Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 08, 2024 7:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 3445 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 138  Next
 superman returns predictons 
Devil's Advocate

It's pretty funny that John Tucker has more friends than Superman Returns by the way, despite being wayyy smaller, having no advertising so far, and coming out a month later.

Ok, ok, the trailer was hosted from there, that's the reason for the boost ;). Superman's number is still crappy though, any way you look at it.

Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:06 pm
Superfreak

you guy sknow supermans myspace is 2 days old, right? people sent in 10,000 pics in its first day., i dunno how old pirate sis but id asusme more then a day.

Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:09 pm
Superfreak

You did know that in Abrams script he wanted Jimmy Olsen to be gay in the story, excel

yeah but youd only know it from 2 lines. "jimmys got a stronger handshake then that hes practically got a boyfriend!" and then "th sports guys are the guys whode like ya know call you to do lunch n you know then ditch you you know".

Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:10 pm
Superfreak

looks like w.b. is letting soliders in us n iraq see this on the 24th.

Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:11 pm
Extraordinary

you guy sknow supermans myspace is 2 days old, right? people sent in 10,000 pics in its first day., i dunno how old pirate sis but id asusme more then a day.
June 11th for Superman

Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:18 pm
Superfreak

i assume the time magazine cover is coming up next week.

Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:29 pm
Too Brilliant for Introductions

He either looks badass or... constipated on that picture.

Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:36 pm
Profile WWW
Wall-E

He either looks badass or... constipated on that picture.

In my opinion CONSTIPATED!!!! :biggrin:

Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:44 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

i dont know .. routh lacks the authority of superman but other than that, i think hes perfect.

Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:45 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

it was almostall new footage narrated by SHAQ. he says "faster then a speeding bullet" we see superman racing over th ocean towards metropolis. shaq says "more powerful then a locomotive" and we see superman grabbing sa car that was peeding away, catching the globe, and bullets bouncing off him. shaq says "able to leap small buildings in a single bound" and we see several superman flying shots. then shaq flex's his bicep with his "man of steel tatoo" and we cut to superman returns wednesday june 28th!

it was anawesome ad, easily my fav.

Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:10 pm
The Greatest Avenger EVER

1 Word for this: GAY.. And David Poland's Review is FINALLY a real review unlike all this fanboy ejaculating in these so called 14 reviews that don't even review the damn movie.. Someone Put me back on RT again.. I'd have a field day with this..

Last edited by STEVE ROGERS on Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:21 pm
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

I thought they had some embargo about preventing bad reviews to leak out until a few days before its release(kind of like WOTW). I guess if David Poland gets fired or his site closes down, we would know the reason why

Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:27 pm
Superfreak

lol. they wont fire him... i thknk hes their only critic

Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:29 pm
Superfreak

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... D66D5F6CE3

LIKE I SAID.

AWESOME.

Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:57 pm
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Post Any Fox films are going to have inflated "FRIENDS"
Shack wrote:
It's pretty funny that John Tucker has more friends than Superman Returns by the way, despite being wayyy smaller, having no advertising so far, and coming out a month later.

Ok, ok, the trailer was hosted from there, that's the reason for the boost ;). Superman's number is still crappy though, any way you look at it.

======================================================================

Fox is EXHAUSTIVELY promoting almost all their films through Myspace (as they own it) and have had the
JOHN TUCKER page up for months as part of a "get your song in the film" contest. They also run banner
ads that randomly pop up on all pages, which competitive studios rarely get a chance to (AMERICAN HAUNTING did)

X3 has a feature where you can have "16" friends on your main page if you join "X-space" hence the ENORMOUS
amount.

PIRATES 2, has 70,000+ but has also been online since April.

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:07 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

supermans is 4 days old. 10 thou in day one is a lot i think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R-LB6uMeYU

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:09 pm
Extraordinary

excel wrote:

1 Word for this: GAY.. And David Poland's Review is FINALLY a real review unlike all this fanboy ejaculating in these so called 14 reviews that don't even review the damn movie.. Someone Put me back on RT again.. I'd have a field day with this..

You are so predictable.
:biggrin:

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:16 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

its real cause its negative....lol

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:22 pm
Superfreak

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 8A2AE20C36

well it would be very hard to do a modern superman and not have it look like a rip off spiderman. superman original action was saving stuf.f theinfamous saving the train scenes, stuff like that. he wsnt the fighter until the 60's really.

wel lsee. i have a feeling this isnt exactly what i want either-in term sof tone, abrams nailed it-but i think this will still be a fantastic movie ill love. my dream movie? no. the mix of the classic feel but with a new look at the same time i think is great. but id be lying if i said i wasnt kind of loking forward to what people wre descriing as an emo superman, who actually gets pissed in the movie. if it is a carbon copy of reeves thats still great cause he IS superman. but again weve seen it before. but then agin im a fan. the average public hasnt superman the movie in god knows how long.

Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:13 am

lol..."finally a eal review"

its real cause its negative....lol

No, it's REAL cause he actually give the Pro's and Con's, even though there's very little to nothing Pro about it.. He at LEAST reviewed it and not spewed Superman Fanboy Jissm all over wihtout twelling us anything.. You fall into that catagory..

Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:21 am
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

I really have my suspecting feelings that whoever is in charge of RT is really shilling Superman, in the past I have never seen sneak previews from non critics being counted towards the RT meter, if you dont believe me. Look at the link there and you notice that 6 of the reviews are missing the reviewers name and there was no past history on them. Also missing was David Polands rant review

Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:30 am
why so serious?

But, I am scared about this film. Not in terms of BO, but in quality of movie, because that matters more to me. Everyone is praising this but...I don't know, its not what I want. I want a new look of Superman....not really bringing back the old and mixing with the new. And I don't think this film will provide one for me anymore.

I think doing a re-start might also have been a good idea. Keep the mythology, but re-present it in a new, more visually impressive way, and then go with a plot that shows the beginning of Clark Kent's time as Superman in Metropolis, keep a good flow with the Clark-Lois thing, show Lois swooning over Superman (not knowing who he really is), and also have something of a focus on Lex Luthor.

It would be interesting to see, and it would probably do better than SR will because it would be much easier for audiences who haven't seen the first two films of the original series (or don't remember them that well) to understand. Still, I think that SR should be very good. I'll be seeing it in IMAX on its opening Saturday (got my tickets yesterday), which I'm pretty excited about.

Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:34 am
Superfreak

their not. they are counted on the unnofficial tomatometer which each and every review they can find. they official tomatometer ha snoreviews on it yet.

Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:34 am
Superfreak

Magnus wrote:
But, I am scared about this film. Not in terms of BO, but in quality of movie, because that matters more to me. Everyone is praising this but...I don't know, its not what I want. I want a new look of Superman....not really bringing back the old and mixing with the new. And I don't think this film will provide one for me anymore.

I think doing a re-start might also have been a good idea. Keep the mythology, but re-present it in a new, more visually impressive way, and then go with a plot that shows the beginning of Clark Kent's time as Superman in Metropolis, keep a good flow with the Clark-Lois thing, show Lois swooning over Superman (not knowing who he really is), and also have something of a focus on Lex Luthor.

It would be interesting to see, and it would probably do better than SR will because it would be much easier for audiences who haven't seen the first two films of the original series (or don't remember them that well) to understand. Still, I think that SR should be very good. I'll be seeing it in IMAX on its opening Saturday (got my tickets yesterday), which I'm pretty excited about.

the way its been done is similar to burtns first batman, in that superman is there since the begining and flashbacks let us know what happened in the past.

and for anybody who wants to know, heres the tv schedule

June 19: HBO First Look
June 20: Brandon on Today Show
June 20: Brandon on Letterman
June 22: Kevin on Leno
June 23: Bravo "Scanning the Movies: Superman Returns"
June 23: MTV "Superman Returns Movie Special"
June 24/25: Ebert and Roeper review Superman Returns
June 25: Kevin on Entertainers with Byron Allen
June 25: TVGuideChannel "Superman Returns: Inside the Journey"
June 25: Starz The Hollywood Reporter "Comic Books On Film"
June 25: Discovery Channel "Science of Superman"
June 26: Biography Channel Christopher Reeve (possibly SR content?)
June 26: Kate on Leno
June 26: Kevin on Letterman
June 27: Brandon on Regis and Kelly
June 28: Kate on Regis and Kelly
June 28: Kevin on Conan
June 29: National Geographic Channel "Science of Superman"
June 29: Kevin on Daily Show with Jon Stewart
June 30: Kate on Conan

Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:36 am

I really have my suspecting feelings that whoever is in charge of RT is really shilling Superman, in the past I have never seen sneak previews from non critics being counted towards the RT meter, if you dont believe me. Look at the link there and you notice that 6 of the reviews are missing the reviewers name and there was no past history on them. Also missing was David Polands rant review

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/show ... ge=2&pp=30

Here's another Bad Review that has surfaced, but again could all be a PLANT to, but not very promising.. Scroll toward the bottom..

Yikes! Yet another bad review (UGO).

Now all the "raves" are beginning to sound contrived - if not downright phoney. It's sorta like being invited out for dinner and not wanting to spoil a fun evening. WB must be spending a fortune on "favours" right now.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can't say when. Can't say where. Can't say how it was presented. But I've seen Superman Returns. And I'm sorry to report that it's an unmitigated creative disaster.

The action is virtually nonexistent, save for one set piece in the middle of the film revolving around a crashing airplane and another sequence at the end where Metropolis falls victim to an earthquake (the effects were still raw in this sequence - just think of it as a better version of the frozen lake in Superman III).

Brandon Routh is listless. Kate Bosworth is shot to look unattractive (why is she wearing a wig?), a huge accomplishment considering how beautiful she is in person. Kevin Spacey plays Lex as a direct continuation of Gene Hackman's super silly portrayal (this time with a collection of wigs he never leaves home without). He's really a mean guy - he locks Lois in a closet. And in an embarrassing sequence, Lois enters a boat only to be terrified at discovering the identity of its owner by seeing a row of neatly lined wigs in a room (think Chekov and Botany Bay in Star Trek II, but a truly stupid version of it). At this point, I was in shock at what I was seeing on the screen. This is the Superman movie we have waited for since 1987? Actually, make that 1981.

Gone is everything that John Byrne's Man of Steel re-launch in 1986 created, which has permeated through the mainstream via Paul Dini's animated series and the WB's Smallville. There's no Luthorcorp. No Mercy. Just wigs - lots of them, and a lame, out of touch and an extremely out of date love story. And once again, a grand devious plot for Luthor to implement a scenario in which he has the most coveted real estate on the planet. At least in Superman: The Movie the plan made some kind of sense. Here, it is something out of a bad episode of He-Man. There are extended scenes involving Lois' son playing piano with great expertise and a rather long and pointless Chinese food family dinner sequence. Are you depressed and horrified yet?

Those craving a kick-*** summer superhero extravaganza must wait until next May when Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3 opens. In this movie, Superman doesn't have any formidable villains. No Kryptonians like Zod or Darkseid or Braniac. No Doomsday to pose a potentially lethal threat. No Bizarro. No Metallo. Just Lex, a couple of his thugs (right out an episode of Rockford Files) and Parker Posey doing her best (worst) to fill Ms. Teschmacher's shoes (this character will be truly offensive to Superman fans everywhere, especially when she starts playing make-believe wedding with dolls on Lex's train track).

Lex and his thugs bumble through the story with a ######## plan to use the crystal that Clark threw into the snow, which created the Fortress of Solitude (in the first movie), to create a new Krypton on earth. In the process, they plan to destroy all the other continents so that Lex and his band of thugs can become the primo landlords on the planet. I have seen better villain plots on Sesame Street. This plot sounds lame by evenbad '50s movie standard - the execution on film is even lamer (in all fairness, the effects for this sequence were not completed - there was a lot of animatics). As Lex says to Lois, people will be forced to max their credit cards out to pay him rent.

I just have one question for Bryan Singer and his lame writers: If you've killed billions of people in a globally cataclysmic event, what sort of social economic system would still be in place where you can use people's credit cards? Come on, Bryan, this is the best you could come up with?

None of this seems to have been on the minds of director Bryan Singer and his lame writing partners, Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris. They're more concerned about what's happened in Lois Lane's life since Superman disappeared several years ago and how Clark and his alter ego now fit into the picture. And boy, does it feel like a daytime soap - a bad one. Lois Lane's love interest, Richard White (played by James Marsden) has almost as big and heroic a role as Routh's Superman/Clark (he's the one who saves Lois at the end). Not that it matters - Jimmy Olsen seems to be the one who has big eyes for Clark and is hoping to land him on the rebound.

And the big twist at the end - Lois' son is actually the one she conceived with Superman (we assume in Superman II). Thus, the Man of Steel whispers to his boy at the end of the film, "You will be different. You will sometimes feel like an outcast. But you will not be alone. You will never be alone."

Warner Brothers was wise to pull their Super Bowl spot. They will yet be wiser to disrupt all AOL instant messaging during the film's opening Weekend as the stink of this turkey will travel faster than a speeding bullet. Because they've got nothing. This is Wild Wild West all over again. This is Superman by way of 1998's Godzilla and 2004's Van Helsing. Don't be fooled by the teaser trailer and the Comic Con footage with John Williams' music and Marlon Brando's voiceover. Brandon Routh's acting is nonexistent. Kevin Spacey's Luthor is hokey and plain painful to watch, considering the evolution of the Luthor character since Superman II in both comics and on TV. The studio has an expensive turkey on their hands, and they will milk it for all it's worth with a last-minute marketing blitz to get the best opening bang possible from an unsuspecting public. When Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest opens the next week, this film is doomed. We're talking a Hulk-like drop of 70-75 percent.

Warner Brothers should be ashamed of themselves for thinking that just because Singer did a great job on adapting the X-Men comic books to the silver screen (I guess Tom DeSanto, LS Donnor and Ralph Winter were chopped liver), he would do the same justice to Siegel and Shuster's creation. It's like comparing apples and oranges. Superman is not the same as X-Men. It's this ignorant attitude that used to give movies based on a comic books a bad rep. Singer seems to be blinded by a feverish love for Superman: The Movie and its 1981 sequel - so much that he completely ignores the fact that this character was created 45 years before those films and has evolved to great lengths since Superman II. Superman Returns will play to only two audiences: senior citizens and five-year-olds. Somebody please send Bryan a trade paperback of John Byrne's Man of Steel, Jeph Loeb's Superman For All Seasons, Mark Waid's Birthright, DVDs of Smallville and the animated series. When this movie fails, everyone is going to blame the character. It's not the character. It's the filmmaker's vision that utterly fails this incredible, universal, iconic story.

:death:

Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:30 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3445 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 138  Next