Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Predator 2 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
C 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
D 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
F 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 11

Predator 2 

Post Predator 2
Predator 2

Quote:
Predator 2 is a 1990 science fiction action film starring Danny Glover, Gary Busey, María Conchita Alonso, Rubén Blades, and Bill Paxton. Written by Jim and John Thomas and directed by Stephen Hopkins, the film is a sequel to 1987's Predator, with Kevin Peter Hall again playing the role of the Predator. The film received negative reviews and gained a moderate return at the box office.

Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:07 am
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

Truly one of the most disappointing sequels of all time. I think I gave it an F when I first saw it. Everything that was great about the first, was destroyed.

The City was not suspenseful like the jungle, Glover was no Schwarzenegger, and most of the acting was very bad. The only thing that was better was the predator effects.

Where I would give the original a A+, I'd give this a C-. Id give AVP around a B- only because it was somewhat entertaining, but at least Predator 2 stayed more true to the predator

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:35 pm
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Not a patch on the original but it does entertain. Still the idea of Danny Glover beating down the Predator while Swartzenegger got beaten around the place is a bit absurd. Still it could be worse it could have been AVP bad.

B-

Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:10 pm
George A. Romero

it's a decent sequel, but danny glover is no schwarzenegger, and the city setting bothered me. it was fairly entertaining though.

B-

Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:56 pm
loyalfromlondon

Quite simply, one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I found almost nothing redeeming in this film. The predator effects are kinda nifty, but that's it. Story? Utterly ridiculous, with some drug dealer/voodoo subplot thrown in with a government conspiracy and a supercop. Acting? Completely terrible, ranging from unbelievably annoying (Bill Paxton) to way over-the-top (pretty much everyone else). Direction? Quite bad, with the smash cuts and the nauseating cinematography. Visuals? Okay, but nowhere near impressive enough. All in all, it combines to make one of the biggest falls in quality for a sequel and one of the worst films ever made.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:53 pm
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Post Re: Predator 2
I happen to be watching the Special Edition of this thing with the commentary on and well I'd like to ramble....................and yes this does have a special edition release crazy I know.

Anyhoo I do think some aspect of this film are highly impressive and its a tad unfair the way its been treated. The Opening sequence and the Meat Warehouse scenes are examples of action and build-up done quite superbly on my view, plus they have just the right balance of tension and Predator reveal.

Ok yes the rasta and gang characters are completely bloody idiotic and the tabloid news guy is more annoying then watching Little Nicky on constant repeat but overall I'll gladly watch this film and never be very bored.

Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:41 pm
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Fuck it.

This is superb its one of the best action films of the 90s and I adore it. Every time I watch it it gets better.

I dunno what to say I love this film.

Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:40 pm
Pure Phase

I am watching this on television now. This is such a strange movie. ;) It is an awful sequel, but in an almost adorable way. So many poor decisions. The Predator versus Jamaican drug kingpin King Willie!

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:34 am
Pure Phase

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:40 am
now we know

It is one of the best movies of the 90s. Such a great sequel to Predator. I think the critics of this film were expecting a carbon-copy of Predator, and I imagine if that's what Predator 2 was, then it would have been criticised for that too. It was always tough following such an amazing movie, but Predator 2 did it well. Danny Glover is amazing and Predator in the city is great to see. Just as watchable as the first movie.

B+

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:47 am
Profile WWW
Killing With Kindness

BJs Grade:

D-

This movie is pretty close to being pure shit. I was rolling my eyes through every scene, what a turd.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:56 am
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

Worst fucking sequel ever.

However, is a great movie to get drunk to an laugh at though with a group. Sharpest Decline in quality ever.

Of all the bad decisions "LA 1997" has to be one of the funniest things I ever laughed at when I first saw this.

F

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:26 pm
Indiana Jones IV

I fucking love this movie.

Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:08 pm
now we know

Thegun has no taste in film.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:49 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Yeah sending Predator to an urban jungle just didn't work. I was bored the whole time. 3/10ish

But now I can finally do rankings at least:

Predator

Prey
The Predator
Alien v Predator

Predators
Predator 2
Aliens v Predators: Requiem

Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]