Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Fatal Attraction 

What grade would you give this film?
A 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Fatal Attraction 

Post Fatal Attraction

Quote:
Fatal Attraction is a 1987 American thriller directed by Adrian Lyne and stars Michael Douglas, Glenn Close and Anne Archer. It is about a married man, who has a weekend affair with a woman who refuses to allow it to end and who becomes obsessed with him. The film was adapted by James Dearden and Nicholas Meyer from an earlier short film by Dearden for British television, Diversion (1980).

Fatal Attraction was a hit, becoming the second highest grossing film of 1987 in the United States and hugely popular internationally. Critics were enthusiastic about the film, and it received six Academy Award nominations, including that for Best Picture, Best Actress for Close and Best Supporting Actress for Archer.

Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:13 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Above average effort in the "women gone bad" phase that ran throughout the late 80's/early 90's.

This film was a huge hit at the time, but honestly, for me it's pretty average. I thought Misery was a better effort and more entertaining in this sub-genre.

B-

Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:29 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: Fatal Attraction
This is such a perfect thriller, and it still holds up after more than 30 years. Michael Douglas is one of my favourite actors, and he's great in this. The film just stacks up so well in the erotic thriller genre, and it feels so original, too. Films do not have that anymore. You can be talking about obsessive partners or even stalking and Fatal Attraction will be mentioned. It's just the way it is. It has a link to life drama, dilemmas, affairs, etc.

One thing I don't understand, though, is the idea that Glenn Close is somehow alluring or irresistible. I get that it's exciting when you get the opportunity to sleep with another woman, but Glenn fucking Close?? She's ghastly, in my opinion. Like a witch. Particularly when you have the absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous Anne Archer at home.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:02 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]