Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Cheaper by the Dozen 2 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
C 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
D 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
F 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 7

Cheaper by the Dozen 2 
Sbil

Post Cheaper by the Dozen 2
Cheaper by the Dozen 2

Quote:
Cheaper by the Dozen 2 is a 2005 film produced by 20th Century Fox and released in 2005. It is the sequel to the family comedy film Cheaper by the Dozen (2003). Shawn Levy, the director of the first film, did not return as director for this sequel, which was instead directed by Adam Shankman (The Pacifier). Levy was a producer of the film and made an appearance as a hospital intern in the movie. Steve Martin, Bonnie Hunt, Hilary Duff, Piper Perabo, and Tom Welling reprise their roles as members of the twelve-child Baker family. Eugene Levy co-stars as the patriarch of a rival family of 8 children. Carmen Electra portrays Levy's trophy wife.

The film was shot in Toronto and Eugene Levy's hometown of Hamilton, Ontario, Canada and on Stoney Lake in Burleigh Falls, Ontario. It includes the book Green Eggs and Ham and the film Ice Age.

Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:06 pm
Kypade

I swear, I didn't wanna see this...But yknow...you just don't drag your dad and two little sister's to Memoirs or Pride and Prejudice (/the producers/anything else playing) on Christmas day. :/ And when the only one who really has any say over which movie we see is only like, 9 or ten (and therefore allowed to whine and cry if she has to sit through a three hour Kong), sometimes...yknow...yend up in Cheaper by the Dozen 2.

The good news....it's not the worst of the year. : )

The bad news...it's about 3 terrible films away.

Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:01 am
Top Poster

I thought it was a cute, entertaining little movie that met all my expectations. I give it a B, just slightly lower than the B+ I give to the first movie. For family movies you can do a lot worse.

Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:23 am
Profile WWW
Superman: The Movie

I liked the first film. I didn't think it was over-preachy, and didn't have too many corny "after school special" type moments. I found the sequel to be too corny for my taste though and predictable (Even for a kids film). Piper Perabo's water breaking during the final race? [sarcasm]Didn't see that one coming. The Bakers and Murtaugh's becoming close friends, who knew![/sarcasm]. It just seemed to be one thing after another. Also the whole subplot involving the young Baker girl and the young Murtaugh boy wasn't needed.

They should've stopped with the first one.

C-

Steve Martin, Eugene Levy and Bonnie Hunt deserve much better than this.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:30 am
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

Once again ive been dragged to see another kids movie....i wanna to see king kong :sad:

OK, i enjoyde CBTD2, it was very cute and kinda fun..... but it isnt the best movie
ooh Carmen Electra looked very good :happy: , and Hilary Duff looked like a anorexic freak and her teeth are going to hunt me all night :cry:

C+

Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:05 am
You must have big rats

It was probably one of the biggest surprises of 2005 to me. The surprise was that it did not make me want to rip out my own eyes and eat them during the viewing. I did not see this film voluntary. In Germany, there is a thing that is called "sneak preview". It means that you buy a ticket for it and go in without knowing what movie will be showing. All you know is that it is a movie that is not officially out in Germany yet, not for some time. I went in hoping for something...wel...other than Cheaper by the Dozen 2. I wasn't exactly a fan of the first film.

Surprisingly, I felt that the sequel slightly improved over the original. It was very clichéd, stupid, predictable and dumb, but I felt it was very nice family entertainment. Eugene Levy and Steve Martin are great facing off each other and I admit that I chuckled and smiled some times. It got worse and worse towards the end, but thankfully, the running time of less than 90 minutes prevented me from being really bored.

Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:50 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

A decent comedy actually, about on par with the first. That one did a bit better job with the storylines and characters, while this was funnier. Performances weren't too bad either, with Steve Martin, Eugene Levy, and even Hilary Duff had a personal decency best. It's a bit too sentimental and predictable near the end, and some of the screentime weighting for the kids was off(Tomboy girl got wayyyyy too much), but overall I had a nice time. There's worse movies to rent out there.

Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:38 am
All Star Poster

this movie was ok, but it made me cringe alot

B

Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]