Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Batman & Robin 

What grade would you give this film?
A 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
B 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
C 21%  21%  [ 5 ]
D 21%  21%  [ 5 ]
F 46%  46%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 24

Batman & Robin 
College Boy Z

Post Batman & Robin
Batman & Robin

Quote:
Batman & Robin is a 1997 American superhero film directed by Joel Schumacher. Based on the DC Comics character Batman, the film is a sequel to Batman Forever (1995), with George Clooney replacing Val Kilmer as Batman.

Batman & Robin also stars Arnold Schwarzenegger, Uma Thurman, Chris O'Donnell, Alicia Silverstone, and Michael Gough. The film tells the story of Batman and Robin struggling to keep their partnership together while trying to stop Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy and Bane from covering Gotham City with ice and vegetation.

Development for Batman & Robin started immediately after Batman Forever, and Warner Bros. commissioned the film for an adamant June 1997 release. Principal photography began in September 1996 and finished in January 1997, two weeks ahead of the shooting schedule.

Batman & Robin was released on June 20, 1997, and was critically panned. Observers criticized the film for its toyetic and camp approach, as well as possible homosexual innuendo added by Schumacher. Batman & Robin received 11 nominations at the 1997 ceremony of the Razzie Awards, including one for Worst Picture, and frequently ranks among the worst superhero films of all time. After this, Warner Bros. canceled the unproduced Batman Triumphant, and the film series was eventually rebooted with Batman Begins (2005) by director Christopher Nolan.

Last edited by zingy on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:49 pm
Sbil

Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:51 pm
George A. Romero

C-

Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:56 pm
Veteran

I just watched it again (I'm a glutton for punishment) and yes, it's pure crap. But once you know it's crap, it's actually a little enjoyable. I think Uma Thurman knew she was in a bad movie from the beginning and gave an over-the-top, vampy, campy performance. She's actually pretty funny. I grade it a C-.

Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

The movie itself is a disgrace to the Batman franchise, but at least you can always laugh at something in this movie which makes it actually more enjoyable than it seems. Every single member of the cast gives a ridiculous over-the-top performance, hehe, that's a looker.

Last edited by Dr. Lecter on Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:21 pm
Profile WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

Very bad film that came after an excellent third film in the (at the time) quadrilogy. Poor use of acting, special effects and far too campy for its own good. 4.5/10 (C-)

Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:45 pm
Teh Mexican

whatever, its still entertaining and fun!

B-

Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:59 pm
Hot Fuss

D

Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Indiana Jones IV

B-

no it's not :razz:

Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:19 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

matatonio wrote:

B-

no it's not :razz:

well for me it is! :wink:

but i do agree on the worst Batman movie

Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:23 pm
now we know

Second worst Batman movie (Batman eturns sucks major ass cleavage)....i enjoy Arnie in it, i think he is cool, and im a big Clooney fan, so i support him in this too. I like this movie.

B-

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:22 am
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

Horrible, yes
Campy, yes
a disgrace, yes

D

Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:35 am
Profile WWW
now we know

D

For...daring :wink:

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:41 am
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

bABA wrote:
D

For...daring :wink:

maybe they were just drunk

Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:01 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

You know whaT? I watched this again yesterday, after not seeing it for 3 years and remember hating it (Bat card scene? STUPID!). But it's not as bad as people make it out to be. Sure, it has some of the worst one liners ever, and some cheesy scenes and it pretty much treated Batman's greatest foe, Bane, as a joke. But other than that it's not a bad movie and very emotional when it comes to Freeze and his wife. I almost thought about thinking about shedding a tear when Batman talked to Freeze at the end of the movie. Freeze really cared about his wife and Joel did a good job showing that. People say this is too cheesy and cartoonish yet Bob Kane's favorite Batman movie is FOREVER and this is just a cheeiser version for Forever. Thus, more realistic to Kane's vision than the first 2. George is the perfect Bruce Wayne, far better than Keaton (although Keaton was a better Batman). Arnold was the perfect Freeze as well and well Uma as Ivy is easily the best role in the movie. But Batgirl shouldn't have came and it really did make Robin look pointless and like a fool near the end. However, I liked this movie and I give it a C +.

Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:48 am
Profile YIM WWW
Teenage Dream

WORST Batman flick.

Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:40 pm
The Original

This is real pain. Its not only a bad Batmovie its als in general a bad movie. I give 1 Point for some of the visuals
(Actually in some kind I can live with the big buildings and the architecture in the Schumacher Batmovies. To bad the neoncolour producer seems to be the richest man in Gotham ](*,) . And 1 point because you see at least something of Mr Freezes feelings. But actually right now I dont remember if in the comics he was shown also that way. The relationship between Bruce Wayne and Alfred is shown ok to.

So now what I hate. Simple the rest. Rolleskates the way they show Bane in that movie etc..... Poison Ivy etc etc.

](*,)

2/10

Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:31 pm
Indiana Jones IV

This is real pain. Its not only a bad Batmovie its als in general a bad movie. I give 1 Point for some of the visuals
(Actually in some kind I can live with the big buildings and the architecture in the Schumacher Batmovies. To bad the neoncolour producer seems to be the richest man in Gotham ](*,) . And 1 point because you see at least something of Mr Freezes feelings. But actually right now I dont remember if in the comics he was shown also that way. The relationship between Bruce Wayne and Alfred is shown ok to.

So now what I hate. Simple the rest. Rolleskates the way they show Bane in that movie etc..... Poison Ivy etc etc.

](*,)

2/10

Yeah Bane is a badass in the comics, but a retard here!

Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW
All Star Poster

Easily the worse batfick, Joel Schumacher craped all over the franchise with this unbelieveably bad sequel

D-

Last edited by DIB2 on Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:22 am
On autopilot for the summer

Hmm, lets see, had awesome actors, but what happened, the direction. Its pure and simple. It had no substance, it basically had the plot points of any comic book movie at this point, but watered down. The villians are created, there is an action sequence, the main plot is revealed (Freeze to save his wife, Ivy to do something with the world) another action sequence, a subplot (Alfred Dying) and then the finale action sequence.

George Clooney is the ultimate Bruce Wayne, its not that he sucked as Batman, but his outfit was so rediculous. Arnold obviously knew he was only there to speak one liners, which he does pretty well, in fact everyone one of his lines is a one liner. Uma can act. Chris Odonnel proved that he was more annoying this time around.

The Neon is what killed it. If there was ever to be a Batman on Broadway, this would most likely be it. Batman got too commercial when it switched to its kid friendly and LSD users audience.

D

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:31 pm
Squee

At least it had decent special effects, unlike #1... Mortal Kombat Annihilation. (CLAYALITY!!)

:glare:

Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:58 pm
Jordan Mugen-Honda

A great example of car crash cinema. I dare you to look away.

C (for the sheer chaos of it all)

Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:05 pm
Squee

Second worst movie I've paid to see.

At least it had decent special effects, unlike #1... Mortal Kombat Annihilation. (CLAYALITY!!)

I forgot to give my rating!

1/2

:glare:

Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:10 pm
The Greatest Avenger EVER

I gave this piece of shi* an "F".. Any other Questions?? Need I go on any further??

Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:52 am
Profile WWW
Superfreak

great action amazing fx for the time great score ok cadst decent story

b

Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next