Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Cashback 

What grade would you give this film?
A 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
B 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Cashback 

Post Cashback
Cashback

Quote:
Cashback is the name of two films directed by Sean Ellis: a 2004 short film and a 2006 feature film. Both were produced by Lene Bausager, starring Sean Biggerstaff and Emilia Fox. The feature was released by Gaumont in late 2006 and also starred Michelle Ryan. Left Turn Films produced both films.

Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:30 am
Profile WWW
Motherfuckin' sexual

I saw this movie on HDNet and I still don't have a clue what to think. The acting by the main character is fantastic. I really felt bad for the guy halfway through the movie. Tons of nudity but that os to be expected with he subject matter. I loved the ending and the music. The problems were that it was boring and th plot got a bit scrambled and inrealistic.

B

Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:17 am
Profile YIM WWW
Superman: The Movie

Loved every second of it. I wish I could find a way to describe this movie, but I've been having trouble doing that. The only phrase that's been coming to mind is that it's a warped fairytale, but I don't think that accurately describes the movie. It's a great film and came out of nowhere to surprise me. It's also restored my faith in that 2007 might finish out strong at the movies, after a weak start.

A+

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:00 am
Profile WWW
Motherfuckin' sexual

I saw this movie on HDNet and I still don't have a clue what to think. The acting by the main character is fantastic. I really felt bad for the guy halfway through the movie. Tons of nudity but that os to be expected with he subject matter. I loved the ending and the music. The problems were that it was boring and th plot got a bit scrambled and inrealistic.

B

Wow, after reading my first post, I have come to realize that I need to proofread my Iphone posts.

Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Motherfuckin' sexual

Loved every second of it. I wish I could find a way to describe this movie, but I've been having trouble doing that. The only phrase that's been coming to mind is that it's a warped fairytale, but I don't think that accurately describes the movie. It's a great film and came out of nowhere to surprise me. It's also restored my faith in that 2007 might finish out strong at the movies, after a weak start.

A+

I agree with your post. I liked the main character and I could relate to him. The only parts I hated were when he was interacting with his co-workers in the supermarket. I lost interest after seeing those losers for about 30 minutes.

Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Extraordinary

Wanted to love it, ended up really liking it.

The cast's great and it's beautifully shot but the structure of the film isn't exactly perfect.

A strong B+.

Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:38 pm
---------

Post Re: Cashback
Such a beautiful movie. Has incredible narration and incredibly likable characters. I'm surprised I never heard of this movie before I watched it online on Netflix. I absolutely loved its theme and message.

A-

Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:15 am
Wallflower

Post Re: Cashback
I saw this one when it hit DVD a couple of summers ago. I really liked it. Very nice cinematography and a very good performance from the main actor (who happened to be really cute :wub2:).

7/10 ( B )

Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:43 pm
now we know

It's a really great film. Funny, polished, sexy, and poignant. If there is ever a film that resembles my life at a certain time it is this one. I worked at Sainsbury's, and I worked the evening shifts, and had workplace fun, and workplace a romance, and a prick of a boss. The feelings a young adult has for a girl are ultra intense, and at a time when your life is just starting, you already have so much pressure because you haven't chosen a path yet. It's a brilliant British film, and Sean Ellis is quickly becoming a favourite of mine. The film has tons of hot glamour girls (including the beautiful Keeley Hazell, Irene Bagach and Hayley Marie Coppin) and loads of references to the sexual growth of an English boy. The film isn't perfect by any means. The dialogue is not overly authentically British, and the film switches between the ludicrous, the serene, and the artsy too often, but it is all so captivating, especially for me, as it was like a visual diary back-tracking so many things that had happened to me in my life. Such fun!

Next up; The Broken.

A-

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:55 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]