22 pm
Superman: The Movie

Jiffy208 wrote:
Jmart007 wrote:

It sucks.

*1/2

Heh, they shot this at South Shore Plaza?

I think it amounted to a week's worth of shooting. The majority of the movie and the exteriors were filmed in Burlington. I think the elevator fight and the foot chase before and after it were the only things they shot at the Plaza.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Thu May 21, 2009 8:27 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Stupid, but mildly entertaining. The Loch Ness Monster tattoo that Kevin James got after he was rollin (and he was) was hilarious. Happy Madison is always good for atleast a few good laughs, even in their bad movies. So C+.

Fri May 22, 2009 2:38 pm
something brilliant...

absolutely terrible movie. So unfunny and stupid.

Fri May 22, 2009 3:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]