Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Beverly Hills Cop 

What grade would you give this film?
A 100%  100%  [ 3 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Beverly Hills Cop 
College Boy Z

Post Beverly Hills Cop
Beverly Hills Cop

Quote:
Beverly Hills Cop is a 1984 American action-comedy film directed by Martin Brest and starring Eddie Murphy, Lisa Eilbacher, John Ashton, Judge Reinhold, and Ronny Cox. Murphy stars as Axel Foley, a street-smart Detroit cop who heads to Beverly Hills, California, to solve the murder of his best friend.

This first film in the Beverly Hills Cop series shot Murphy to international stardom, won the People's Choice Award for Favorite Motion Picture, was nominated for the Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture - Comedy/Musical, and even received an Oscar nomination in 1985. It earned an estimated US$234 million at the domestic box office, narrowly making it the biggest hit of 1984 (ahead of Ghostbusters).

Awesome action comedy. One of my favorites when I was younger, though it's been a loooong time since I've seen it.

Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:27 pm
Devil's Advocate

Hilarious stuff, with Murphy's Axel playing the perfect anti-hero. Screenplay is pretty darn good too.

Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:42 am
Superman: The Movie

Beverly Hills Cop is my second favorite movie. Eddie Murphy is on the top of his game here. He's very funny while managing to pull off some of the more serious scenes along with the action sequences. Another thing I liked about the movie is the way it balances the comedy and the action. It's a comedy, first and foremost, that just happens to have some violence in it.

There are so many great scenes in the film thanks to Murray. The "Supercop" scene, the strip club, the "bananna in the tail pipe" scene, and the buffet scene are just a few of my favorites in the film. Also, Bronson Pinchot as Serge is brief, but hilarious.

And even though it's very dated, I love the Axel Foley theme by Harold Faltmeyer.

Just an all around great film.

A+

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:56 am
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

Post Re: Beverly Hills Cop
I just watched the third last night, and can't believe how terrible it was compared to this awesome film. It's dated, but an absolute capsule of what the 80s was about. I love this one, and the first sequel is pretty solid too.

A+

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]