Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 My Best Friend's Girl 

What grade would you give this film?
A 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
B 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
C 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5

My Best Friend's Girl 
Dont Mess with the Gez

Post My Best Friend's Girl
My Best Friend's Girl

Quote:
My Best Friend's Girl is a 2008 romantic comedy film by Howard Deutch and stars Dane Cook, Kate Hudson, Jason Biggs, Diora Baird, Alec Baldwin, and Lizzy Caplan. It was released on September 19, 2008.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:24 am
What would Jesus *not* do?

Post Re: My Best Friend's Girl
I should have hated this film but I didn't. Surprisingly the weak link of the film wasn't Dane Cook but everyones favorite pie banger Jason Biggs. The film literally ground to a screeching halt each time Biggs appeared on screen. We all know he's a one note actor and that note has gone flat. Cook played the vicious uncaring asshole with a heart of gold perfectly (as if he was channeling himself maybe?) and he was actually funny, i know Dane Cook+funny= hard to imagine. Kate Hudson was hot as always and provided a somewhat believable girl for the two guys to pine over. As for the story itself its your average run of the mill raunchy rom-com that you know how it will end as soon as you sit down. The date sabotaging scenes are funny and Alec Baldwin puts the film over playing Cooks womanizing, womens studies professor father.

Grade C+

1. Slumdog Millionaire
2. Wall-E
3. Dark Knight
4. In Bruges
5. Tropic Thunder
6. Young @ Heart
7. Mongol
8. The Band's Visit
9. Visitor
10. Iron Man

Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:16 pm
Orphan

The Mr Pink wrote:
I should have hated this film but I didn't. Surprisingly the weak link of the film wasn't Dane Cook but everyones favorite pie banger Jason Biggs. The film literally ground to a screeching halt each time Biggs appeared on screen. We all know he's a one note actor and that note has gone flat. Cook played the vicious uncaring asshole with a heart of gold perfectly (as if he was channeling himself maybe?) and he was actually funny, i know Dane Cook+funny= hard to imagine. Kate Hudson was hot as always and provided a somewhat believable girl for the two guys to pine over. As for the story itself its your average run of the mill raunchy rom-com that you know how it will end as soon as you sit down. The date sabotaging scenes are funny and Alec Baldwin puts the film over playing Cooks womanizing, womens studies professor father.

Grade C+

Heh, Mr. Pink didn't hate a Dane Cook movie. It's a miracle.

Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:30 pm
Devil's Advocate

I do kind of wonder how Biggs got this role. I mean it's not like it's a tentpole film or anything, but it's still a probably #1 film, and Dane Cook and Kate Hudson are at least B- listers, while having Baldwin gives the film more cred. Biggs is like a Z lister, his post AP career is in the toilet, the guy just has no comedic skills other than looking the part of a loser. I think they could've gotten someone better than him for this role.

Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:33 pm
Superman: The Movie

First review in two months. Wish it was a better film.

http://www.worldofkj.com/articleIndex.php?tid=32155

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:30 am
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

I actually found it pretty enjoyable. It's certainly better than last year's Good Luck Chuck and a lot less raunchy as well. It follows the typical romantic comedy conventions and is predictable from the getgo, but I had a good time and some of it was quite amusing. Kate Hudson steals the movie, as expected, and is incredibly charming and likable in her role. Dane Cook is solid if somewhat annoying at times, and Alec Baldwin and Lizzy Caplan are fun in supporting roles. Jason Biggs is definitely the weak link here in terms of casting and was incredibly grating by the end. It's nothing great, but a decent enough time-waster that's better than the reviews would suggest. B/B-

Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:50 pm
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Pundit

Meh. B film.

Had some funny moments. And Dane Cook was spot on. Alec Baldwin was brilliant.

8.3/10 B

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:54 pm
Wallflower

I really hate to say that I didn't loathe this movie. There were certainly times that I did, and wish I'd hated the whole thing so I could feel better about myself. Some moments are just so damn disgusting and vulgar. I hated Alec Baldwin in it. His character is just despicable and I didn't think he was funny at all.

Overall the movie is alright though. Your typical Dane Cook vehicle, which is certainly getting old.

Grade: 6/10 (B-)

Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:32 pm
Well I'm not stoned, I'm just fucked up - I got so high I can't stand up

Some very funny parts but the movie itself was mediocre. I'll give it a generous grade.

B-

Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]