Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Gymkata 

What grade would you give this film?
A 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Gymkata 
Extraordinary

Post Gymkata
Gymkata

Quote:
Gymkata is a 1985 martial arts film starring Olympic gold medalist Kurt Thomas as Jonathan Cabot, an Olympic gymnast who combines his gymnastic ability with ninjutsu to enter a deadly competition in a fictional country, Parmistan. The film is based on the novel The Terrible Game (1957) by Dan Tyler Moore, and was filmed in Yugoslavia.

It has developed a minor cult following as an unintentional comedy for its dubious premise, poor production quality and strange setting. Maxim lists the film as the 17th "Worst Movie of All Time". Due to the sensitive nature of the film it was banned in Finland in 1986 so as to not offend the USSR.

Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:21 am
George A. Romero

Yes this movie is terrible, but it has sentimental value. i used to watch this movie over and over on late night tv when i was a kid. it's one of those "so bad, it's good" movies that is crammed full of unintentional comedy. it's a huge guilty pleasure of mine. it centers around a "gymnast/martial arts expert" Johnathan Cabot, who is caught up playing a deadly game in Europe.

A-

Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:58 pm
George A. Romero

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Mkl9rtttog" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed>

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:59 pm
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Post Re: Gymkata
I feel my life is now complete after seeing this.

The last 20 minutes with all the slo-mo caused me to laugh out my spleen. Best film ever?? Oh Yes

Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]