Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Transporter 2 

What grade would you give this film?
A 24%  24%  [ 5 ]
B 38%  38%  [ 8 ]
C 24%  24%  [ 5 ]
D 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
F 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 21

Transporter 2 
College Boy Z

Post Transporter 2
Transporter 2

Quote:
Transporter 2 is a 2005 action film directed by Louis Leterrier and produced by Luc Besson. It is the sequel to The Transporter (2002). It is itself followed by Transporter 3 (2008).

Jason Statham returns as Frank Martin, a professional "transporter" who delivers packages without questions. Set in Miami, Florida, he chauffeurs a young boy who is soon kidnapped. Frank tries to save the boy. The film also stars Jason Flemyng, who previously worked with Jason Statham in the films Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch.

Director Louis Leterrier said that Frank Martin is "the first gay action movie hero", suggesting that the character comes out when he refuses a woman's advances by saying, "It's because of who I am." However, this appears at odds with Frank's heterosexual relationships in the first and third films, and his explicit statement in the third that he is not gay.

Last edited by zingy on Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:58 am
Commander and Chef

lots of style .. great action .. but some shit dialogue and not so pluasable situations and/or events. i found it fun till the end but really ... this movie severely lacked in a proper story. Plot was good though

Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:06 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

C+

lots of style .. great action .. but some shit dialogue and not so pluasable situations and/or events. i found it fun till the end but really ... this movie severely lacked in a proper story. Plot was good though

:-k

Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:46 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

bABA wrote:
C+

ye a... see the plot was good. but the story events and reactions were flawed. the plot depended on the mother of the kidnapped child trusting frank. i saw no plausable reason for her to trust frank. shit like that.

Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:59 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Schlomo wrote:
bABA wrote:
C+

ye a... see the plot was good. but the story events and reactions were flawed. the plot depended on the mother of the kidnapped child trusting frank. i saw no plausable reason for her to trust frank. shit like that.

M'hay

Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:25 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Well, from what I've read so far about Transporter 2, it seems to be shaping up as one of the most under-rated* movies of 2005!

Anyone who claims to be a true fan of James Bond could only dream of such a vehicle for their favorite secret agent....

This is an unexpectedly awesome sequel to 2002's The Transporter - and while it lacks sexy co-star Qi Shu, it instead features an awesome script, and even tighter direction. Jason Statham is the real deal. Jet Li dreams of having the screen presence of Mr. Statham. Ever since making the transition to film with 1998's groundbreaking Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels, Jason Statham has honed his acting chops at an equal or greater rate to his karate chops.

The Transporter's artistic director, Louis Leterrier, takes over the director's helm from Cory Yuen, who this time focuses solely on martial arts choreography. Though, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see a Transporter 3 with Cory back in the driver's seat.

This is a rare breed - the sequel better than it's predecessor! Don't be put off by it's current 58% rating at Rotten Tomatoes - it just goes to show you that 42% of critics don't know what they're talking about (or more likely that they lack the self-confidence to see/hear/speak the truth). This is a real action movie.

5 out of 5. (A+)

(*2005's most under-rated movies (in no particular order):

The Transporter 2
Sky High
Fantastic Four
Sahara (another script worthy of Jimmy B)
Bewitched
The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill
Cinderella Man
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
My Summer of Love
Stealth
George A. Romero's Land of the Dead
The Devil's Rejects
The Great Raid
Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room
The Jacket
Ong Bak: The Thai Warrior
Me, You, and Everyone We Know
Layer Cake

Mark my words - these films will be remembered, studied, and revered much longer than the short-sighted critics who panned them...)

could you perhaps mention why it was so good?

Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:23 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

For the same reason your avatar (and it's prequel) are so good!

;)

Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:27 pm
Superman: The Movie

I have to say that I am a little surprised by this movie. Even though the CGI is atrocious to look at, and even though it seems that Matthew Modine went to the same "Saw" acting school that Cary Elwes went to, this movie is a lot of fun to watch. The action sequences are clever and well done, and with this type of movie, that is the most important thing.

B+

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:38 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Schlomo wrote:

For the same reason your avatar (and it's prequel) are so good!

;)

That explains it

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:49 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

Despite being a little more cheesier than the original, it's a hell of a lot better. The first one was good because of the awesome action scenes done in a very low budget. So, of course with a higher budget, you'll see some cheesy moments. However, Transporter 2 still manages to keep up the awesome action scenes of the first, and make 'em twice as good. As usual, Jason Statham is his usual, awesome, entertaining self. He's not only the next action star, but he's a great entertainer as well, keeping up the laughs, despite having a serious role. The story is not without its flaws, but Transporter 2 isn't meant to be smart; it's meant to be entertaining. And, entertain it accomplishes. Tarconi (Berleand) is also surprisingly hilarious, even though he was barely noticable in the first. Nauta (the chick from the trailer) is more unappealing and unattractive than you could imagine. They pushed her way too hard in this movie, with her wearing nothing but lingerie throughout the film. The action was just explosive, awesome, and well-done. The only part of the film that I didn't like was the scene of the plane, which was poorly executed. But, the rest of the film makes up for it in a big way, and Statham only makes it ten times better. He is be the next, big action star. B+

bABA wrote:

Why not? The film showed how the only man the mother could depend on was Frank. She put her trust in him to protect her child, she knew that she could go to him for pretty much anything, and her son really liked Frank as well. I don't see why she couldn't trust him.

Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:03 am
Where will you be?

Yeah, that plane CGI was like a direct to video movie, same with some pretty awful blue screen stuff at times. But the movie is incredibly entertaining and a whole lot of fun. It doesn't just forget about reality, it beats the hell out of it, and has a great time doing so. Bring on Transporter 3! B+ (For the record, I thought it was much, much better then the first, which on repeat viewing I'd say is a B-/C+.)

Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:43 am
Team Kris

If you throw out the realm of reality, Transporter 2 is one of the best movies of the year. The action is non-stop and Statham is great as usual. The fights and car chases are amazing with a few laughs thrown in there by the French cook. The only problem is the cheese factor. The plane at the end ranks up there with the Bond surfing the tidal wave in Die Another Day as the worst CGI ever put on screen. Also the helicopter getting blown up in under 1 sec was pretty bad CGI as well. But if you throw all that out the window and Statham doing a 360 in mid air with his car to get rid of a bomb, and you have a great movie.

B+

Last edited by KC on Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

Statham doing a 360 in mid air with his car to get rid of a bomb, and you have a great movie.

That part was awesome.

:2thumbsup:

Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:04 pm
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
Good B movie - JS was good in this movie but do you see him playing a real lead - to me he is a character actor - even in this movie the car is the lead.

Sorry but I had a big problem with the fight scenes.

The car scenes as in the first movie were great.

But come on, with the CG, the fight scenes are so far fetched that they loss interest fast. Give me what was a much realer feeling action of the fights in Die Hard, Terminator, Matrix, even Rambo, Seagal or Cinderella Man.

Him flipping through quick glances of fights doing these kicks, the girl flying on those things from the attic, him beating people up, even the gun play at the beginning - just wish they would leave those crazy/quick shots out of these scenes that could have had realer/fuller feeling fights.

Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:12 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

This movie is a rarity since this is one of the vanishing breed, a straight up action movie. The movie has lots of inventive action (outlandish) and is fast paced. All I can say about the bad girl is YIKES. But the movie is fun to watch.

B+

Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:37 am
Profile WWW
Hot Fuss

Decent, fun time at the movies. I wasn't happy with the (lack of) writing, but the direction/production was nifty. Nice look to the film....

6/10

Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW
New Server, Same X

Pleasently surprised by this. Just a goddamn good action movie. Sure, the plot is paper-thin, and the writing is... meh. But, it's the action that works, and the action is what's MEANT to work. Good job.

Grade: B

Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:32 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

Well, it was much better than the original film was. That's about the best I can say. I am sorry, but I find this series of films to be massively overrated. This was only fun because of how hilariously dumb everything was! I was laughing all the way through at several ridiculous elements of it. The final scene in the plane features some of the absolute worst CGI ever projected onto a film screen. I am shocked that the studio would let that actually go to the theaters!

Statham was fine, he didn't annoy me in the first one either. He gave a decent enough performance and in addition there were a few action sequences were cool. But the rest of the acting was some of the worst of the year. Amber Valletta, who I really liked in HITCH, is the worst along with Matthew Modine. And I hated how they kept trying to sell that ugly bitch as really attractive :p The whole movie she was basically walking around wearing nothing and she was seriously one of the ugliest people I've ever seen :D

I am sorry, but action films can be so much better in this day and age. In a year that has been fantastic for action with the brilliant SIN CITY and many other fun summer rides still in theaters, it seems lame to waste time on this one, which features horrible acting and a ridiculous story to boot. It did get points for being hilarious though! :p It was almost as funny as SUPERCROSS =))

Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:07 am
Profile YIM
Teh Mexican

One question, Do i need to see the Original to enjoy or understand the sequel?!

Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:42 pm
Hot Fuss

Absolutely not. Pero el primero es mejor. Just understand that the guy drives people or packages around for $$$ as a prodriver. That's it

Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Teh Mexican

matatonio wrote:

Absolutely not. Pero el primero es mejor. Just understand that the guy drives people or packages around for $$$ as a prodriver. That's it

oh OK!

Thanks! :D

Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:17 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Wow. I seriously am baffled by the (relative) warm reception of this movie. I thought it was one of the worst movies I have seen in a LONG time. The only redeeming qualities of this film were Statham's general badass presence that he brings to the character and some of the car chase, up until the completely retarded moment where he drove the car from one parking garage to the other :thumbsdown: . Everything else was pure garbage. Terrible acting from all involved (insane bimbo actually came off the best), the worst quality and usage of cgi perhaps I've ever seen (was that plane sequence even cgi, or did the effects guys just grab a toy airplane and spin it around on a string?), overbearing musical score, and fights that weren't even 1/10th as cool as those in the first film, not to mention they were shot poorly (makes the fight on the train in Batman Begins look coherent ;) ). I really can't believe that the same director and producer responsible for Unleashed, a truly great fucking action movie, could make this utter pile of shit. Just think back to scenes like the bomb removal, the jet ski, the fight with that chick or Frank dodging bullets and explain to me how they somehow rise above Batman and Robin or Catwoman levels of stupidity to become entertaining. That finale on the plane has to be one of the worst sequences ever put to film. "Oh hey Mr. Badass who has been getting in the way of my plans through the whole damn movie, you're not going to get away this time (holds a gun on him). But first, have a seat and let's shoot the shit" :bang: .

Truly terrible, even for a mindless action movie.

F

Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:03 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I was a little disappointed. There was some action sequences that were fun, but as a movie it didn't really click for me. There wasn't much development, lots of plot holes, acting was a little off at most parts. Not that I'm against action movies, I mean I absolutley loved the first movie. Not so much this one. The ending was a bit arrupt too, they could've put a bit more falling actions after the plane fight. I was expecting the movie to go like 25 minutes after that, into a dramatic final scene. But no, they just cut to the hospital where everyone was fine, and ended the movie without any Frank being thanked scenes and so forth. The first movie had way more fight and action scenes as well, for everyone claiming thats what made this great. This had some moments(360 car flip!) but its still underneath the first in my opinion.

EDIT-After thinking it over I lower it to C-.

Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:24 am
Indiana Jones IV

fun and entertaining, that's how i described the transporter 2. only this time better than the frist movie. Jason Statham plays his character well better than the first movie. the story was okay a typical action-adventure movie. my grade is B

Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:12 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Extraordinary

Mindless entertainment, and the movie did that very well. The plot is as inconceivable as it gets, but the action is just as much fun. B.

Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next