Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Jason X 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
F 40%  40%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 10

Jason X 
College Boy Z

Post Jason X
Jason X

Quote:
Jason X (also known as Friday The 13th Part 10: Jason X) is a 2001 Horror/slasher film, and the tenth in the Friday the 13th film series, known as Jason "X", not "Jason ten" even though the X also states the number of the film within the series. Starring Kane Hodder as the undead mass murderer Jason Voorhees. The film made $16,951,798 worldwide with a budget of $14 million. Thus far, it is the last appearance of Kane Hodder in the role of Jason Voorhees.

The film was conceived by Todd Farmer and was the only pitch he gave to the studio for the movie, having suggested sending Jason into space as a means to advance the franchise while Freddy vs. Jason was still in development hell and is set in the future so as not to confuse continuity of the series.

Terrible. D

Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:45 pm
George A. Romero

An incredible disappointment. Jason in space is just a terrible idea. If they ever make part 11, i hope to god they forget this one existed and bring jason back to crystal lake where he belongs.

D+

Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:28 pm
Teenage Dream

Close to being the worst in the series. The only reason it's not is because Manhattan is just complete and utter trash. This film looks and feels like one you might stumble upon on late night cable. Some of the worst set desgin you'll ever see. Some of the worst CGI you'll ever see. One of the worst scores you'll ever hear. Point-and-shoot direction, and just a general feeling of "meh" ooze from this one. One inspired moment (it's all about the camping scene) does not a good movie make. D.

Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:34 pm
La Bella Vito

Absolutely terrible. I cannot believe I wasted my time watching this piece of shit. I'm a fan of the series, but this movie is just complete trash.

D-

Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:19 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Teh Mexican

This movie is my second most Hated movies EVER!!! (#1 is House of the Dead)

F-

Last edited by matatonio on Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:17 pm
Superman: The Movie

Jason X is one of the worst films I have ever seen, and makes the crucial horror movie mistake. It is not in one bit scary. The only thing that saves this film are a couple of T & A shots, when they confuse Jason into thinking he is back on the lake briefly.

For some reason, I have never gone back to watch the earlier films. I have only seen this one and Freddy vs. Jason. FVJ makes me want to go back and watch the series, not this film. This is a total failure, a complete waste of time, and worst of all, not scary.

F

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:25 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Sorry, but this one is one of the most enjoyable trash flicks to watch with friends and laugh at. I don't even know how to rate it, but if I rated the fun factor, it'd certainly be a B.

Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:36 pm
Profile WWW
Mod Team Leader

Is this the best they could come up with?, 9 May 2002

*** This comment may contain spoilers ***

Warning: may be some spoilers

You know, back in the day, Jason was actually scary. He was a true killing machine that could strike fear in those that watched his films and worshipped him in some way. But as the films and years went on, something strange and unfortunate happened; Jason got incredibly bland and worse than that he became a cheap caricature of himself. Jason was once the epitome of fear, now he is just an after-thought. This is a tangential film that only bears the villains name to remind us what once was. And my advice to Sean Cunningham is to either stop making the Friday films all together or get back to the old formula or what was once remembered as a proud franchise that pioneered the horror craze in the 80's is going to sink under it's own ineptitude. And this is coming from one of it's biggest fans. Please, make it better.

Can you remember back to the early Friday's? Can you remember what made watching the films so much fun? It was the fact that first of all, Jason was scary but moreso he was also very phlegmatic, like Michael Myers was. He didn't take things personally, he just killed without passion. He was the ultimate killer. In the first four films, Jason was nothing more than a boy who had grown up to kill with an insatiable need for blood and corpses. Now the franchise has gone off on it's own little tangent and subjected Jason to a ridiculous folklore that just doesn't fit with who he was. Part 9 dropped the ball by inundating us with that stupid "special knife" story and a sister angle when all of us know damn well that he was an only child. Face it, unless you are George Lucas, you cannot introduce family members late into a story and get away with it.

So Jason goes to Hell with Freddy bringing him there but now he in space and he decides that he has to kill again and again and again but with no real passion. There is no stalking in this one, there is no desperation. All we have is Jason rounding a few corners and killing the next person that no one cares about. At least in the earlier ones we knew a little bit about who he was killing. Think Tommy Jarvis, think Shelly, think of Chris, think of Ginny and Paul and Rick and so on. There was at least a bit of character development to the people that Jason was slaughtering. There was also a legend and most of all there was atmosphere. And correct me if I am way off base here, but didn't James Cameron already take this premise and do it much better in 1986 with guys like Bill Paxton, Lance Henrikson and Michael Biehn?

There was one very well done scene in Jason X and that was when he is in VR Crystal Lake. Someone else commented that all of a sudden the film became interesting again when he was there. You could hear the music, you could see the cabins and the lake and suddenly that comforting feeling of Jason at Crystal Lake was omnipresent again. Jason X doesn't have the slightest idea of what it was that made the franchise so successful in the first place.

This is one of the lousiest films I have seen and I was sure that nothing could top part nine and eight as the worst Friday's but this one does.

0 out of 10

Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Post Re: Jason X
Utterly hilarious. This level of cheese points towards a deliberate hand, especially the fact all the women dress like futuristic hookers. The level of set design and camerawork is so bad it would put an episode of Slider's filmed by sedated ringworm's look inspired.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:18 pm
Wallflower

Post Re: Jason X
I'm surprised everyone here hates it so much. I guess you just don't know how to enjoy this kind of movie. I thought it was quite fun. One part in particular was absolutely hilarious.

It's more entertaining than the FRIDAY THE 13TH reboot.

7/10 (B-)

:thumbsup:

Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:14 am
Horror Hound

Post Re:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Sorry, but this one is one of the most enjoyable trash flicks to watch with friends and laugh at. I don't even know how to rate it, but if I rated the fun factor, it'd certainly be a B.

Couldn't of said it better myself.

So bad that it's good.

B.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]