Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Lost in Space 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
C 67%  67%  [ 4 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6

Lost in Space 
College Boy Z

Post Lost in Space
Lost in Space

Quote:
Lost in Space is a 1998 United States science fiction film starring Gary Oldman and William Hurt. The film was shot in London and Shepperton, and produced by New Line Cinema. The plot is adapted from the 1965–1968 CBS television series Lost In Space. The film focuses on the voyage undertaken by the Robinson family to construct a hypergate on a habitable planet in a new star system, to which the residents of the soon-to-be uninhabitable Earth will be evacuated. A terrorist attack causes the ship to go off course, and the family becomes lost in space.

Lost in Space was the first new film of 1998 to open in first place at the box office, due to the continued success of James Cameron's film Titanic. Audience reaction was negative, and box office results were insufficient to justify a planned sequel. Several of the actors from the TV show appeared in the film. June Lockhart (Maureen Robinson) appeared as Will's school principal "Cartwright" in a hologram. Mark Goddard (Major West) appeared as Major West's commanding officer. Angela Cartwright (Penny Robinson) and Marta Kristen (Judy Robinson) appeared as news reporters. Dick Tufeld returned to his role as the voice of the Robot, having played the voice of the Robot in the original program, as well as narrating the series. However, Jonathan Harris, who played Dr. Smith in the series, declined the offer to cameo as a Global Sedition businessman who deals with Dr. Smith in the film.

I really liked this when I was 9. Don't remember it well, though.

Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:46 am
Jordan Mugen-Honda

I have no idea why this movie was critically panned.

Yes Matt Le Blanc has all the acting range of a battered haddock and the cliched father/son lack of attention angle makes me want to throw up but when all is said and done this is a great summer movie. The action delivers, Heather Graham is more then ample destraction and Gary Oldman's villian chews more scenery then woodworm which is just want you want in these type's of films.

Its a real pity this never got a sequel

B

Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:56 am
We had our time together

Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

Meh. It was alright. Nothing special at all though.

C+

Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:26 am
Profile YIM
All Star Poster

A childhood favorite, but now its just an ok watch

B-

Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:21 am
loyalfromlondon

It's a ton of fun, but quite poorly acted and written with some really terrible effects. Seriously, the visuals date it quite a bit, which is a feat considering it's not even ten years old. The story is really bad, as the time travel stuff makes no sense and the father/son stuff is terribly done, but the action sequences are fun, at least, especially with the banter between Smith and West. Gary Oldman is fantastically evil, and Matt LeBlanc is charismatic, but they're the lone bright spots in the cast, as the Robinson family is just bland, bland, bland. Some of the stuff is just laughable (the kid controlling the robot, the romance between West and Judy, the father/son stuff) but it's fun to laugh at, at least. Pure popcorn entertainment.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:42 pm
Stanley Cup

B

Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:19 pm
Star Trek XI

Really lackluster big screen adaptation saved by the special effects. Thankfully spawned no sequal. C-

Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:41 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]