Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Eagle Eye 

What grade would you give this film?
A 22%  22%  [ 5 ]
B 39%  39%  [ 9 ]
C 30%  30%  [ 7 ]
D 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
F 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 23

Eagle Eye 
Dont Mess with the Gez

Post Eagle Eye
Eagle Eye

Quote:
Eagle Eye is a 2008 thriller film directed by D. J. Caruso and starring Shia LaBeouf and Michelle Monaghan. The two portray a young man and a single mother who are brought together and coerced by an anonymous caller into carrying out a plan by a possible terrorist organization. The film was released in regular 35mm theaters and IMAX theaters.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:35 pm
---------

Post Re: Eagle Eye
The Movie:
Not as epic/great as I was hoping, but still a good movie all around. Shia LeBouf does a reasonable effort as well as Michelle Monaghan. The action sequences are a bit shakey which is kinda disappointing for Spielberg. Seems like it has a lot of elements from a bunch of other movies. I still had fun though!

Grade:B

The ending is a bit weak in my opinion, ESPECIALLY the final scene where something happens that I really did not want.

EDIT: Wow, I'm really the first one to review this??? Kinda weird..

Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:30 pm
Killing With Kindness

BJs Grade:

B-

Not as good as I expected, entire cast was very solid. I expected more from the film though. plot was wimpy, and the development was so formulatic that I was bored out of my mind by the end. Action was mediocre, and I was massively disappointed when all it took was a metal rod to take the computer out, bleh. Overall solid pic, easily rewatchable.

Oh and I agree with MG involving the last scene.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:48 am
Profile WWW
---------

BJ wrote:
BJs Grade:

B-

Not as good as I expected, entire cast was very solid. I expected more from the film though. plot was wimpy, and the development was so formulatic that I was bored out of my mind by the end. Action was mediocre, and I was massively disappointed when all it took was a metal rod to take the computer out, bleh. Overall solid pic, easily rewatchable.

Spoiler: show
I was a bit disappointed that it was just a computer to begin with. Reminded me of Die Hard 4 and I, Robot a bit too much. In the end I did want to see the bomb go off just so the movie could get into some real good stuff.

Oh and Shia LeBeauf taking out a military security guard whos protecting the Executive branch.... not likely lol. Even though I'm being pretty negative I do agree with you that it was still a solid rewatchable flick.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:07 am
Killing With Kindness

MG Casey wrote:
BJ wrote:
BJs Grade:

B-

I was a bit disappointed that it was just a computer to begin with. Reminded me of Die Hard 4 and I, Robot a bit too much. In the end I did want to see the bomb go off just so the movie could get into some real good stuff.

Oh and Shia LeBeauf taking out a military security guard whos protecting the Executive branch.... not likely lol. Even though I'm being pretty negative I do agree with you that it was still a solid rewatchable flick.

Indeed, and if the bomb didn't go off at least leave LaBouf dead, government marks men are easily going to go for the head and the heart, I thought his survival was the films biggest hick-up.

The guard scene had bee rolling my eyes :funny:

Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:19 am
Profile WWW
Another You

Besides the icky ending and the way the "viLLain" was defeated, it was enthraLLing for the most part and nowhere near as bad as the fucking critics are raving about. SoLid piece of entertainment.

B

MG Casey wrote:

Same here but then I just reaLized, that wouLd make it Look again Like a Die Hard 4.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:51 am
Let's Call It A Bromance

This went above my high expectations. It is a thrilling ride from start to finish. Shia Labeouf and Michelle Monaghan worked well together on screen. Billy Bob Thornton did wonderful as well in his supporting role. The action and story is all great and gripping. My second favorite of the year so far.

A+

Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:12 am
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Pretty dissapointing overall though I thought the first half an hour was great. Have always been facinated with big brother watching type films soo it got off to a good start until it all went downhill when we find out "who" is behind the phone calls. Also had problems with what others did -action sequences too shaky and too long. A step down for DJ Caruso after the fun Disturbia. Shia was likeable as usual however.

Grade: C+

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:32 pm
i break the rules, so i don't care

C

OK performances throughout the cast, but all the good is drowned out by the episodic action sequences and horrible terrible third act.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:30 pm
Team Kris

I haven't been to the theaters for quite some time (at least a month) and Eagle Eye was worth the wait. This was one of the most entertaining movies I have ever seen. The pacing is relentless (ala Speed) which starts with a bang and never lets go. There is a car chase scene that should go down as one of the best I've seen. Then there is Shia who continues to grow as an actor. He has that charisma on screen that just makes you like him, kinda like Will Smith has.

All in all a great action/thriller that shouldn't be missed.

A

Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:59 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

MadGez wrote:
Pretty dissapointing overall though I thought the first half an hour was great. Have always been facinated with big brother watching type films soo it got off to a good start until it all went downhill when we find out "who" is behind the phone calls. Also had problems with what others did -action sequences too shaky and too long. A step down for DJ Caruso after the fun Disturbia. Shia was likeable as usual however.

Grade: B-

My thoughts exactly.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:07 pm
Extraordinary

EAGLE EYE

Watched it today at 1545 on a beautiful digital screen and thx sound.

I echo what others say about the first half of the film. It's very compelling and filled with good action sequences. The car chase was very frenetic and all the remote interference was interesting. I thought that the film started to slow down as it neared toward the end especially with the revelation of the villain. I didn't mind that it was a computer. I found that part quite interesting but I did mind that after it got the go ahead to initiate Guillotine that plan turned into something out of a old style James Bond plan. It was very over the top and intricate. It could have taken them out by much easier means. I also agree with how it ended. Some things should be left as they are seen. Why didn't the computer think of backing itself up earlier too btw. Overall, I thought it was nice rollercoaster ride but something I'd only buy a ticket for once.

Grade - B

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:25 pm
Grill

I'd give it a B.

Shia is awesome.

Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:44 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

9.0/10

A-

Fun movie. Shia is getting better every movie.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:04 am
Superman: The Movie

There's not a lot to say here except that it's unbelievably absurd (if you didn't laugh at the electrical wires scene we weren't watching the same movie) and stupid (why didn't someone take an ax to the Superman III computer earlier?). Yet it's one of the more entertaining films I've seen this year. And the utter disregard for human life was fantastic.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:09 pm
Profile WWW
I'm Batman

It is absurd, but it's very fun. It's too fast-paced though, there's too much going on. Can't remember which film at the time but the entire ending is a rip of a Hitchcock film. And the metal rod to end it all was pretty lame.

- B-

Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:20 am
What would Jesus *not* do?

Here is another example of pointless film making, i.e., making a film that is utterly pointless. Its an unoriginal wrong identity/government conspiracy/family bonding picture masquerading as an action thriller that completely falls apart 20 minutes in. Its truly sad that Spielberg and Caruso think so little of the average moviegoer by releasing absurd, pointless, insulting drivel like this. The film starts off unplausible and only digresses as it plays through, becoming more and more laughably absurd, until it fails epically at the end. Lebeouf is stagnating as a person who happened to luck into the occupation of playing pretend for a living. I refuse to call him an actor anymore because that would be insulting to those that can actually act. I felt bad for Monaghan as she's better than this, while Billy bob, Dawson, and Chiklis seemed to be simply cashing a check.

Grade D

1. Slumdog Millionaire
2. Wall-E
3. Dark Knight
4. In Bruges
5. Tropic Thunder
6. Young @ Heart
7. Mongol
8. The Band's Visit
9. Visitor
10. Iron Man

Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:51 am
College Boy Z

Awesome movie.

Cliched and predictable, yeah, but awesome.

Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:19 pm
The Lubitsch Touch

A dumb, bad movie, one entirely without suspense, wit, or sense. Why couldn't the computer have just done the deed itself?

Also, note to the filmmakers: stupid movies need stupid endings. Serious movies need serious endings. Tacking a serious ending onto this dim, goofy piece of junk was not cool.

Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:24 pm
We had our time together

The car chase (or pretty much all action scenes) could have been brilliant if you could see every now and then what's going on. The editing totally took me out of the movie for large parts. The film itself started pretty ok but went on far too long. C

Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:43 am
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

I enjoyed it quite a bit, though the ending is definitely iffy. Good Big Budget mindless fun, B+

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:52 pm
loyalfromlondon

Compelling enough for a while, at least until it turns into a ridiculous political statement at the end. The film was getting along fine with its spectacle and stupidity; why'd they have to hoist social commentary onto it as well?

Also, it's not nearly as smart as it thinks it is. Enemy of the State did this much better ten years ago; did they think we wouldn't notice?

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:39 pm

A lazy, unadventorous, unoriginal, predictable and utterly unintelligent popcorn flick that is nevertheless fun and entertaining. Certinatly not a great film but it's not really meant to be, we have to appreciate movies for what their design is, and this was designed to be a big fun dumb flick. Having said that, it showed a little ambitious in the plotting of the government idea, which was a bad move. Either go all out dumb without ambitious to smart and clever, or be smart and clever. Don't EVER try for a middleground, it won't work. Never has, never will.
5.5/10 (good enough to watch once for free, not good enough to pay)

Exactly. If they don't know how to behave, and feel OK offending others, they get their ass kicked, so they'll think next time before opening their rotten mouths.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:55 am
Homo Dperious

Benjamin Milk wrote:
A lazy, unadventorous, unoriginal, predictable and utterly unintelligent popcorn flick that is nevertheless fun and entertaining.

I thought it dealt with issues without contributing much in terms of ideas. Still, it was a great piece of pure entertainment if you were not looking for anything else.

Quote:
Certinatly not a great film but it's not really meant to be, we have to appreciate movies for what their design is, and this was designed to be a big fun dumb flick. Having said that, it showed a little ambitious in the plotting of the government idea, which was a bad move.

I thought the plot was thrilling. A bit silly at times, but the pace and effect of the action made me not mind. I have problems with the computer idea though...

Quote:
Either go all out dumb without ambitious to smart and clever, or be smart and clever. Don't EVER try for a middleground, it won't work. Never has, never will.
5.5/10 (good enough to watch once for free, not good enough to pay)

I did like Enemy of the State a lot better. I don't think it's brilliant, but then I think it was smart enough in it's own way at the right times.

Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:39 am
Profile ICQ
He didn't look busy?!

it's silly and stupid, but it's also well-acted, well-filmed, and quite entertaining. It could've been a lot better if they had taken this gimmick in a more realistic and haunting direction, but it was what it was, and what it was is solid entertainment. Shia's turning out to be quite the likable lead, I must say.

B

Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next