Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Bonnie and Clyde 

What grade would you give this film?
A 67%  67%  [ 4 ]
B 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
C 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6

Bonnie and Clyde 
College Boy Z

Post Bonnie and Clyde
Bonnie and Clyde

Quote:
Bonnie and Clyde is a 1967 American crime film directed by Arthur Penn and starring Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway as the title characters Clyde Barrow and Bonnie Parker. The film features Michael J. Pollard, Gene Hackman and Estelle Parsons, with Denver Pyle, Dub Taylor, Gene Wilder, Evans Evans and Mabel Cavitt. The screenplay was written by David Newman and Robert Benton, adapted from the exploits of legendary crime duo Bonnie and Clyde. Robert Towne and Beatty provided uncredited contributions to the script; Beatty also produced the film. The soundtrack was composed by Charles Strouse.

Bonnie and Clyde is considered a landmark film, and is regarded as one of the first films of the New Hollywood era, since it broke many taboos and was popular with the younger generation. Its success motivated other filmmakers to be more forward about presenting sex and violence in their films.

Bonnie and Clyde received Academy Awards for Best Supporting Actress (Estelle Parsons) and Best Cinematography (Burnett Guffey). It was among the first 100 films selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry.

Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:22 pm
Award Winning Bastard

Bonnie and Clyde is, hands down, one of the greatest motion pictures ever made!

This film is so good, that it hooked me in when I was but a wee lad. I was big into Planet of the Apes and Universal's "monster movies" like Dracula, Frankenstien, and The Wolfman (which is a movie that they could do an honest to goodness remake of, gypsies and all.)

Anyhoo...

A movie like Bonnie and Clyde was probably the last type of film that a 4 year old would have interest in, but hearing that it was about real life outlaws intrigued my childhood senses, intrigued them to unparalleled heights, and each frame of the film crescedoed into the bowels of ecstasy... :-k Too high browed? :er:

Agreed.

The performances in Bonnie and Clyde are the things that legends are made of, as Faye Dunaway plays the promiscuous Bonnie Parker with fire, and the low keyed performance by Warren Beatty as Clyde Barrow plays off her perfectly.

Great supporting performance from Gene Hackman, who plays Clyde's brother Buck, as well as the entire cast, which includes an early Gene Wilder cameo that is very memorable.

The ending was quite graphic for it's time. This is a movie that every movie fan should treat themselves to!

A

Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:24 am
You must have big rats

Bonnie and Clyde is, hands down, one of the greatest motion pictures ever made!

But you gave it the same grade as Monster in Law :nonono:

Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:48 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

So great. Not only because of the acting, and even the little water re-routing plot twists, but ultimately how the story unfolds against the ambitious backdrop of the California West. So much to say about this film, and certainly one of, if not the best movie Polanski ever did. The fear of the dark urban underbelly and the unrest simmering under the wealthy (agriculture) top is palpable. The disjunction between classes and the hidden back stories of everyone involved. Superb.

A

Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:08 pm
Team Kris

So great. Not only because of the acting, and even the little water re-routing plot twists, but ultimately how the story unfolds against the ambitious backdrop of the California West. So much to say about this film, and certainly one of, if not the best movie Polanski ever did. The fear of the dark urban underbelly and the unrest simmering under the wealthy (agriculture) top is palpable. The disjunction between classes and the hidden back stories of everyone involved. Superb.

A

Wait, didn't Arthur Penn direct Bonnie and Clyde? :huh:

I am simply in awe of this film. Great introduction to Michael Pollard.

I wonder what would've happened if they went ahead and included Clyde Barrow's bisexuality? They just made him impotent. Heh, but anyway...

A

Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:11 pm
Extraordinary

dolcevita wrote:

A

Wait, didn't Arthur Penn direct Bonnie and Clyde? :huh:

I am simply in awe of this film. Great introduction to Michael Pollard.

I wonder what would've happened if they went ahead and included Clyde Barrow's bisexuality? They just made him impotent. Heh, but anyway...

A

:noway: How'd I think this thread was for Chinatown???? Where'd the Chinatown thread go?

Oh, and as to the movie at hand...points to rank.

A

Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:23 pm
Team Kris

Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:24 am
Veteran

Great movie. The whole cast is remarkable, especially my new screen obsession Faye Dunaway. I found the historical backdrop of the film to add to everything. Nothing like robbing a bank that has no money. This is a true classic everyone should see. I thought it held up very well for today's audience. The ending is still brutal by today's standards. My grade: A.

Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:42 am
Profile WWW
A very honest-hearted fellow

Post Re: Bonnie and Clyde
Normally movies don't bother me. Something about this film really did. I think it had to do with the film wanting us to like Bonnie and Clyde. The Godfather was the same way, but I could find a connection with the Corleone's that over came that. Not with Bonnie and Clyde. They tacked on some "Robin Hood" elements, but it didn't work for me.

The movie looks gorgeous and Faye Dunaway even moreso. The acting was superb as well. It's just that I disliked, on a moral level, the characters.

B.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:54 pm
Profile WWW
Well I'm not stoned, I'm just fucked up - I got so high I can't stand up

Post Re: Bonnie and Clyde
KidRock69x wrote:
Normally movies don't bother me. Something about this film really did. I think it had to do with the film wanting us to like Bonnie and Clyde. The Godfather was the same way, but I could find a connection with the Corleone's that over came that. Not with Bonnie and Clyde. They tacked on some "Robin Hood" elements, but it didn't work for me.

The movie looks gorgeous and Faye Dunaway even moreso. The acting was superb as well. It's just that I disliked, on a moral level, the characters.

B.

Cheers to breaking the A streak!

B

Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]