Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Into the Blue 

What grade would you give this film?
A 27%  27%  [ 4 ]
B 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
C 27%  27%  [ 4 ]
D 27%  27%  [ 4 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 15

Into the Blue 
College Boy Z

Post Into the Blue
Into the Blue

Quote:
Into the Blue is a 2005 American film starring Paul Walker and Jessica Alba. It was directed by John Stockwell. The film was distributed in North America by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and Columbia Pictures, and was distributed overseas by 20th Century Fox.

Last edited by zingy on Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:00 pm
Top Poster

The first two-thirds was incredibly slow paced with barely any action. Should've been 20 minutes shorter and it could've been more fun. It tried to take itself too seriously (and dull) such that when it did become a cheesy b-film semi-action fest at the end (tho the action wasn't very good), it was just too ridiculous. There were quite a few unintentionally funny moments from the lead actors unsucessfully trying to act "serious". Jessica Alba is even worse at acting than Paul Walker, although she is redeemed by her super hotness in the bikinis. Only worth watching for the female eye candy, as well as some nice underwater shots of fishes. C-

Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:44 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

For anyone keeping score, that's two home runs in a row for director John Stockwell!

First, Blue Crush an awesome and under-rated grrrrl-power movie that celebrated the physical realm of surfing as seen through the four actresses. Now, with a overlaid thriller framework, Into the Blue amps up the plotline, but retains a keen interest in the underdog with a heart of gold. The two movies share a love of water, and for any viewers who also share this love, it is a sensual tidal wave of water imagery. And not just the water, but buff human bodies moving in water. Jessica Alba, who imho sucks as an actress, does okay here with the character portrayal, but excels at the swimming underwater as viewed from numerous intriguing angles - same goes for Paul Walker.

Anyone who does not enjoy this film, at the minimum from the point of view of a "Celebration of Human Physicality", has my sincere pity. However, this movie is more than that - mark my words - these two "blue" movies will go down in the history books as classics of moviemaking. For those who haven't seen Blue Crush, but have a bad impression of it getting trashed by critics, try sampling a few user comments over at IMDb...

5 out of 5.

Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:52 am
Devil's Advocate

Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:59 am
Kypade

Before this the last two reviews I've read were 2/5 and 4/5. But yeah, I see lotsa 5/5s too. (then again, what's wrong with enjoying what you watch? and at least bradley generally justifies his grades.) So in conclusion, Into the Blue has Jessica Alba, so 5/5 sounds about right...

Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:06 am
Extraordinary

...You give everything 5/5.

I do lova da movies...

:wub:

(PS: Thanx for gettin' my back there, Ky!)

Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:34 am
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************

but includes about 10 minutes of Jessica Alba in a bikini which shows her to have one of the sexiest bodies in the movies. They even had another hot girl, Ashley Scott, who basically seemed invisible cause all eyes were on Jessica.

Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:22 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

For those who haven't seen it, and are deciding whether to do so - this is a movie's movie - it is a most sensuous treat of physical human form and motion, framed within a engagingly silly adventure tale. It is fluid joy. Don't be put off by the naysayers...

:happy:

Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:10 am
Lord of filth

For those who haven't seen it, and are deciding whether to do so - this is a movie's movie - it is a most sensuous treat of physical human form and motion, framed within a engagingly silly adventure tale. It is fluid joy. Don't be put off by the naysayers...

Basically all you need to say:

"I like Jessica Alba's tits"

Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:13 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

bradley witherberry wrote:

I'm actually not a Jessica Alba fan - she was easily the worst thing about the very good Fantastic Four this summer!

No, I chalk this delightful vision up to the director, John Stockwell.

But, for those of you particularily interested in Jessica Alba, I think andaroo might be more accurate in saying:

"I like Jessica Alba's ass"...

:upsidedown:

Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:23 am
Lord of filth

Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:26 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
andaroo wrote:

I'm actually not a Jessica Alba fan - she was easily the worst thing about the very good Fantastic Four this summer!

No, I chalk this delightful vision up to the director, John Stockwell.

But, for those of you particularily interested in Jessica Alba, I think andaroo might be more accurate in saying:

"I like Jessica Alba's ass"...

:upsidedown:

Agree, not much in the tit's department but one of the hottest, tightest stomach / bodies and maybe the greatest ass shots ever seen in the history of the cinema.

and even if she is a skank, it is only look but don't touch.

and yes the only reason that I am talking about Alba's body is because it was the best thing in the movie.

Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:35 am
Profile WWW
Lord of filth

I'm asking on behalf of the people that post in Ye Olde Pube.

Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:42 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Did Paul Walker wear tight speedos?

sorry no idea, I remember his face from the movie but right now I couldn't tell you what he wore in any scene in the movie.

Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:48 am
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

:tongue:

Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:05 am
Hot Fuss

tis ok, you can cum out to us

oh, and did he?

Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:06 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Indiana Jones IV

However, this movie is more than that - mark my words - these two "blue" movies will go down in the history books as classics of moviemaking.

I spit out my soda and literally did not stop laughing for five minutes after reading this

Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:53 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

However, this movie is more than that - mark my words - these two "blue" movies will go down in the history books as classics of moviemaking.

I spit out my soda and literally did not stop laughing for five minutes after reading this

As the immortal Dr Lizardo said in Buckaroo Banzai: "Laugh while you can, monkey boy!"

Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:38 am
You must have big rats

When I walk into a movie like Into the Blue, I really don't expect much. The oinly thing I want from a movie like this one is to keep me entertained. I don't want it to be smart (because I know it won't be), I don't expect oscar-worthy acting or an amazing screenplay. I just hope for some light entertainment with decent action, suspense and humor. Last year, a similar movie, After the Sunset, delivered all that to me.

This one didn't.

The main problem of this movie is that it drags like there is no tomorrow. It runs for about 100 minutes, but needs over half of this time to actually get some things going. Before that all we get are some nice underwater shots, bland dialogue and obligatory moral confilcts. Which, to put it simple, bored me to death. Once some thing start happening and Scott Caan's character decides to sell the drugs things get more interesting (even though marginally), but it is already too late. The movie has huge plotholes (how come Paul Walker jumps into water handcuffed, but then all of sudden the handciffs disappear?), not so exciting action, bad dialogues (i.e. not enough snappy one-liners) and mediocre acting. Ashley Scott and Jessica Alba are clearly there for eye candy, but even though they might be nice to look at, this does not make a good movie by itself. Paul Walker is pretty incompetent as expected (even though he never annoys me like Freddie Prinze Jr. for instance), but at least Scott Caan is decent and gets the best bits of dialogue. Josh Brolin is also pretty good and James Frain makes a nice, even though too short appearance.

The movie also has really nice underwater shots as well as nifty cinematography. The humor is mostly lacking, but there are a couple of funny spots in the first half of the film. That, however, is pretty much all it has going for it and doesn't prevent it to end up as a pretty boring and uninspired mess of a film that fails at what it set out to do: to entertain.

Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:47 am
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

A surprisingly enjoyable and half decent little movie. It's nothing original by any means, but it's got gorgeous cinematography, a crackerjack ending and enough going on to keep me interested throughout. B

Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:40 am
College Boy Z

Jessica Alba, a couple of good scenes, and the cinematography made up for the lack of entertainment.

C+

Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:04 pm
Superman: The Movie

Christ, can you say tedious? 105 minutes? If you cut 15 minutes away, this a pretty decent film. Instead, there is too much setup with a boring payoff.

However, the film does have a lot of good things going for it. The first is the duo of Scott Caan and Paul Walker. I bought their relationship. I also liked the chemistry between Alba and Walker, although the only reason why Alba is in the film is for the filmmakers to show her off in a bikini, which I did not mind at all.

The underwater sequences are also fantastic to look at as well.

That saying though, whenever the film drifted off into the action sequences, I have to say that I was kind of bored. The film worked best in the first hour when it wasn't taking itself too seriously.

C+

Also, I'm not one to complain about violence, but how this film snuck away with a PG-13 rating is beyond me, especially with the way the bad guy gets it in the end.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:37 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Awful.

D

Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:58 pm
Devil's Advocate

Badddddd.

Basicly the worst performances of the year by Walker and Alba, some parts were just cringe-worth with them. "How could you do this to me!!?!? URH!" But the biggest problem, is that it's boring, dragging, and much too serious for it's own good. I thought it might be some slick underwater adventure, or cheesy horror/thriller movie. Instead we get 2 hours of tussling with a bunch of Cocaine dealers. There's some nice cinematography near the start, but that's all that saves this from the D-range.

Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:27 am
Sbil

I should mention that, despite the hideousness of this movie, Paul Walker is sex on a stick.

Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next