Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Skinwalkers 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
D 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
F 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 5

Skinwalkers 

Post Skinwalkers
Skinwalkers

Quote:
Skinwalkers is a 2006 horror-action film about werewolves, and was released in the United States by Lions Gate Entertainment and After Dark Films. Directed by James Isaac, it stars Jason Behr, Elias Koteas, Rhona Mitra, and Tom Jackson. The film was originally announced for theatrical release on December 1, 2006, but was delayed until August 10.

Skinwalkers marks Lions Gate Entertainment's first collaboration with Constantin Films, which produced such other science fiction/horror films as Resident Evil, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, and Wrong Turn. The visual effects are by effects house Mr. X, and the creature effects by Stan Winston Studio.

The film was shot at Century Manor in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. To achieve PG-13 rating, the production cuts several scenes containing graphic violence like Alien vs. Predator - the home media release is the uncut version of the title.

Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:53 pm
Profile WWW
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Post Re: Skinwalkers
Hmmm bit of a mess this film, I can see why the date was pushed back so often.

What worked

Rhona Mitra = :wub2:
A Granny with a big ass Magnum Handgun!!

What caused me to go WTF!!

A randomly inserted sex scene moment that looked very messy and sweaty. Damn Werewolf's in their love of outdoor sex

The fact one of the female werewolf's was a dead ringer for the faun off Pan's Labyrinth and looked very stupid

What surprised me

Jason Behr of Roswell fame is the main villain and boy he's buffed up. Along with the designer stubble and shades he makes for one good looking fella.

What didn't work

The story structure was a complete mess, it just jumped from point to point and the whole thing felt to short to encompass what the film was trying to do, and yet to long in that I was bored in parts.

Why do they insist on using the old Indian wise man in these films.

Nothing much really happens, the odd chase here and there before the rather flat final showdown and very drab predictable ending.

Its not awful but not great, you'd be better off just re-watching Dog Soldiers if you need a Werewolf fix.

D+

Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:00 pm
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Site review

http://www.worldofkj.com/articleIndex.php?tid=30662

Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:37 am
i break the rules, so i don't care

Gulli has a crush on Jason Behr. i never thought the day would come.

Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:48 am
Wallflower

I actually thought this might be entertaining and am a sucker for a werewolf flick. But what a boring piece of crap this ended up being. And this is coming from someone who found Cursed to be a ton of fun.

4/10 (D+)

Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:48 am
You must have big rats

D

Oh boy, what the hell was this?! Hulli pretty much sums it up well here. Rhona Mitra and some of the gunplay scenes are pretty much the only decent things about this film. Can't believe that a movie produced and originated by Stan Winston would have such terrble effects and make-up, but seriously....these werewolves looked just retarted. The acting was mostly sub-par and the plot...ah well, I don't even wanna me tion it. Too bad because there could have been a decent B-flick in there, but the action is just too short and unexciting despite having potential and , once again, the werewolves are just crappy. The villains are some of the least menacing werewolves I have ever seen.

Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:29 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]