Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Jaws 2 

What grade would you give this film?
A 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
B 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

Jaws 2 
College Boy Z

Post Jaws 2
Jaws 2

Quote:
Jaws 2 is a 1978 thriller film and the first sequel to Steven Spielberg's Jaws (1975), which is based on Peter Benchley's novel of the same name. Directed by Jeannot Szwarc and starring Roy Scheider as Police Chief Martin Brody who must deal with another great white shark terrorizing the waters of Amity Island, a fictional seaside resort.

Like the first film, the production of Jaws 2 was troubled. The original director, John D. Hancock, proved to be unsuitable for an action film and was replaced by Szwarc. Scheider, who only reprised his role to end a contractual issue with Universal, was also unhappy during production and had several heated exchanges with Szwarc.

Despite the production problems, Jaws 2 remained on Variety's list of top ten box office hits of all time until the mid-1990s, and was the highest-grossing sequel in history until 1980. The film's tagline, "Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...," has become one of the most famous in movie history and has been parodied and homaged several times. It is widely regarded the best Jaws sequel.

Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:35 pm
You must have big rats

It is a decent sequel, although it's nothing compared to the original. I wish Spielberg directed at least this one as well because it had at least a decent story, the same lead actor as the first film and very good suspense at some points throughout. With Spielberg on board, it could have come close to the original, I suppose. As it stands, it as a decent film, no more, no less.

Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:27 pm
Profile WWW
Superman: The Movie

The the things that hurt this film the most are the additions of the teenage characters, it's not as suspenseful as the original, and it didn't have Steven Spielberg at the helm. That saying though, it's a very good sequel that is actually scary in some points. It also benefits from John Williams giving the film and original score, and not just have some composer come in and just repeat the Jaws theme over and over again.

A-

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:17 am
Profile WWW
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Out of the JAWS Sequels listed at this forum, I rated JAWS II a "C" and only because of the returning cast, minus Richard Dreyfuss who appears to have been smarter than Roy Scheider and the rest of the Cast looking to cash in on this 1 last time.. The teenagers were annoying, the chick that kept screaming nonstop was ear piercing and annoying as fuc*, not to mention the fact that the more screaming she did, the more she attracted the shark and they should've just tossed her into the ocean for fish food to give everyone's ears a much needed rest or simply smack her in the face as hard as you can to shut her up would've been suffice to..... The mechanical shark was terrible and wasn't "Bruce the shark" like the 1st movie, thus, it didn't look near as convincing and the way it was killed by a high voltage power line supplying the entire island with power was as ridiculous as they come.. Hell, there was so much voltage going through it's body shooting off sparks everywhere that Brody's rubber raft didn't even receive so much as a blemish much less Brody himself..

Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:25 am
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

Good followup, could have been better if they waited for Seilberg and Dreyfuss of course, B.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]