Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale 

What grade would you give this film?
A 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 4

Post In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale

Quote:
In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale is a 2007 fantasy action film directed by Uwe Boll, inspired by the Dungeon Siege video game series. It was produced by Brightlight Pictures and distributed by Freestyle Releasing and Vivendi Entertainment in the United States and Canada. 20th Century Fox took distribution overseas. In the Name of the King was released in the United States on January 11, 2007.

Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:18 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale
Starring Jason Statham
Leelee Sobieski
Ron Perlman
Matthew Lillard
John Rhys-Davies
Claire Forlani
Brian J. White
Kristanna Loken
Will Sanderson
with Ray Liotta
and Burt Reynolds

:wacko:

Budget $60,000,000

:whaa:

Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Orphan

Burt Reynolds is SO AWESOME! :D ;)

Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:20 pm
Yes we can call dibs on the mountain guide

How does Uwe Boll get this stuff greenlighted? I could do an equally bad job.

Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:03 pm
Teenage Dream

Was this the Uwe Boll movie that was going to be released in two parts?

Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:22 pm
problem?

Yes, it is.

And a $60mil budget?! Who in their right mind would give a Uwe Boll movie $60mil?! Has any of his films even grossed more than $10m?!

Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:22 pm
Extraordinary

Korrgan wrote:
Yes, it is.

And a $60mil budget?! Who in their right mind would give a Uwe Boll movie $60mil?! Has any of his films even grossed more than $10m?!

Uwe Boll gets his funding through German investors that, through some convoluted loophole in a tax law, make back all they invested plus more before his films are even released. It's on wikipedia.

Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:34 pm
What would Jesus *not* do?

esnack wrote:
Korrgan wrote:
Yes, it is.

Uwe Boll gets his funding through German investors that, through some convoluted loophole in a tax law, make back all they invested plus more before his films are even released. It's on wikipedia.

God if thats true then I really feel sorry for the hard working people of Deutchland who pay their taxes. If my tax dollars went to crap like this I'd stop paying them.
This film absolutely sucked ass in every conceivably possible way, from casting to set and costume design to final script and cinematography, it was mind numbingly bad. This hands down the worst LOTR rip-off ever made and was filled with every possible bad genre cliche imaginable, complete with bad rug on Reynolds to disco era leather coat on Liotta with a greaser hairdo to matthew lilliard giving the worst peformance in the history of film. It would take days to acurrately describe the awfulness of this film as it contained so many what the fuck moments, like how the hell are their ninjas in medieval europe to why would anyone with half a brain expect arrows fired into tree tops be expected to hit their intended targets on the ground type stuff? The more I think about this the more I hate it.

Grade
F

Oh and Boll didn't spend $60 million on this, by the looks of the finished product I think he kept about $55 million for himself. This looked like it was done way beyond cheap.

1. Slumdog Millionaire
2. Wall-E
3. Dark Knight
4. In Bruges
5. Tropic Thunder
6. Young @ Heart
7. Mongol
8. The Band's Visit
9. Visitor
10. Iron Man

Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:12 pm
The Lubitsch Touch

Very funny review:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... nment/home

Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:40 pm
loyalfromlondon

Brilliant.

Gotta love The Globe and Mail. :thumbsup:

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:44 pm
Devil's Advocate

One day I have to watch a Uwe Boll film. I feel like I'm missing out on something.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:51 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

:hahaha: I kind of want to see this. It will obviously be awful, but it could be hilarious like Bloodrayne was.

And Shack, Alone In The Dark and Bloodrayne are two of the worst movies ever, and both are hilariously cheap-looking as well, so they're good for a laugh or two ;)

Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:33 pm
Profile YIM
I just lost the game

The Mr Pink wrote:
This film absolutely sucked ass in every conceivably possible way, from casting to set and costume design to final script and cinematography, it was mind numbingly bad. This hands down the worst LOTR rip-off ever made and was filled with every possible bad genre cliche imaginable, complete with bad rug on Reynolds to disco era leather coat on Liotta with a greaser hairdo to matthew lilliard giving the worst peformance in the history of film. It would take days to acurrately describe the awfulness of this film as it contained so many what the fuck moments, like how the hell are their ninjas in medieval europe to why would anyone with half a brain expect arrows fired into tree tops be expected to hit their intended targets on the ground type stuff? The more I think about this the more I hate it.

Grade
F

Oh and Boll didn't spend $60 million on this, by the looks of the finished product I think he kept about $55 million for himself. This looked like it was done way beyond cheap.

You've just doubled my anticipation for this. I cannot wait to see it. Unfortunately the only torrents up for the movie right now are Russian dubbed.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:08 am
Baaaaa!

Just saw this. It's easily the best (i.e. worst) Boll film since House of the Dead. Some good stuff:

*Boll's trademark overuse of bullet time
*Krug (the monsters) lighting themselves on fire and being launched into the air by catapults (hilariously dumb)
*Hysterically terrible performances by Matthew Lillard and Ray Liotta; easily some of the worst over-acting in the history of cinema (no hyperbole)
*Horribly cliched plot
*Shots that mimic LOTR to the point of the viewer being able to make a drinking game out of it
*BURT REYNOLDS!!!
*Awesomely bad songs over the credits
*Boll regular Will Sanderson with goofy long hair (not anything special, but he looks really goofy)

And this doesn't even begin to do the film justice. Simply put, this is a must-see film and a return to form for Boll after the somewhat disappointing BloodRayne 2. 'Tis epic.

A+ or F, take your pick.

BTW, Boll fans should rejoice with the news that he is planning a similarly-themed film called Legend: Hand of God for 2010, albiet with $40 million for the budget (still, how does he do it?!?).

Also BTW, Boll actually has to make at least 50% of the film's budget back for the tax loophole to work and it has been closed now, which makes how he funds these movies even more perplexing.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:56 pm
Stanley Cup

so is there the random sex scene in it that makes no sense?

Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:42 am
Baaaaa!

^ Sadly, there is not. Maybe in the 3-hour director's cut?

Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:46 am
On autopilot for the summer

I think this might be one of the few movies I download, I've yet to see a Uwe Boll film, and this one at least has a cast I might enjoy seeing them make a fool of themselves

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:12 pm
What would Jesus *not* do?

insomniacdude wrote:
The Mr Pink wrote:

Grade
F

You've just doubled my anticipation for this. I cannot wait to see it. Unfortunately the only torrents up for the movie right now are Russian dubbed.

Watch it with friends so as you all can make fun of it together, ala MST3k style :hahaha:

1. Slumdog Millionaire
2. Wall-E
3. Dark Knight
4. In Bruges
5. Tropic Thunder
6. Young @ Heart
7. Mongol
8. The Band's Visit
9. Visitor
10. Iron Man

Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:56 am
llegó a la casa vía marítima

"Jason Statham is muscled medieval farmer. His name is Farmer."

:hahaha:

Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:22 pm
why so serious?

This movie sounds hilariously stupid enough that I might just have to rent it on DVD. But then again, that's two hours of my life I'm never getting back...

Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:40 am
Wallflower

I can't believe it, but I have heard nothing bad about IN THE NAME OF THE KING from people I know who have watched it. My co-workers loved it and a couple of customers were telling me that it was awesome. What the hell? And they say how good Jason Statham is in it. Uwe actually made a movie that some people like?

Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:23 pm
On autopilot for the summer

Im actually disappointed by this movie. Judging from Uwe Boll's previous efforts I was expecting something atrocious. It was merely a historical film with cheese and inaccuracies, but no worst then an averague Hercules or Xena episode from the 90s, which are too series I loved.

It has an absurdly filled cast, who all know there making shit, so they make the best shit possible. Statham himself did nothing wrong, he plays it like a character actor and handles the action.

C (Completely average, but its not a film that falls into Bolls rep)

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]