Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 The Killing Fields 

What grade would you give this film?
A 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

The Killing Fields 
College Boy Z

Post The Killing Fields
The Killing Fields

Quote:
The Killing Fields is a 1984 British drama film about the Khmer Rouge regime in Cambodia, which is based on the experiences of two journalists: Cambodian Dith Pran and American Sydney Schanberg. The film, which won three Academy Awards, was directed by Roland Joffé and stars Sam Waterston as Schanberg, Haing S. Ngor as Dith Pran, Julian Sands as Jon Swain, and John Malkovich as Al Rockoff. The adaptation for the screen was written by Bruce Robinson and the soundtrack by Mike Oldfield, orchestrated by David Bedford.

Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:38 am
You must have big rats

A well-acted, powerful drama. The beginning never quite clicked with me, but after the Khmer Rouge stuff really kicked in. Haing S. Ngor is terrific as Dith Pran and it is his odyssey that made the film to me. By far the best scene was to me the very end when he and the journalist meet each other again. It reminded me of the touching ending of The Straight Story for some reason.

Last edited by Dr. Lecter on Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:51 am
Profile WWW
A very honest-hearted fellow

B+

A well-acted, powerful drama. The beginning never quite clicked with me, but after the Khmer Rouge stuff really kicked in. Haing S. Ngor is terrific as Dith Pran and it is his odyssey that made the film to me. By far the best scene was to me the very end when he and te journalist meet ach other again. It reminded me of the touching ending of The Straight Story for some reason.

I think it is probably the use of "Imagine" at the very end. Gets me every time I hear that song.

Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:53 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

It was a good film but very chilling as well. I thought at first it was some stupid graphic, sadistic horror film like Hostel, but then i saw it on TV.

A-

Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:35 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]