Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Love and Death 

What grade would you give this film?
A 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Love and Death 

Post Love and Death
Love and Death

Quote:
Love and Death is a 1975 comedy film by Woody Allen. Starring Woody Allen and Diane Keaton, Love and Death is a satirical take on Russian epic novels. Coming in between Sleeper and Annie Hall, Love and Death is in many respects an artistic transition between the two. It is one of the last of Allen's movies that tries to get as many laughs as possible, but contains a lot of commentary on philosophy, a balance that Allen feels makes it one of his best and most personal films. Keaton and Allen, as Sonja and Boris, Russians living during the Napoleonic Era, engage in mock-serious philosophical debates.

Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:52 am
Profile WWW
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Post Re: Love and Death
Allen must have had a gun to his head that obliged him to make every single line a form of a joke, either that or he sold his soul to keep the gag rate so insanely high.

Funny Allen was my favourite and this was his best.

Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:44 am
now we know

Impressed but not overly so. It's like a Woody Allen version of Barry Lyndon or War and Peace. It is filled with the usual Allen craziness, his signature narration to the audience, and his dialogue-heavy, clever comedy. The jokes are neat (some of them even made me laugh), and it's miles better than Everything You Always Wanted to Know about Sex* (* But Were Too Afraid to Ask), but it still lacks the comedic relevance and situational brilliance of Bananas.

B-

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:01 am
Profile WWW
Us v Them

Post Re: Love and Death
i watched this and laughed a lot and thought about yoshue who loved this very much as far as i remember

Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]