Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956) 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956) 

Post Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Quote:
Invasion of the Body Snatchers is a 1956 science fiction film based on the novel The Body Snatchers by Jack Finney (originally serialized in Collier's Magazine in 1954). It stars Kevin McCarthy, Dana Wynter, King Donovan, and Carolyn Jones. The screenplay was adapted from Finney's novel by Daniel Mainwaring, along with an uncredited Richard Collins, and was directed by Don Siegel. The film is the first and most critically acclaimed of the novel's four film adaptations to date.

In 1994, Invasion of the Body Snatchers was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant". In June 2008, the American Film Institute revealed its "Ten top Ten" — the best ten films in ten "classic" American film genres — after polling over 1,500 people from the creative community. Invasion of the Body Snatchers was acknowledged as the ninth best film in the science fiction genre. The film also placed number 47 on AFI's 100 Years... 100 Thrills, a list of America's most heart-pounding films.

Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:09 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Freakin' creepy greatness -- I love this one!!!

Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:46 am
loyalfromlondon

It's very much a B-movie, but it's one of the most effective B-movies I've seen. Very creepy and suspenseful, with some cool cinematography and stellar direction. The script and acting are about as good as one can expect from this type of movie, but it still makes for a pretty frightening film. Unfortunately, it's botched by the studio-forced pro- and epilogue, which only takes away from the terror. Without those scenes, and with some better writing and acting, this would have been a science fiction classic. As it is, it's a very effective and memorable thriller.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]