Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Wild Hogs 

What grade would you give this film?
A 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 8 ]
C 19%  19%  [ 3 ]
D 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
F 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 16

Wild Hogs 
Extraordinary

Post Wild Hogs
Wild Hogs

Quote:
Wild Hogs is a 2007 action-adventure comedy film directed by Walt Becker and starring Tim Allen, John Travolta, Martin Lawrence and William H. Macy. It was released nationwide in the United States and Canada on March 2, 2007, though preview film screenings were held in select areas on February 24, 2007.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:24 am
Indiana Jones IV

Hilarious. I honestly don't remember laughing that hard in a theater since I saw Wedding Crashers when it first came out. Granted, the plot in Wild Hogs was not great, but it still worked. I went to see it with a friend and we were cracking up from the opening frames of the movie. It could have been better and developed more, but it was hysterical so I'm not complaining.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:57 pm
Profile WWW
Superman: The Movie

B

Hilarious. I honestly don't remember laughing that hard in a theater since I saw Wedding Crashers when it first came out. Granted, the plot in Wild Hogs was not great, but it still worked. I went to see it with a friend and we were cracking up from the opening frames of the movie. It could have been better and developed more, but it was hysterical so I'm not complaining.

Agreed. I was expecting it to be good, but I wasn't expecting it to be consistently funny.

The marco polo scene with John C. McGinley in the pond is easily one of the creepiest and funniest scenes I've seen in a long time.

B+

On a sidenote, I was glad to see The Sklar Brothers in the film. I was a big fan of their show Cheap Seats on ESPN Classic, so I'm glad they're appearing in something else.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:03 pm
Profile WWW
---------

Oh my gosh!! Agreed with above posts. I haven't laughed that hard in awhile either. Great comedic timing!! Sure it's a little cheesy on the plot side, but this is a great comedic team!

Grade: B+

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:39 am
htm

Not really that funny, but it doesn't take itself too seriously. At the end of the day, the film makes a solid point without making me want to slit my wrists and made me chuckle.... B-

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:49 am
Commander and Chef

Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:58 am
Profile WWW
Killing With Kindness

fun

Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

Didn't plan on seeing this, but actually, it wasn't half bad. I'll admit, I laughed quite a bit. The film, as a whole, is still your basic cheesy comedy, but somehow managed to be a decent time-killer. B-

Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:48 am
Orphan

Horrid excuse for a comedy and one of the most outwardly homophobic films in recent memory. How no one caught this is stunning; not to mention that people didn't find it despicable.

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:48 pm
Wallflower

Horrid excuse for a comedy and one of the most outwardly homophobic films in recent memory. How no one caught this is stunning; not to mention that people didn't find it despicable.

Thank you Joe for mentioning that. I've read in countless professional reviews how homophobic the film is and nobody else seems to be mentioning this. And coming from you of all people it's really saying something since, unless I'm mistaken, I believe you're kind of homophobic yourself. So if someone who is actually homophobic found it to be so then it has to be true.

Thankfully I find the movie to look horrendous and stunningly unfunny. Unfortunately it's a big hit.

Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:15 am
Where will you be?

Joe wrote:

Thank you Joe for mentioning that. I've read in countless professional reviews how homophobic the film is and nobody else seems to be mentioning this. And coming from you of all people it's really saying something since, unless I'm mistaken, I believe you're kind of homophobic yourself. So if someone who is actually homophobic found it to be so then it has to be true.

Thankfully I find the movie to look horrendous and stunningly unfunny. Unfortunately it's a big hit.

While granted there's humor in there that I think could be considered homophobic, no one said that's what they found to be funny, and who are you to be saying people are homophobic for finding the film to be funny?

I preferred when Mike when he wasn't the angry gay guy, just the guy who automatically loved any film with gay content.

Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:53 am
Wallflower

Mike wrote:
Joe wrote:

While granted there's humor in there that I think could be considered homophobic, no one said that's what they found to be funny, and who are you to be saying people are homophobic for finding the film to be funny?

I preferred when Mike when he wasn't the angry gay guy, just the guy who automatically loved any film with gay content.

I wasn't saying people who found it funny are homophobic.

Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:03 pm
Mod Team Leader

Homophobic my ass. You an't make fun of gay people? Why not? You can make fun of every other kind of race, creed color and so on. I thought the film was tasteful and hilarious. So did my wife.

A

Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:19 pm
Profile WWW
htm

It isn't that bad. It's tasteful, in a way.... gays aren't lambasted or exploited. It's all in good taste. I'm as liberal and kooky as they come, and while I could have done without the gay humor (I am conscious that some won't "get it" or might take it the wrong way and think that homophobia is acceptable - it isn't), I don't find it very offensive at all. So I guess that makes me the gay guy who could care less about the "homophobic" jokes in Wild Hogs. :-O

Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:23 pm
Extraordinary

I'm also a kooky, gay liberal, and I'm not particularly offended by the supposed "homophobia," I'm just disgusted by America's readiness to see this piece of crap. 39 mil opening weekend is disturbing.

Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:45 pm
---------

I'm also a kooky, gay liberal, and I'm not particularly offended by the supposed "homophobia," I'm just disgusted by America's readiness to see this piece of crap. 39 mil opening weekend is disturbing.

Huh, you're right, people shouldn't go see the first real funny film in like, forever.

Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:15 pm
Artie the One-Man Party

Comedies make fun of people, and different groups of people. Get over it.

Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:49 pm
Orphan

Snickety Snack 2 wrote:

Huh, you're right, people shouldn't go see the first real funny film in like, forever.

Yeah, because a guy getting hit in the face with bird crap is the height of hilarity :|

Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:05 pm
htm

I guess I missed the part where, yknow, you saw the film.

:roll:

Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:12 pm
Orphan

Snickety Snack 2 wrote:

He saved his money for something better.

Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:14 pm
htm

zennier wrote:
Snickety Snack 2 wrote:

In that case, he has no fucking reason to be judging the film. It's as bad as dolce "pre-judging" Children of Men. Save your money and save your opinion.

Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:22 pm
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Joe wrote:
zennier wrote:
Snickety Snack 2 wrote:

In that case, he has no fucking reason to be judging the film. It's as bad as dolce "pre-judging" Children of Men. Save your money and save your opinion.

In the realm of comebacks thats upper level, respect to Zennier. :shades:

Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:42 pm
Orphan

It's human nature to prejudge. Especially with all the trailers and clips that are released these days it's expected.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:17 am
Kypade

There's a backhanded compliment if I've ever read one.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:39 am
King Albert!

This was a funny movie. I don't care what the critics say, I had fun.

Grade: B+

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:56 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next