Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Roll Bounce 

What grade would you give this film?
A 33%  33%  [ 3 ]
B 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
C 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
D 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
F 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 9

Roll Bounce 
Sbil

Post Roll Bounce
Roll Bounce

Quote:
Roll Bounce is a 2005 American comedy-drama film written by Norman Vance Jr. and directed by Malcolm D. Lee. The film stars hip hop artist Bow Wow as the leader of a roller skating crew in 1970s Chicago. The film also stars Nick Cannon, Meagan Good, Brandon T. Jackson, Wesley Jonathan, Chi McBride, Kellita Smith, and Jurnee Smollett.

Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:34 pm
Hot Fuss

After Corpse Bride, I walked in to watch the last twenty five minutes. Sad.

Aside from a retro track and a few afros, this movie was nothing like I expected... terrible dialouge, lame characters, and the most anticlimatic dance scenes EVER. I was very dissappointed with the "dance off" at the end of the film.

Not the next Xanadu.

Boo hiss.

If I were to slap a grade on what I saw, it would be a D.

Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:49 pm
Extraordinary

Roll Bounce is a funky period movie from the dark ages of 1970's roller disco. The cast is convincing and south side ssswwwwwweeeeeeetttttttttt! And believe it or not, it's not even a disposable remake - it's like... like... a real movie! You know story, character development, visual style - all that. Only problem was, it kinda dragged it's butt through the third act, but them's minor apples. This movie did as advertised: It rolled and bounced. Don't write it off as fluff, enjoy it on the big screen, if you have any kinda connection to the decade known as the seventies...

4 out of 5.

Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:17 am
Hot Fuss

But the skateoff pieces were drab! Ayeeee.

Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Where will you be?

It's a great little movie, I really loved the accuracy to the time period and the style it kept up with that. I could really identify with a lot of it even though it took place twenty eight years ago. Surprisingly good perfomances on behalf of Bow Wow and Chi McBride, although the supporting cast was a bit more mixed, with many rather random bits. If Mike Epps wasn't as gifted with the comic timing he was I'd say that him and Charlie Murphy were unnessecary, but it worked. Just like the movie actually, wildly uneven but very charming. B+

Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:39 am
Extraordinary

...I walked in to watch the last twenty five minutes. Sad.

Boo hiss.

If I were to slap a grade on what I saw, it would be a D.

Excellent work! You must be a true movie lover - what'd you think of the last 25 minutes of Saving Private Ryan?

:biggrin:

Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:06 am
Where will you be?

Hey guys, I saw the trailer for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, from those two and a half minutes I'd give it a B-, it was cool to watch but went by way too quickly and didn't really have any memorable dialogue.

Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:34 pm
College Boy Z

Can you even give a grade to a film you watched 20 minutes of? I've seen parts of Master & Commander, Phantom of the Opera (actually, a whole hour of unbearable crapola), and more, but I can't just hand it a bad grade without actually seeing the full movie.

Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:38 pm
Hot Fuss

Oh, I can give a grade to a part of a movie with no problem. And that's just what I did! The dialouge was horrible and the dancing was crap! Who the hell cares if I saw the whole thing? There isn't any way it started off decent enough to ever salvage that grade. Moviedude, as usual, is smoking crack by calling this a good movie.

Horrible ending to a movie. I have every right to asume the rest is just as bad, and just as much of a right to comment and grade the horrible "finale"

Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Where will you be?

Oh, I can give a grade to a part of a movie with no problem. And that's just what I did! The dialouge was horrible and the dancing was crap! Who the hell cares if I saw the whole thing? There isn't any way it started off decent enough to ever salvage that grade. Moviedude, as usual, is smoking crack by calling this a good movie.

Horrible ending to a movie. I have every right to asume the rest is just as bad, and just as much of a right to comment and grade the horrible "finale"

Na man, you could say what you thought of that portion of the movie, but giving the whole movie a grade based on just the last twenty minutes is shit. It's like just seeing the last twenty minutes of Donnie Darko and giving it an F because it made no sense and you had no reason to care about any of the characters. Final confrontations aren't going to have anywhere near the same emotional build up if you just come in right at the end of them. See, if you had come in earlier, you could've been able to tell that the dialogue purposely had a retro, not entirely serious tone, which is probably why it felt so "terrible". But na man, you can assume the rest of the mvoie just as bad, but giving it a rating without that context is pretty unfair. Oh yeah, and before you decide that you need to insult my opinions, keep in mind that the general consensus is much more positive then negative, so you're much more of the one who comes off looking like the crack smoking idiot when you try and sling that shit at me.

Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:26 am
College Boy Z

B-

Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:29 am
Devil's Advocate

It was total shit.

Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:06 am
Teh Mexican

It was a bit over the top but good, i enjoyde it!

B-

Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]