Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Magnum Force 

What grade would you give this film?
A 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Magnum Force 

Post Magnum Force
Magnum Force

Quote:
Magnum Force is the 1973 American sequel to the 1971 film Dirty Harry, starring Clint Eastwood as maverick cop Harry Callahan. Ted Post, who also directed Eastwood in TV's Rawhide and the feature film Hang 'Em High, directed the second film in the Dirty Harry series. The screenplay was written by John Milius (who provided an uncredited rewrite for the original film) and Michael Cimino. This film features early appearances by David Soul, Tim Matheson and Robert Urich as the primary antagonists, the vigilante traffic cops. At 124 minutes, it is also the longest Dirty Harry film.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:53 am
Profile WWW
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Post Re: Magnum Force
This was the Eastwood I loved, the hard as nails uncompromising brick of a man the same in this film all the way to Pale Rider, High Plains Drifter and even supremely silly fare like The Gauntlet. Soppy Oscar Bait Eastwood is irritating by comparision.

Magnum Force is definelty one of his best, and one of the best Sequels to boot. Granted with all the set-up done in Dirty Harry the more OTT aspects of the Callahan character get ramped up, and at times touches parody. But the backbone of the film has real meat to it.

Some people called these films Fascistic in nature, in Magnum Force Callahan is the bulwark against this as opposed to the instrument, his doggy pursuit of the law inforcement viligantes in contrast to his break the rules nature in Dirty Harry. Never dull, always quick on the draw, I love this film.

It also had some of the most kick ass dialogue around, and thats more then enough to please me as well :thumbsup:

A+

Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:33 am
On autopilot for the summer

Post Re: Magnum Force
Magnum Force is indeed a great sequel. It takes almost everything that worked about the first film, and added a new element. Harry has crossed the line many times, and similarities he shares with the villains in this film is quite interesting, but Harry still does try and stay within the law the best he can. This one is more of a mystery/ detective unlike the first film when we saw the villain early on. There are twists throughout, and the action and score again are top notch. I still like the first film just a bit more, but this one is a great followup to the original. Eastwood continues to expand on his subtleties to become even more likable and a better actor.

A+

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:51 pm
now we know

My favourite Calahan movie. Love the whole bike cop thing, and Harry is badass. These movies do show their age somewhat.

B+

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:40 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]