Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Hidalgo 

What grade would you give this film?
A 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 3

Hidalgo 

Post Hidalgo
Hidalgo

Quote:
Hidalgo is a 2004 film based on the legend of the American distance rider Frank Hopkins and his mustang Hidalgo, and recounts Hopkins' racing his horse in Arabia in 1891 against Bedouins riding pure-blooded Arabian horses. The movie was written by John Fusco and directed by Joe Johnston. It stars Viggo Mortensen, Zuleikha Robinson and Omar Sharif.

Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:45 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Post Re: Hidalgo
{My original review from April 2004:}

Hidalgo: Schlock-O-Rama!

Told in an extremely broad drama style, I guess you might say they don't make movies like this anymore - - and just as well - - what a muddled attempt at epic storytelling, the producers are all over the map with this misfire. And talk about bad acting - it's a close race between Viggo* and his horse for last place in the thespian derby. Blech!

1 out of 5.

(*With Orlando Bloom's graceless turn in Pirates of the Caribbean and now this, the LOTR alumni are on a crash and burn trajectory which will continue to showcase their lack of talent - except for maybe Sean Astin, I still hold out some hope for him after 50 First Dates...)

Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:50 am
You must have big rats

Post Re: Hidalgo
C

It starts off very wel and interesting and has some quite nice scenes during its first hour. The visuals are cool, the action is nice...but then it starts to drag. A LOT. Seriously, there have been a few movies in recent years that needed tigheter editing as badly as this one. By the time it ended, I just didn't care about anything happening on screen anymore.

Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:43 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]