Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 The World's Fastest Indian 

What grade would you give this film?
A 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

College Boy Z

Post The World's Fastest Indian

Quote:
The World's Fastest Indian is a 2005 New Zealand biographical film based on the Invercargill, New Zealand speed bike racer Burt Munro and his highly modified Indian Scout motorcycle. Munro set numerous land speed records for motorcycles with engines less than 1000 cc at the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah in the late 1950s and into the 1960s.

The film stars Anthony Hopkins and was written and directed by Roger Donaldson. The film opened in December 2005 to positive reviews and quickly became the highest grossing local film at the New Zealand box-office taking in $7,043,000; and taking in over US$18,297,690 worldwide.

Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:07 pm
Devil's Advocate

Actually very very good. Starts off a bit slow maybe, but once it gets going, it is engrossing. Really tremendous story, to think that his record still stands today is quite something. I'm a sucker for these inspirational movies, but it is a very well made addition to the pack. Above all else Anthony Hopkins is really amazing here. Coming in I was expecting another Hopkins performance, it seems like he has similar mannerisms in many of his flicks, but he completley knocked it out of the park. The actor disappears under what Hopkins does here, as playing someone much older than himself he becomes this character, you can barely even tell it is him, that's how good he is. As good as last year was for male actors, Hopkins should've gotten a nomination, and I believe he would've if more people had seen this movie. With this performance in the place of Joaquin Phoenix, it might've been the best and most full Best Actor pack of all time, with all being capable winners in other years.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:37 pm
You must have big rats

I agree with Shack. It's a very good low-key drama that just flew under the radar. Hopkins hasn't been this good in a long time and he certainly deserved a Best Actor nom that year. The film itself, while fairly long is rarely borning. Certain thing coult have been cut out without harming the film, but overall, it was nicely-paced. Hopkins' performance is an unusual one for him, as Shack pointed out and he overshadows everyone else on-screen. It is HIS movie. The movie is also surprisingly funny in a few spots, once again, thanks to Hopkins who plays his character with incredible charme and naivety.

Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:51 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Post Re:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
I agree with Shack.

I disagree with Lecter.

Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:04 am
You must have big rats

Post Re: The World's Fastest Indian
It's sad not that not more people have seen this little charming film with Hopkins' best performance in years.

Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:04 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]