Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Supercross 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
F 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 2

Supercross 
College Boy Z

Post Supercross
Supercross

Quote:
Supercross is a 2005 American action film directed by Steve Boyum and starring Steve Howey and Mike Vogel. The movie is a mixture of youthful relationships set in the intense world of professional Supercross.

Last edited by zingy on Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:14 pm
Teenage Dream

I want to see this. I might see it in theaters or just wait for the DVD release (which will probably be around October-November).

Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:22 pm
Sbil

I want to see this. I might see it in theaters or just wait for the DVD release (which will probably be around October-November).

:shades:

Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:26 pm
Devil's Advocate

Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:42 pm
New Server, Same X

Spider-Man wrote:

It's like looking at twins. MovieDude needs to come along, and triplets we will have!

Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:29 pm
I just lost the game

Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:01 am
Vagina Qwertyuiop

I don't plan on seeing this movie any time soon.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:24 pm
je vois l'avenir

Libs wrote:
Spider-Man wrote:

It's like looking at twins. MovieDude needs to come along, and triplets we will have!

:nerd:

Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:25 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

SUPERCROSS - 3/10 (D)

Yeah, I love Sophia Bush, but this was one of the worst films I've seen in quite a while. Everything about it was bad, especially the acting (although this isn't Bush's fault, since she's barely in the film). Steve Howey, Mike Vogel and Cameron Richardson all make fools out of themselves, turning in wooden and boring performances. The motorcross sequences were really repetitive and unexciting, and the plot was horrific. The fact that in one scene Richardson and Vogel are friends and then after a fast-paced but romantic race sequence they fall in love is a perfect example of how lame this movie is. It has some of the worst writing I've ever heard in a film before and the camerawork is grainy and unspectacular. Example: When Howey does a good job racing in one scene, a guy screams "I love your HUNGER!" :P The best thing about this was that the only people in a massive theater were my brother and I, so we were screaming and laughing at the film from beginning to end. It was pretty hilarious :P Anyways, NOT recommended unless you are going for a cheap laugh. It's a fun experience though if you are the only one in the theater - so you can make fun of it all you want.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:44 pm
Profile YIM
Extraordinary

I didn't get a chance to see this movie, but did enjoy this one liner from a review I read:

"SUPERCROSS is also an apt description of the way most will feel after paying to see this movie."

:happy:

Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:34 am
Devil's Advocate

Not that bad.

The script is one of the top 5 worst I've ever heard. Once you're past that though, it isn't really terrible at all. The acting by Howey, Vogel, and Richardson is bad, but in a movie like this, they didn't need to be any better. It portrayed an accurate example of dumb America, lets just say that. Heh. I actually thought by far the worst was Sophia Bush surprisingly, and this is coming from a fan. She only had about 5 lines, but they were all downright 100% terrible to the brink. Worst performance of the year terrible. But she didn't appear much, so it didn't matter. I don't know what it was about this film, it was charming? I think it might have been directed well, it had a very good mood and enjoyability about it. A lot of the film had nice chemisty shots between the 2 brothers, I thought that worked well. The movie didn't take itself seriously, and we're not supposed to take it seriously. But it is enjoyable, and it's a hell lot better than a lot of other movies this year.

Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:08 am
College Boy Z

That's all it had going for it, and it failed.

D

Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:48 pm
Wallflower

A pretty cheesy flick with stupid music montages (especially one where Vogel's character is riding bike with his girlfriend and making and some cheesy pop song is playing), some lame lines, and some crappy shots during the racing scenes, especially the silly close-ups on the faces of the actors. Mike Vogel was ugly here too. I hate the facial hair. He looked so much better in Grind, which was a better flick too. I found it funny how one of the main character's names was K.C. Carlyle. It made me think of another movie from this year, Ice Princess, and how the main character's name was Casey Carlyle. At first I was like, "Man, why does that name sound familiar? And then after thinking about it a bit I remembered Ice Princess."

Anyway, the movie is pretty lame for the most part, but since it wasn't boring and wasn't long I'll go easier on it. Though I could just imagine hating it more had my family watched it because it's something they would have found "cool" and funny and exciting, especially my brother and dad. That would have made it get on my nerves much, much more and I likely would have loathed it.

Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:34 pm
Devil's Advocate

Saw it for the 2nd time tonight. This time I thought I'd really hate it. But surprisingly, it actually holds up rather well on the second viewing. Actually so well, that I'm now bumping it all the way up to a B. I wasn't looking for whether it was good or bad this time, I was just watching it out of spite, and it somehow managed to worked wonders.

Yes, the movie is technically badddd everywhere. But damn, I was confirmed in the second viewing that the movie is definitly one of the most entertaining movies of the year for me. I had a real blast watching it tonight, something I haven't been getting much at all lately. And I still think it's director did a fine job. I think if I had one major improvement that I think they could've done, it would be to use an extra 10-15 minutes or so in the film to break it past 90 minutes and to develop Sophia Bush's character like they did with Cameron Richardson. She was basicly empty in the film, she was barely more than an extra and we barely got her name.

Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]