Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Gettysburg 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

Gettysburg 
College Boy Z

Post Gettysburg
Gettysburg

Quote:
Gettysburg is a 1993 American war film that dramatizes the decisive Battle of Gettysburg during the American Civil War. The film, written and directed by Ronald F. Maxwell, is a close adaptation of Michael Shaara's novel The Killer Angels. The film starred Martin Sheen, Tom Berenger, Jeff Daniels, Kevin Conway, C. Thomas Howell, Richard Jordan, Royce D. Applegate, Richard Anderson, John Diehl, Maxwell Caulfield, Patrick Gorman, Cooper Huckabee, James Lancaster, Brian Mallon, Andrew Prine, John Rothman, Tim Scott, Morgan Sheppard, Stephen Lang and Sam Elliott. The film's story primarily focuses on the events of the battle as seen through the eyes of prominent members of both Union and Confederate armies.

Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:57 pm
George A. Romero

this movie is magnificent. it re-creates the events one of the most important battles ever fought on american soil in exsquisite(sp?) detail. it vividly shows you the horror and emotions that the men of the north and south had to endure. the final act of pickett's charge, the south's last desperate attempt to break the union line, is so dramatic and powerful that i get a little choked up every time i see it. if you're a fan of the civil war, or just war movies in general, then i highly recommend this fantastic movie. have a decent chunk of time on your hands when you watch it however, because it's over 4 hours long.

A+

Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:27 pm
Okay, I Believe You But My Tommy Gun Don't

If you do not like history (and I mean really like history), esp. the Civil War you will not like Gettysburg. I liked Gettysbug a lot because they got all of the facts down and put a decent story and actors in it to make it pretty good (its a guilty pleasure of mine), unlike Gods and Generals which I couldn't even watch 30 minutes of it.

Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:42 am
Profile WWW
George A. Romero

If you do not like history (and I mean really like history), esp. the Civil War you will not like Gettysburg. I liked Gettysbug a lot because they got all of the facts down and put a decent story and actors in it to make it pretty good (its a guilty pleasure of mine), unlike Gods and Generals which I couldn't even watch 30 minutes of it.

yeah you have to be a pretty big history buff to enjoy gettysburg. i liked gods and generals but gettysburg is far and away better.

Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:25 pm
George A. Romero

i'm watching it again now, and it seems to get better every time. if i could give it an A++ i would.

This is my favorite Civil war film, and it's just behind The Civil: War by Ken Burns for my favorite Civil War program.

Thu May 12, 2005 6:15 pm
Indiana Jones IV

How did I miss this topic??? Dear god, I love love love this movie! It's unbelievable the sheer amount of historical accuracy would be commendable by itself, but the performances of Sheen and Bridges are great, and the scope and authenticity of the battle scenes are amazing. The greatest period drama ever put to film, and Pickett's Charge is one of the single most dramatic scenes in film history.

A+

in my top twenty

Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]