Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Wednesday 9/27 Ratings 
Cream of the Crop

Post Wednesday 9/27 Ratings
Source: http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/newsletters ... /index.jsp

1. "Dancing With the Stars" (ABC) 11.4/18
2. "Criminal Minds" (CBS) 11.4/17
3. "CSI: NY" (CBS) 11.2/18
4. "20/20" (ABC) 10.2/16
5. "Jericho" (CBS) 7.3/12
6. "Lost Clip Show" (ABC) 7.0/10
7. "Bones" (FOX) 5.7/9
8. "Justice" (FOX) 5.1/8
9. "Kidnapped" (NBC) 4.8/8
10. "The Biggest Loser" (NBC) 4.8/7
11. "America's Next Top Model" (CW) 4.7/7
12. "One Tree Hill" (CW) 3.1/5

Total Viewers

1. "Criminal Minds" (CBS) 16.46
2. "CSI: NY" (CBS) 16.08
3. "Dancing With the Stars" (ABC) 15.61
4. "20/20" (ABC) 13.34
5. "Jericho" (CBS) 11.38
6. "Lost Clip Show" (ABC) 9.45
7. "Bones" (FOX) 7.73
8. "Justice" (FOX) 7.08
9. "The Biggest Loser" (NBC) 7.03
10. "Kidnapped" (NBC) 6.31
11. "America's Next Top Model" (CW) 4.80
12. "One Tree Hill" (CW) 3.64

Not only did Jericho maintain the same viewer number from the premiere, it managed to increase in the adults 18-49 demographic. The 20/20 special probably did really well because it was about Steve Irwin.

"How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Got a, got a compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Working on, working on that for quite some time?"

Battle of the 2005 movies - Vote Now!

Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:32 pm
Profile WWW
Begging Naked

And ABC probably should've put 20/20 after Dancing instead of the Lost clip show.

Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:48 pm
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

I have a feeling Dancing with the Stars will end up with higher ratings than Lost with the exemption of Lost's premiere episode

Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:18 pm
Begging Naked

I have a feeling Dancing with the Stars will end up with higher ratings than Lost with the exemption of Lost's premiere episode

I think that's just you being optimistic. Those 15-17M viewer episodes WERE as a result of American Idol. There were almost always big increases when AI went off, and it hit 20M viewers in the final hour of its finale (When AI was out of the way). And Criminal Minds is NOT that big of a juggernaut. What else are people going to watchat that time, One Tree Hill?

Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:24 pm
Profile WWW
Orphan

Jericho looks like a keeper.

Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:03 pm
Confessing on a Dance Floor

Wednesdays are boring on TV. Thank god for project runway. But the fuckers are like having a three-week long finale. just tell me who wins already!!!

Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:26 pm

El_Masked_fuerte_grande wrote:

I think that's just you being optimistic. Those 15-17M viewer episodes WERE as a result of American Idol. There were almost always big increases when AI went off, and it hit 20M viewers in the final hour of its finale (When AI was out of the way). And Criminal Minds is NOT that big of a juggernaut. What else are people going to watchat that time, One Tree Hill?

Criminal Minds beat CSI NY disregarding that Lost didnt premiere yet. I did make a statement a long time ago that eventually Criminal Mind will beat Lost in the ratings just like how WAT did beat ER head on last 2 seasons. As I said, Lost premiere will have huge ratings but then will drop down once again

Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:46 pm
Begging Naked

Positive Jon wrote:
El_Masked_fuerte_grande wrote:

Criminal Minds beat CSI NY disregarding that Lost didnt premiere yet. I did make a statement a long time ago that eventually Criminal Mind will beat Lost in the ratings just like how WAT did beat ER head on last 2 seasons. As I said, Lost premiere will have huge ratings but then will drop down once again

A) It took 3 seasons for Without a Trace to beat E.R.

B) E.R. was 11 years old by then, and no one discussed it ever. Without a Trace was getting praised as the best crime show on TV and got an Emmy nom for Best Actor.

Terrible comparision.

Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:02 pm
Profile WWW

B) E.R. was 11 years old by then, and no one discussed it ever. Without a Trace was getting praised as the best crime show on TV and got an Emmy nom for Best Actor.

Terrible comparision.

A)Criminal Minds was trailing quite a bit behind Lost in its first Season. Its second season has been closing in the gap(a margin of 2 million viewers and sometimes even less) quite a bit and even its reruns have beaten Lost reruns in the summer
B)Lost has lost quite alot of steam on its second season when its first season was hailed as one of the best.Again Criminal Minds has been closing in on Lost in its second season.Mandy Patinkin has a good following and has been nominated for several emmys

Good comparison!

Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:51 pm
Motherfuckin' sexual

God damn what happened to Kidnapped? I actually like that show.

FUCK

Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Whew, I'm so glad Jericho didn't fall. I really like the show a lot and was hoping it wouldn't be facing a possible cancellation. CW at the bottom again. Is that good or bad for OTH?

Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:12 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Hell yeah that's good for OTH. Pretty sure that's higher than any episode last season, if it isn't it's very close. Evidentley having a lead-in is better for it than being an anchor. If it keeps up there'll be a Season 5 for sure with the way CW has started, woot.

Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:18 pm
Forum General

What were the ratings like for the first two seasons?

Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:34 pm
Devil's Advocate

Season 1 - Started DOA, 2 mil viewers or less I think. Then they scrambled and struck fire by making Bush a lead and dropping the basketball in favour of character development, and it picked up enough foothold to survive for a 2nd season, probably around the 2.5-3 mil mark.

Season 2 - Had the Gilmore Girls boost, was the highest point of the series. Pretty sure it was at 4.0-4.5+ to kick it off, it was considered one of the bigger surprises of the new season, eventually it settled in the high 3s. Again I wasn't following tv ratings that much back then, but I know this from general fan knowledge.

Season 3 - This one I know as I was joined on here, it was at 2.5-3 for most of the season, with the more hyped premeire and the "big" episode around the 3.5 mark.

This is more or less the same numbers as last year's premiere I believe, but this is more impressive to me because it is coming off a lackluster 2.5 mil season, while that one was coming off high 3s. So this is a big jump, the fact that the CW isn't so hot right now, makes it even better IMO.

Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:50 pm
Angels & Demons

Lost's season 2 ratings drop can be directly attributed to American Idol. Until AI's return, virtually every episode of Lost had more than 20 million viewers, better than season 1's average. Had ABC not moved it opposite AI, the season as a whole would likely have averaged ahead of the previous one.

Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:46 pm
Profile WWW
Begging Naked

Positive Jon wrote:

Terrible comparision.

A)Criminal Minds was trailing quite a bit behind Lost in its first Season. Its second season has been closing in the gap(a margin of 2 million viewers and sometimes even less) quite a bit and even its reruns have beaten Lost reruns in the summer
B)Lost has lost quite alot of steam on its second season when its first season was hailed as one of the best.Again Criminal Minds has been closing in on Lost in its second season.Mandy Patinkin has a good following and has been nominated for several emmys

Good comparison!

A) The second season has been only two episodes long, both of which haven't competed with Lost. Whn Lost was in repeats, CM freqently went up to the peaks it's been at, around 16M. When Lost was on, it went back down to 13-15M.

B) It lost a lot of steam, yes, but a lot of that had to do AI. Before AI returned, all but one episode was above 20M viewers, and that aired the day before Thanksgiving, a day known for crappy ratings. After it returned, Fox's added Wednesday momentum brought it down to 19M, and AI directly competing with it brought it down to the lows of 15-16M.

Yes, the second season was bashed, but the producers have spent the entire summer saying in every way possible that this season will be different. The show is still watercooler material, CM is not, it's a show that can be caught in repaets with no worries. CM has NOT been closing in on Lost this season, because LOST HAS NOT BEEN ON. And where was this magical Patinkin following last season to bring CM past Lost?

Again, crappy comparision.

Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:20 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]