Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 The Prince & Me 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 3

The Prince & Me 
College Boy Z

Post The Prince & Me
The Prince & Me

Quote:
The Prince and Me is a 2004 romantic comedy film directed by Martha Coolidge, and starring Julia Stiles, Luke Mably, and Ben Miller, with Miranda Richardson, James Fox, and Alberta Watson. Though its title recalls that of The King and I, the film is a loose adaptation of The Student Prince, a 1954 MGM musical, which was in turn an adaptation of the 1924 operetta, The Student Prince which was in its turn an adaptation of the German play, Alt Heidelberg.

The film focuses on Paige Morgan, a pre-med college student in Wisconsin, who is pursued by a prince posing as a normal college student.

The film marks the return of Martha Coolidge to the big screen after a 7 year absence, and her service as the first female president of the Directors Guild of America. It also features a cameo by Eddie Irvine, a retired Irish Formula One driver.

Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:48 pm
The Lubitsch Touch

I only saw this one due to an unfortunate romantic entaglement I found myself in. And it still managed to be worse than I could have imagined, even though I am quite a cynical, heartless bastard. So you must understand: I expected it to be quite awful. A completely artificial, annoying disaster.

And the aforementioned "romantic entanglement" didn't even like it.

Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:11 pm
Forum General

In the fast few days I've watched movies about the power in one's purse, suicide, depression, being gay in 1800, stealing, gangs in New York and high school. None of these movies even compare to THE PRINCE IN ME. There is a catch, none of them compare in badness. The plot is ridiculous and predictible at best. It's one of the few movies I actually wanted to just turn off and throw it out the window while I'm on the highway. It was a truely painful experience. The acting is absolutely awful and there is no chemistry between the two leads. I normally don't like pure chick flicks but movies like THE NOTEBOOK and BOUNCE are good. These are the kinds of movies I normally can't stand and the highest rating I'll give to one is usually a 7/10 (B-). The film is a silly freak show that lasts two hours. It's one of the worst, if not the worst film in American history. There is few movies I can't find anything good in, two in fact. The first being the awful adaptation to WHERE THE RED FERN GROWS and the second being the sleezy NEW YORK MINUTE. I've never wanted to turn a movie off more than THE PRINCE IN ME. It really is an awful, awful film.

0/10 (F)

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:24 am
Profile YIM WWW
Wallflower

In the fast few days I've watched movies about the power in one's purse, suicide, depression, being gay in 1800, stealing, gangs in New York and high school. None of these movies even compare to THE PRINCE IN ME. There is a catch, none of them compare in badness. The plot is ridiculous and predictible at best. It's one of the few movies I actually wanted to just turn off and throw it out the window while I'm on the highway. It was a truely painful experience. The acting is absolutely awful and there is no chemistry between the two leads. I normally don't like pure chick flicks but movies like THE NOTEBOOK and BOUNCE are good. These are the kinds of movies I normally can't stand and the highest rating I'll give to one is usually a 7/10 (B-). The film is a silly freak show that lasts two hours. It's one of the worst, if not the worst film in American history. There is few movies I can't find anything good in, two in fact. The first being the awful adaptation to WHERE THE RED FERN GROWS and the second being the sleezy NEW YORK MINUTE. I've never wanted to turn a movie off more than THE PRINCE IN ME. It really is an awful, awful film.

0/10 (F)

:roll:

Whatever! The worst movie ever? Or even one of the worst movies ever? Give me a break! Go rent JESUS CHRIST: VAMPIRE HUNTER, ROTTWEILER, GHOST LAKE, FEAR RUNS SILENT, etc... No offense but it is incredibly hard to take you seriously :roll:.

THE PRINCE AND ME is a solid film and much better than THE PRINCESS DIARIES. Julia Stiles was very enjoyable and Luke Malby was cute. I really liked the stuff when she went home for the holidays and he went with.

The ending could have been better but compared to the stupid alternate ending I'll take the actual ending.

Anyway, I own the movie. I've seen it twice.

Grade: 7/10 ( B )

Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:26 am
You must have big rats

Very generic, yet quite sweet at times. This is at least a great bit better than the Princess Diaries sequel.

Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:43 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]