Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Wrong Turn 

What grade would you give this film?
A 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
B 73%  73%  [ 8 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 11

Wrong Turn 
College Boy Z

Post Wrong Turn
Wrong Turn

Quote:
Wrong Turn is a 2003 American slasher film, directed by Rob Schmidt, and written by Alan B. McElroy. The film was shot in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada and stars Desmond Harrington and Eliza Dushku. It is the first film in the Wrong Turn franchise which has since grown to include three direct-to-DVD/Blu-ray sequels.

I liked it. Decent horror film.

B

Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:09 pm
Devil's Advocate

Nothing too extraordinary, but solid all the same.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:44 pm
Top Poster

hILLBILLIE'S WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE? :biggrin: B

Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:03 pm
The Greatest Avenger EVER

I've seen WRONG TURN countless times and I find it to be thoroughly entertaining that gets the point across without resorting to Rape like HILLS HAVE EYES does for shock factor and despite the fact that the original contained it, doesn't mean that the remake had to.. In any case, WRONG TURN doesn't take itself overly serious either and the kills are pretty gruesome to.. I'd give this movie an "A" and surprised that a Sequel hasn't been made yet, even Direct to DVD/Video to.. :-k

Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:38 am
Profile WWW
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Absolutely secondary film, but I like Desmond Harrington, so D.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:14 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

I actually found this flick boring but I love the lead actress Eliza D. shes great actress. the movie its self had really no point or much a story. ooooh a bunch of people get killed in somewhat gory ways but their really really stupid and kinda walk into each kill.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW
You must have big rats

It's very much the definition of fast food horror. It doesn't shy away from any clichés, like the filthy gas station attendant, the cannibalistic, inbred hillbillies, one-dimensional cannon-fodder characters and a "Oh no, something survived!" finale.

Having said that, just like fast food, it is throughly enjoyable. It's fast-paced, laced with some grisly kills and believe it or not, I thought the first scene in the cabin of the hillibillies was very suspenseful and it kept me onm the edge of my seat. The rest is a bit silly, especially the whole part in the trees, but I still enjoy it. It's a fun ride, from start to finish and utterly forgettable. That, however, makes it quite rewatchable too. I think I have seen it four times already and I never get bored. Great movie for a party with friends.

@BKB

The DTV sequel is in production.

Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:05 am
Profile WWW
Mod Team Leader

This is a decent blood and guts horror flick. The characters aren't all entirely stupid and hysterical (although there are some). The bad guys are wonderfully gruesome, I most certainly would not want to meet them in some dark deserted forest some night. There are some good inventive kills with CG kept down to a bare minimum. The acting isn't as dreadful as we've seen in some other horror movies. The two leads, Desmond Harrington and Eliza Dushku play likable characters Chris Flynn and Jessie Burrlingame respectively. Chris is cool under pressure and thinks problems through, which is somewhat refreshing to see in a slasher movie. Jessie isn't the atypical hysterical screaming girl in the usual gore fest, she's athletic, smart, and keeps it together through most of it. There are even 2-3 good jumps in the movie. I liked the tempo of it, they delivered a good mix of scares, then rests to make it a nice little gory scary ride. It's not Shakespeare, and please don't take the kids, but it's not terrible for the horror genre.

B

Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:32 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

Stay away from those hilly areas. Decent flick with some imagination.

B

Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:43 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]