Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 2 Fast 2 Furious 

What grade would you give this film?
A 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
B 35%  35%  [ 6 ]
C 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
D 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
F 35%  35%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 17

2 Fast 2 Furious 
College Boy Z

Post 2 Fast 2 Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious

Quote:
2 Fast 2 Furious (commonly known as 2F2F, The Fast and the Furious 2, and in Japan as Wild Speed X2 (ワイルドスピードX2?)) is the 2003 second installment of The Fast and the Furious film series, following 2001's The Fast and the Furious. It stars Paul Walker, Tyrese Gibson, Eva Mendes, Devon Aoki, and Chris Bridges; and was directed by John Singleton. The soundtrack was composed by David Arnold. It is the only film in the series to not feature Vin Diesel in the cast, though his character Dominic Toretto is referenced in the film.

Paul Walker returns as ex-cop Brian O'Conner who teams up with his ex-con pal Roman Pearce (Tyrese). The duo transport a shipment of dirty money for shady Miami-based import-export dealer Carter Verone (Cole Hauser), while working with undercover agent Monica Fuentes (Mendes) to bring Verone down.

It's nothing close to the original, but it's a really fun sequel. B

Last edited by zingy on Sun May 26, 2013 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:25 pm
Teh Mexican

It wasnt as good as the First one, but still a lot of fun!

B

Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:58 am
You must have big rats

To my big surprise I liked it more than the original. It is very silly, but at least it doesn't take itself seriously and gives us what everyone wants from the film anyway - crazy car races. Seriously, the races and chases in this flick belong to the most intense I have ever seen. Surely, Tyrese is no Vin Diesel, but the true stars of the series are on the wheels anyway. I didnt feel bored for a second.

Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:57 am
Profile WWW
Golfaholic

Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:47 am
Sbil

F

Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:30 am
Devil's Advocate

Decent fun.

Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:00 pm
why so serious?

After the success of the first film, it was clear that the box office take was the only reason this stinker was made. Without Vin Diesel, Paul Walker had to carry the movie on his own, and while he did okay for the most part, he had some areas where he faltered, and it didn't help having the woefully miscast Tyrese by his side. Also, the races lacked the same excitement they had the first time around, and mostly looked artificial. Plus, the movie had a huge lack of plot and common sense that made some scenes laughably bad.

C- (and I'm being generous here)

Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:50 pm
All Star Poster

About 20% of the dialogue in the film was laughable, but the action was awsome

B

Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:59 am
now we know

If you are looking for a movie full of teenage macho bullshit, look no further than 2 Fast 2 Furious. It's just 100 minutes of urban idiots spouting tough lines and acting like gangsters. I've heard enough people being called homie, bro', blood, rudeboy etc. to last me a lifetime.

Who's the biggest cunt in film history? It's Tyrese Gibson.

The guy needed to be shot. In the face. Repeatedly. Then spat on. And urinated on. He is so over-bearingly annoying that I wanted to shoot a pistol right next to my ears just so I couldn't hear him anymore. This movie without that piece of shit would have been bearable, possibly a "D+", but he counteracts whatever redeeming qualities it may have (which ain't many, bruv).

It has a terrible script, even more terrible villain, and just about the worst soundtrack I've ever heard in any film. And rappers in movies, yet again...it seems that producers make an urban movies and think that people want to see rappers without realising that that's possibly not the best promoter for that area of society. It's made by John Singleton who made other pieces of trash like Boyz n the Hood and the underrated but still bad, Abduction (at least he dropped the urban shit for once). Eva Mendes was hot, though that's not going to save this flat out turkey. Oh, and Devon Aoki looks like she's had every car in the film run over her face.

F

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:29 am
Profile WWW
now we know

I don't like how someone is letting 80% of the dialogue in this movie get away scot-free. It's all worthy of ridicule, not just 20%. Here's my grades for the series:

The Fast and the Furious C
2 Fast 2 Furious F
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Dift N/A
Fast and Furious N/A
Fast Five C+

Not a great series by any means.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:04 am
Profile WWW
Deshi Basara

Post Re: 2 Fast 2 Furious
This was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. By contrast, I really enjoyed Fast Five, 4 was pretty good, and 1 was watchable.

The most interesting thing about it was that it had the longest post-credits scene I've ever seen by far - it was like an epilogue to the film and a teaser for another film.

Most Impressive Openings: Honorable Mentions

Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:03 am
now we know

Post Re:
Algren wrote:
Who's the biggest cunt in film history? It's Tyrese Gibson.

Dang! I forgot about Spike Lee when I wrote this post. I guess Tyrese Gibson is in the Top 10 [Biggest Cunts in Film History], though.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:17 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

So I just rewatched this (can't believe it's been 10 years since this) and wow what a piece of crap. I've never seen 4 & 5 so I guess I'm looking forward to watching those in the next couple of days!

Thu May 23, 2013 3:49 am
Ocarina of Time

Better than the first one, but still lame

C-

1. Super Mario Bros Movie
2. Rebel Moon
3. Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1
4. Oppenheimer
5. The Flash
6. Elemental
7. Aquaman 2
8. Dune Part 2
9. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
10. Blue Beetle

Thu May 23, 2013 12:41 pm
Full Fledged Member

I'm an unabashed F&F fanatic, and I think this movie is absolutely horrible and one of the worst movies I've ever seen. The "romance" between Paul Walker and Eva Mendes is shoehorned beyond belief and the production values in general are just pathetic. Everything about this movie screams "Straight to DVD". In retrospect, it's an absolute miracle that the franchise survived this film. Now, with the series embrace of its stupidity being part of the appeal, it's fun to watch. But the fact that, at the time, they released it as a serious film is mind-boggling.

Sun May 26, 2013 4:28 am
Forum General

Easily the worst in the series, but I don't hate this movie. Despite how bad it is I was entertained for the most part and I like the banter between Paul and Tyrese. There are some hilariously awful lines of dialogue and acting, but that just makes it all the more fun IMO. Also, Cole Hauser was a decent villain and I actually wish he would return to the franchise.

It's a fun, trashy, B action movie at best with enough hot women and cool cars to at least keep your attention most of the time.

Mon May 27, 2013 8:15 pm
now we know

Hot women, cool cars, awful dialogue and acting, trashy action = keeping your attention?

For me that = walking out or switching that shit off. But then I suppose that's what it's gotten to nowadays. People are just fooled by bright lights and lots of noise. They stop listening after a while and just accept it as entertainment.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue May 28, 2013 7:58 am
Profile WWW
Z

Location: Wherever he went, including here, it was against his better judgment.
Is this the one in which everybody says 'bro' all the time?

Tue May 28, 2013 8:14 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Argos wrote:
Is this the one in which everybody says 'bro' all the time?

There's a pretty high "bro" rate in all of them, but I think this one is higher than most, yes. I've not seen all of them, but out of the first, the fifth and this one, this is the one with the most utterings of "bro".

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue May 28, 2013 8:24 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

This one does a better job at not taking itself too seriously but its still bad because now it has lost Diesel and added Gibson who is unable to carry this through. His banter with Walker is fun to explore at beginning but a bore to follow throughout the runtime of the movie. The car chases were done better but had less purpose this time around probably because the stakes are not built up this time as the family angle was replaced with "bros". While the cars are working this is a thrill ride but the rest of the movie is very close to F.

C

Eva Mendes though looks really hot, I wished she was in more stuffs.

Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:03 pm
The Kramer

Screw you all, 2F2F is great and the most fun of the pre-Rock entries. The rat scene alone is more memorable than anything in 3 or 4. And it's been ripped off several times since!

Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]