Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Æon Flux 

What grade would you give this film?
A 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
B 22%  22%  [ 7 ]
C 19%  19%  [ 6 ]
D 22%  22%  [ 7 ]
F 31%  31%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 32

Æon Flux 
College Boy Z

Post Æon Flux
Æon Flux

Quote:
Æon Flux is a 2005 science fiction film directed by Karyn Kusama. The film is a loose adaptation of the animated science fiction television series of the same name, which was created by animator Peter Chung (who had a minor role in this film version of his work) and stars Charlize Theron as the title character. The film was released on December 2, 2005, by Paramount Pictures.

Last edited by zingy on Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:12 am
Commander and Chef

Outside of a premise that may have offered hope (the complete premise being laid out somewhere halfway through the movie), everything is either standard text book or just.... bad. The conclusion, awful. The fight scenes, the most forced i've ever seen. the characters played exactly what they were suppose to and the final moral stand, the most flawed one i've ever to have seen.

F-!!!

Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:00 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
One of the worst films ever made.

Outside of a premise that may have offered hope (the complete premise being laid out somewhere halfway through the movie), everything is either standard text book or just.... bad. The conclusion, awful. The fight scenes, the most forced i've ever seen. the characters played exactly what they were suppose to and the final moral stand, the most flawed one i've ever to have seen.

F-!!!

is it even a BAD movie that would be fun to goof on or was it just painfully bad?

Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:10 am
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

i mean ... her monotone voice throughout the films, the extremely predictable twists or dialogues or situations once in a while make you snicker out of despair. I believe the only way of making this movie "so bad, its good" is by getting drunk, getting together with friends and watching this while you do tonnes of other things.

It is definetely not "its so bad, its good" in the Showgirls sort of way.

Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:38 am
Profile WWW
problem?

Yeah, that was pretty crappy. It was so unoriginal that it really was a waste of time.

I was introduced to the hotness of Marton Csokas (Trevor) though, so I at least got something out of it.

Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:16 am
College Boy Z

Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:16 am
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
:hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

so without giving away any spoilers, will there be a Aeon Flux 2, did they leave the door open for a sequel.

:hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:41 am
Profile WWW
problem?

Not really. It had a proper ending where an Aeon Flux 2 wouldn't be needed.

Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:25 am
Orphan

Not really. It had a proper ending where an Aeon Flux 2 wouldn't be needed.

Which actually surprised me. I thought MTV and Paramount would try and get a franchise out of this. Maybe they saw the dailies and realized they had a piece of garbage on their hands and the ending was changed seeing as how the film was sure to not make enough to justify a sequel.

Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:36 pm
Veteran

I thought it was okay it gets a C- the action is cool and I agree Trevor is freaken hot.

Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Extraordinary

Errr... sorry, but I gotta register a dissenting opinion here...

Mark my words: Aeon Flux Rox!!!

This one belongs to that most rarified of all film genres: the cult movie.

The story will easily bear repeated watchings - it's a sci-fi classic set-up that is carried to it's natural conclusion - it is acted with perfect detachment by our cinematic hottie heroine, Charlize Theron - it is moored in the most exquisitely convincing set design and costume - it is Aeon Flux, and in the fullness of time, it's serene perfection will be acknowledged and celebrated...

I now believe it's non-advertising campaign is a deliberate and brilliant strategy, itself designed to launch this film into it's future cult classic trajectory. Allow the easily swayed to be hypnotised to miss it's beauty, the follower to lose the scent, the cynic to ultimately become the believer...

(WARNING - Spoiler: Aeon Flux is actually a documentary of our world now. :Spoiler - WARNING)

6 out of 5.

Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:54 am
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

I enjoyed the movie also. Im a fan of these sort of movies and especially science fiction and this movie has plenty of it. It also doesn't hurt to have Charlize Theron playing the lead role either :shades: ;) . I give it a B+

Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:14 am
Indiana Jones IV

Errr... sorry, but I gotta register a dissenting opinion here...

Mark my words: Aeon Flux Rox!!!

This one belongs to that most rarified of all film genres: the cult movie.

The story will easily bear repeated watchings - it's a sci-fi classic set-up that is carried to it's natural conclusion - it is acted with perfect detachment by our cinematic hottie heroine, Charlize Theron - it is moored in the most exquisitely convincing set design and costume - it is Aeon Flux, and in the fullness of time, it's serene perfection will be acknowledged and celebrated...

I now believe it's non-advertising campaign is a deliberate and brilliant strategy, itself designed to launch this film into it's future cult classic trajectory. Allow the easily swayed to be hypnotised to miss it's beauty, the follower to lose the scent, the cynic to ultimately become the believer...

(WARNING - Spoiler: Aeon Flux is actually a documentary of our world now. :Spoiler - WARNING)

6 out of 5.

Not trying to insult you, but that last paragraph is a little over the top

Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:08 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

considering you liked it, i got a question for you. How can you justify what Aeon Flux does at the end. I believe that to be a contradiction of everything that she was trying to stop.

Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Not trying to insult you, but that last paragraph is a little over the top

That's how I felt when I read people blathering on about LOTR - except in my case, I'm right! :blush:

bABA wrote:
bradley

considering you liked it, i got a question for you. How can you justify what Aeon Flux does at the end. I believe that to be a contradiction of everything that she was trying to stop.

Her destiny has been fulfilled.

Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:36 pm
Commander and Chef

Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

what an utterly useless movie.

Not everyone is gonna be into the dead serious sci-fi approach. It is far more common these days to blend sci-fi with humor a la Fantastic Four (and I have to say, I myself am a big fan of sci-fi-comedy). But mark my words - you are going overboard in your condemnation of this movie - it clearly doesn't suit your taste, but it is far from a "useless" movie...

Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:30 am
Where will you be?

I'm going to see the movie this week hoping for a so-bad-it's-good laugh ala The Fog. However, I honestly think that at one point the movie had serious potential. Just look at the game trailer, why oh why couldn't they have had the action be CGI and look like the insane physics stuff in the cartoons? I'd rather have it look unrealistic then be this dull.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:34 am
New Server, Same X

Grade: F

Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:50 pm
You must have big rats

Okay, if Zing AND bABA AND Mr. X hate it it must be really really really bad.

Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:57 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

aaw.... i was somewhat looking foward to it.... hmmm well, i guess ill have to rent it when its available

Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:03 pm
New Server, Same X

Considering I found enjoyment in "Elektra", even though that movie was bad, yeah... this is really really really REALLY unbeliEVABLY bad.

Hell, I'd watch "Catwoman" again before watching this just for 10 minutes! There's nothing to really grasp on to as the film's saving grace. I can't recommend a thing about it.

Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:25 pm
Orphan

Dr. Lecter wrote:

Considering I found enjoyment in "Elektra", even though that movie was bad, yeah... this is really really really REALLY unbeliEVABLY bad.

Hell, I'd watch "Catwoman" again before watching this just for 10 minutes! There's nothing to really grasp on to as the film's saving grace. I can't recommend a thing about it.

Yeah, Flux is really awful. Terribly boring and pointless.

Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:55 am
Extraordinary

I'm going to see the movie this week hoping for a so-bad-it's-good laugh ala The Fog. However, I honestly think that at one point the movie had serious potential. Just look at the game trailer, why oh why couldn't they have had the action be CGI and look like the insane physics stuff in the cartoons? I'd rather have it look unrealistic then be this dull.

Yo, Dude!

Waiting on your review, since your someone who may be able to see past the anti-hype based on your previous reviews of sci-fi...

Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:29 am
htm

Or its Star Trek.

Hehehe. I can't believe you guys were hoodwinked into seeing this. It was the Headstrong averts, wasn't it?! :tongue: And that ever-so-revealing silky top/bottom/everything she touts herself in during the trailers?!

Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next