Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 The Abandoned 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
C 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

The Abandoned 
Extraordinary

Post The Abandoned
The Abandoned

Quote:
The Abandoned is a 2006 British-Spanish horror film, and drama-thriller about an American film producer who returns to her homeland, Russia, to discover the truth about her family history.

Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:16 am
Wallflower

I saw this back during the After Dark Horrorfest and I liked it. It had great atmosphere and some cool gore. The twist was also interesting and original. The main character is a complete moron though and this had quite a few unintentionally funny things going on, mostly from the main character. She calls out the name Anatoliy so many times that just the name is enough to make you laugh. This would have been better if it didn't have so many scenes of the main character wandering around the house after strange noises. It was too repetitive in that respect. If they could have cut those down it could have been a more solid effort. Because of these I was checking my watch at times. Still definitely worth seeing though and it's a very well-made movie. The cinematography and location are great. I'm glad it got a wide theatrical release. It is deserving. Sadly they barely advertised it so it's kind of a waste. It should do solid on DVD though.

B-

Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:22 pm
Teenage Dream

It has some interesting moments and ideas, but it's ultimately a rather muddled film that left me feeling uninvolved. Nacho Cerda is a better filmmaker than the constant abuse of shaky cam would have you believe, and he proves it occasionally with some striking compositions. Still, this is a relative disappointment when compared to his brilliant Aftermath.

Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]