Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Something New 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
I don't plan on seeing this film 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Something New 
Sbil

Post Something New
Something New

Quote:
Something New is a 2006 American romantic drama film directed by Sanaa Hamri. The screenplay by Kriss Turner focuses on interracial relationships and traditional African American family values and social customs.

Last edited by Libs on Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:55 pm
College Boy T

Why the fuck did I let people drag me to this?!

Sanaa Lathan is one of the more underrated actresses in Hollywood. Her performance, along with the rich, entertaining, and occassionally profound (but not overly preachy) script, makes this romantic comedy. My only issue is that the movie is...not really funny, can get predictable in scenes, and features supporting characters who can't meet the bar Lathan sets. Still, Something New is quite a suprise (and, *cough*, guilty pleasure). B+

I'm ashamed.

Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:22 pm

Why the fuck did I let people drag me to this?!

Sanaa Lathan is one of the more underrated actresses in Hollywood. Her performance, along with the rich, entertaining, and occassionally profound (but not overly preachy) script, makes this romantic comedy. My only issue is that the movie is...not really funny, can get predictable in scenes, and features supporting characters who can't meet the bar Lathan sets. Still, Something New is quite a suprise (and, *cough*, guilty pleasure). B+

I'm ashamed.

I wish she be in a good mainstream film, she always great and Love and Basketball was awesome, but get this girl in a really great film. I know I'll end up watching this because i adore her, and Simon Baker is easy on the eyes.

You get points in my book for going.

Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:32 am
Indiana Jones IV

The trailer for this looked very good... unfortunately, I don't think It'll ever get a release here. Unless you americans turn it into a huge hit. So go everybody and see it! :smile:

What Mixed Drink Are You?

http://www.blogthings.com/whatmixeddrinkareyouquiz/

Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:35 am
Profile WWW

Very solid romantic comedy, helped the presence of very good actors and a script that writes real characters and has them behave in ways that make sense. It did a good job of capturing the difficulties in interracial relationship (I speak from experience).

Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]