Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Jaws: The Revenge 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
D 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
F 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 5

College Boy Z

Post Jaws: The Revenge

Quote:
Jaws: The Revenge is a 1987 thriller film directed by Joseph Sargent. It is the third sequel to Steven Spielberg's Jaws and the final installment of the series.

The film focuses on Ellen Brody (Lorraine Gary), and her convictions that a shark is after her family, especially when a great white follows her to The Bahamas. Jaws: The Revenge was shot on location in New England and in the Caribbean, and completed on the Universal lot. Like the first two films of the series, Martha's Vineyard was the location of the fictional Amity Island for the opening scenes of the film. Although it was preceded by Jaws 3-D, The Revenge ignores the plot elements introduced in that film.

The film received a poor critical reception, and earned the lowest amount of money from the series. It is considered by film critics to be one of the worst movies ever made.

Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:34 pm
You must have big rats

So THIS is where the Jaws franchise got, right? This downfall from masterpiece to piece of crap is far more depressing than Batman & Robin compared to the first Batman. I am surprised it is not getting mentioned as much in the context of very bad sequels. A shark taking revenge? I mean...I am at a loss for words, but you get what I mean. Michael Caine definitely needed a paycheck. I remember he said that he has never seen the movie himself, but bought a nice house off his payment. The movie has some nice scenes involving the shark, but no suspense, a ridiculous plot and a rather tedious development.

Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:24 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Heh, I haven't seen this movie, but even hearing the plotline gives me laughs.

Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:52 am
Superman: The Movie

Mario Van Peebles, enough said. Well, I guess I got one more. The finale doesn't make since at all. How can Ellen Brody hear her husband's thoughts from the first film? For instance I think she "remembers" when Brody says from the first film, "Smile you son of a bitch." How could she possibly think of that when she wasn't even on the boat in the first film? I think she even has flashbacks.

The entire film is a mess and makes Jaws 3-D look like the original Jaws.

F

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:13 am
Profile WWW
The Greatest Avenger EVER

This has to be one of the most pathetic excuses for a film sequel that tarnishes the very legendary name of JAWS.. Flat out right off the bat, this movie gets a Goddamn "F" and no reason has to be given other than what you've read before about it.. The only thing even remotely interesting about this movie, trivia wise, was that the only reason Michael Caine even agreed to be in this movie is because he got a free trip to the Bahamas where it was filmed and that's the ONLY reason.. Hell, it was so bad, I don't think he even includes it in his list of Film accomplishments.. Oh and nice T-Rex Roar from the Shark to.. Since when do sharks roar Universal Studio Execs??? :disgust:

Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:15 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Post Re: Jaws: The Revenge
saw this yesterday and enjoyed michael cane's turn as "hoagie". but the movie itself is really bad, and unfortunately in a rather bad way. a lot of groan-inducing badness, few things to laugh at. for a much funnier peter benchley/michael caine sea adventure, check out "the island". that is a much more enjoyable big budget adventure gone wrong.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:51 am
Profile ICQ
Cream of the Crop

jaws 3d is equally bad btw and even looks much worse than this mess. it's one of the worst looking big budget movies ever.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:53 am
Profile ICQ
You must have big rats

Jaws 3D is bad, but this is worse.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:54 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Dr. Lecter wrote:

jaws 3 at least tries to be an exciting shark movie, there are a few good ideas for exciting set pieces, like the shark's attack on the underwater area with all the unsuspecting visitors. i really liked this movie as a kid. i think it offers the most shark action in the entire franchise, while in jaws 4 the shark is just a minor player in a pointless family melodrama. but the filmmaking in jaws 3 is so lazy that it's actually a worse film than the bland jaws 2 that offered nothing new. the directing and acting is of the same quality as for example in friday the 13th 3d.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:07 am
Profile ICQ
You must have big rats

Heinrich Himmler wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:

jaws 3 at least tries to be an exciting shark movie, there are a few good ideas for exciting set pieces, like the shark's attack on the underwater area with all the unsuspecting visitors. i really liked this movie as a kid. i think it offers the most shark action in the entire franchise, while in jaws 4 the shark is just a minor player in a pointless family melodrama. but the filmmaking in jaws 3 is so lazy that it's actually a worse film than the bland jaws 2 that offered nothing new. the directing and acting is of the same quality as for example in friday the 13th 3d.

I haven't seen Jaws 3D since I was a kid, I guess I will leave it that way.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:13 am
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

Favorite part is when she has a flashback to Roy Scheider's heroic final moments of the first film. Not because it doesn't make sense, as in why is she having a flashback to something she had no part in, but because those 6 seconds even weirdly colorized are better directed than this piece of shit.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]