Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Bambi 

What grade would you give this film?
A 57%  57%  [ 4 ]
B 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
C 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 7

Bambi 
College Boy Z

Post Bambi
Bambi

Quote:
Bambi is a 1942 American animated film produced by Walt Disney and based on the book Bambi, A Life in the Woods by Austrian author Felix Salten. The film was released by RKO Radio Pictures on August 13, 1942, and it is the fifth film in the Walt Disney Animated Classics series.

The main characters are Bambi, a white-tailed deer, his parents (the Great Prince of the forest and his unnamed mother), his friends Thumper (a pink-nosed rabbit), and Flower (a skunk), and his childhood friend and future mate, Faline. For the movie, Disney took the liberty of changing Bambi's species into a white-tailed deer from his original species of roe deer, since roe deer do not inhabit the United States, and the white-tailed deer is more familiar to Americans. This film received three Academy Award nominations: Best Sound, Best Song (for "Love Is a Song" sung by Donald Novis) and Original Music Score.

In June 2008, the American Film Institute presented a list of its "10 Top 10"—the best ten films in each of ten "classic" American film genres—after polling over 1,500 people from the creative community. Bambi placed third in animation.

Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:08 pm
Kiera Knightly is my lady!

Havn't seen it in a while, but I remember enjoying it and that I really loved it when I was younger.

Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:14 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Bambi
A

Who doesn't love Bambi?! Perhaps the biggest tear jerker ever.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:17 pm
Profile WWW
The Antichrist

B++, a very good Disney evergreen, although a little sugary and not too funny. Great musics.

Corpse wrote:
Perhaps the biggest tear jerker ever.

No no, that honor belongs to Snow White. :yes:

Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:24 am
life begins now

Yea, who doesn't love this?

Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:30 pm
Profile YIM
The Kramer

I didn't. :P It's cute and the death scene is effective. For the most part this plays like one of their Nature Docs though, which I can now see have been remaking Bambi for years and years. The wonders of the forest weren't enough to hold my interest, and the music just wasn't very good. A shame, I was looking forward to this one most out of the oldies that I didn't remember anymore. Oh well, two out of five aint bad (Pinoc and Dumbo.)

I'll give it points for hunter-shaming, though it still is a pastime of the world, hopefully this movie makes enough children feel guilty that they never have any desire to start in the first place.

Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:30 pm
Hold the door!

Don’t agree with the anti hunting propaganda, but dang are the scenes with man in the forest thrilling. Also easily some of the most gorgeous animation in any Disney movie, up there with Lady and the Tramp and Sleeping Beauty for artistic quality. I found it hard to get into at first, but as soon as man came to the forest, it’s thrilling.

Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]