Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Wind Chill 

What grade would you give this film?
A 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
B 80%  80%  [ 4 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5

Wind Chill 

Post Wind Chill
Wind Chill

Quote:
Wind Chill is a 2007 horror film starring Emily Blunt and Ashton Holmes. George Clooney and Steven Soderbergh are among the producers of the project. The movie was directed by Gregory Jacobs, who previously directed the well-received movie Criminal. The film began filming in the Vancouver area on February 1, 2006. The completed film opened in limited distribution on April 27, 2007. The film is also available on DVD.

Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:57 pm
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

Surprisingly very good. Emily Blunt was great and the movie itself was atmospheric and creepy. It's a shame that the studio is uncermoniously dumping it - it could have done well with a release date around Christmas as counter-programming to the big budget studio flicks.

B+

Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:55 am
Profile YIM
Orphan

It's really frustrating and otherwise disappointing how Sony mishandled this movie. I'd think that with the likes of George Clooney and Steven Soderbergh producing it would get better treatment than a glorified direct-to-DVD release.

Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:27 am
College Boy Z

Post Re: Wind Chill
A solid little atmospheric horror film. It's a ghost movie essentially, but them trying to survive the night was even more tense and exciting. Kinda like The Descent in sub-zero temperatures (and not as good, of course).

Emily Blunt is perfect for the role here. She needs to star in more films.

B

Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:21 pm
Wallflower

WIND CHILL - 7/10 ( B )

I loved the first half hour before the accident, and I liked the rest just fine, but the setup is the best part. The atmosphere is very nice and the setting is great. It would be fun to watch this in the winter. Emily Blunt gives a really strong performance for this type of movie. Without her and some less-talented actress in the role there's no denying that the movie would have been much less interesting. But she makes it so much better than it could have been.

I wish this would have gotten a wide release in theaters. They could have released it in the winter. It would have been the perfect time to see it.

Anyway, while not particularily scary or intense, it's still a pretty solid chiller. I also liked the very ending. The only real problem it has is that it eventually gets stuck and doesn't know where else to take the story so it becomes a little repetitive, just like most ghost stories. Still, it's also better than most. Emily Blunt should star in everything.

Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:27 pm
Orphan

Mike wrote:
WIND CHILL - 7/10 ( B )

I loved the first half hour before the accident, and I liked the rest just fine, but the setup is the best part. The atmosphere is very nice and the setting is great. It would be fun to watch this in the winter. Emily Blunt gives a really strong performance for this type of movie. Without her and some less-talented actress in the role there's no denying that the movie would have been much less interesting. But she makes it so much better than it could have been.

I wish this would have gotten a wide release in theaters. They could have released it in the winter. It would have been the perfect time to see it.

Anyway, while not particularily scary or intense, it's still a pretty solid chiller. I also liked the very ending. The only real problem it has is that it eventually gets stuck and doesn't know where else to take the story so it becomes a little repetitive, just like most ghost stories. Still, it's also better than most. Emily Blunt should star in everything.

I thought Ashton Holmes was also good as her stalkerish roadmate, if you will.

Plan on buying this on Tuesday.

Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:54 pm
Wallflower

He was good, but really didn't have as much to do with his performance. As a fan of Blunt, I thought she stole the show. And had I not liked her before this, I still know I would have found her to steal the show. She's a fascinating, talented actress

Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:12 am
You must have big rats

What a really underrated horror flick do we've got here! Can't believe how the studio mistreated this little, atmospheric film. Emily Blunt is very good in the lead role and Ashton Holmes is pretty decent as well. Both have solid chemistry and I like how the film never even discloses their names. They just remain Boy and Girl.

Wind Chill is the movie that lives purely and solely off its atmosphere and that is where the movie succeeds the most. The atmosphere of being stuck in the middle of nowhere, isolated on an ice-cold night, surrounded by some creepy happenings...that was transported to the screen perfectly, kudos for that to the director. The resolution to the whole thing is rather corny and the backstory to the "evil" here is rather stupid as well and drags the film down a bit, but before the final 15 minutes or so, this is a very effective, chilling horror film with some very screepy moments and some really scary ghosts.

Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]