Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 100 Feet 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

100 Feet 

Post 100 Feet
100 Feet

Quote:
100 Feet is a 2008 horror film, written and directed by Eric Red. The film stars Famke Janssen, Bobby Cannavale, Ed Westwick, and Michael Paré.

Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:35 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Post Re: 100 Feet
C+

It's actually sad that the new directing effort of the writer of such innovative horror movies like The Hitcher (1986) and Near Dark is a movie as uninspired and banal as 100 Feet. That's not to say that it's a bad movie. It's just your classic ghost story that follows pretty much all clichés, pitfalls and usual points of the sub genre. The movie deals with a woman condemned to house arrest after she has killed her abusive husband in self-defense (he was a cop, so she still was convicted). Too bad that the dead hubby's ghost still spooks in the house.

Famke Jansen does a decent leading job here, but she doesn't really get much to do beyond the typical scream queen role. The movie has its lows and its heights. The logic if often absent(how come that all the things the main character ever needs are right near her whenever she needs them, ranging from a baseball bat to a flashlight), BUT there are actually 3-4 good scares/jump scenes in here, I was never bored throughout and in fact I thought it was a refreshing idea to actually have the male love interest being significantly younger than the female lead for a change. There's also one particularly surprising gory death in the movie which took me aback as I didn't expect to see that kind of a scene in this generic ghost flick. However, the whole course of the story, its ending and the solution to the "problem" are as clichéd, unbelievable and generic as it gets that I have a hard time giving this movie anything other than an average grade.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:34 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Post Re: 100 Feet
I thought it was fairly entertaining.

B-

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]