Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
New Server, Same X

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
Mau wrote:
EVA MARIE IS BAAAAAACK FUCKING YAAAAAAS KWEEN

I knew while watching it how excited you would be

I mean... I kind of get why some are pissed, considering we just lost The IIconics and Mickie James... but I'm cautiously optimistic that the Eva-lution will have a positive impact

Tue May 04, 2021 8:52 am
Top Poster

Boood and guts should’ve been a PPV main event since the commercial breaks really hurt the flow of the match, but it was an awesome showcase to draw in WWE fans with a much superior product. Next week is yet another stacked card.

Wed May 05, 2021 10:29 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Zelina has resigned apparently

Fri May 14, 2021 2:26 pm
100% That Bitch

Yassss Alexa finally interacting with women.

Hoping she goes after Charlotte but my head says she takes Asuka out. And has her first feud since forever

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat May 15, 2021 2:02 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

If all the rumors are true: I read the other day that Bray Wyatt has been experiencing mental health issues since the passing of Brodie Lee, and that's the reason behind the bizarre treatment of him and The Fiend character in recent months (Mania, in particular). Allegedly, he had to be convinced to come back for Mania by Vince.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat May 15, 2021 8:16 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Interesting regarding Wyatt. I wonder if he feels some survivors guilt over it. Obviously the same thing would have happened if Brodie had stayed in WWE, but to someone dealing with trauma that might not matter.

Also, who has two thumbs and doesn't give a hoot about Wrestlemania Backlash tonight? I mean, I'm happy for Cesaro and might as well watch it since I have Peacock anyways, but damn this show is uninteresting.

Sun May 16, 2021 3:47 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Looking at the winners, it was definitely one of the most predictable PPVs ever. Except maybe predicting Charlotte would win, but even that was unlikely (for a bit longer, anyway).

And apparently there was some sort of zombie army attack? Trying to look that up now.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun May 16, 2021 11:08 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster

Backlasht was pretty decent. I turned it on right at the zombie match and was like wtf but it was interesting.

Bianca continues her great series of WWE ppv performances since Survivor Series,

Wwe raw championship match was much better than the boring Wrestlemania opener, though glad the former Trump/Lana’s guy retained,

Reigns had another solid main event without interference.

Mon May 17, 2021 2:15 am
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Can we skip WrestleMania Backlash and be in awe of Toni Storm's new finisher.

I mean that's DEATH MURDER KILL level move

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed May 19, 2021 4:10 pm
Devil's Advocate

Backlash was great outside of the zombies, both women's matches delivered, the Braun Lashley McIntyre match delivered exactly as promised for 3 big guys going at it, and Reigns Cesaro was another good one too that made me think Cesaro had a chance by the end.

Sun May 23, 2021 12:28 am
New Server, Same X

Wrestlemania Backlash was better than it had any right to. Except the ridiculous zombie match. You could be fooled into thinking Damian Priest has been given a good push since moving to RAW, except when you realize he's been feuding with Miz and Morrison for four months.

Sun May 23, 2021 10:45 am
Devil's Advocate

It will be a shame if Reigns doesn't have a HIAC match this year to pad his record (feels like Cesaro-Rollins instead?), if Reigns keeps winning Hell in a Cell matches I think eventually you could put it in the storyline that he's overpowered in there like a mini version of the Undertaker at Wrestlemania, and with his new final boss music Cesaro challenging him in the match he's the king of would be perfect.

Fri May 28, 2021 10:02 pm
The Kramer

AEW is back in business after an underwhelming Revolution card (it had good matches, just not as many, and the ending was a bust.) Hot card from start to finish and having the fans in full capacity made it feel even more special. Mox's entrance was especially epic and the match that followed lived up to the hype.

Mon May 31, 2021 10:56 am
New Server, Same X

This was my first AEW PPV and it was excellent. For all its flaws, and it has them, it's so much more exciting than anything WWE does.

Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:57 pm
Devil's Advocate

Another broken up tag team? (Elias/Ryker)

Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:51 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

So...

Braun Strowman
Aleister Black
Ruby Riot
Lana
Buddy Murphy
Santana Garrett

...all released this morning.

Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:56 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Wtf? Braun going to AEW would be a game changer like them getting Big Show back in the day, WWE banks on being the physically biggest company.

Black wanted out but they could've done this 3 months ago instead of after just starting a storyline with Big E...

Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:04 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

It really feels like WWE does this on purpose more recently. Braun and Black seem like two people that the higher ups (or maybe just Vince) just didn't get along with backstage given how they've handled them in recent years. So they lumped them into a group release with a few people that isn't so surprising to make it look less obvious.

And Black's release goes to show that WWE's writing/booking is definitely done on pretty short notice lately, and little communication is being had between management and the writers I'd wager. I get this feeling they've grown too big to really work together on much anymore, especially regarding longer-term (as in a mere month+) booking.

Honestly, all the talent just released would do well in AEW I feel. All are fairly young talented people.

Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:51 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Absurd. Record profits, fans returning but they must fire half the roster anyways!

Good thing AEW came around when they did. They have lots of flaws, but at least you can watch it and not feel bad.

Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:08 pm
Devil's Advocate

It sounds like Braun was on a huge contract and understandably they're not as high on him as 2-3 years ago, but still, his salary is like 1/200th of what they make from Peacock a year...

Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:06 pm
New Server, Same X

This is the craziest round of cuts I've seen so far.

At what point does AEW stop taking all the WWE leftovers though? Their most noteworthy stars currently (Kenny Omega, Britt Baker, Eddie Kingston, The Young Bucks) either never set foot in a WWE ring or at least didn't get very far.

Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:30 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Many current and past talent have come out in support of everyone released today, which is nice. Ruby Riot, in particular, is getting a lot of love. Appears she played a very supportive, locker room leadership role for a lot of the women. I know it's happened in the past, but this round seems more prominent from my perspective.

In other news, the ratings for RAW continue to set new record lows almost every week. The third hour from this week's show only managed 1.1 million viewers. Again, WWE has long since moved past the point of TV ratings being a crucial aspect to their success, but the steady decline should at the very least show that some audiences are actually leaving them, and not just missing a show every other week or changing the channel for something else.

Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:53 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Amazingly Brock hasn't been seen for over a year and is probably still messing up Raw. Raw needs to do something completely different than these hoss fights like putting the title on AJ or something or moving Owens there, but they can't just bail on the Lashley title reign before they get a chance do Lesnar-Lashley superhuman match, that's half the point of building Lashley. But when is Brock back? I'd have Brock vs Lashley at Money in the Bank instead of summerslam, Lashley wins and then gets cashed in on by someone to start a new era of Raw.

Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:32 pm
The Kramer

Mister Ecks wrote:
This is the craziest round of cuts I've seen so far.

At what point does AEW stop taking all the WWE leftovers though? Their most noteworthy stars currently (Kenny Omega, Britt Baker, Eddie Kingston, The Young Bucks) either never set foot in a WWE ring or at least didn't get very far.
Orange Cassidy and Hangman too! But yeah they can’t just take all the wwe castoffs or risk being seen as wwe-lite. They can also let somebody else pay these guys and still use them for the Kenny Omega multiverse story.

Aleister Black
Ruby Riott
Peyton Royce
Billie Kay
Mickie James

Are the only ones they should sign. Keep it fresh with indie names that wwe fans wouldn’t have heard.

Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:30 pm
The Kramer

Shack wrote:
Amazingly Brock hasn't been seen for over a year and is probably still messing up Raw. Raw needs to do something completely different than these hoss fights like putting the title on AJ or something or moving Owens there, but they can't just bail on the Lashley title reign before they get a chance do Lesnar-Lashley superhuman match, that's half the point of building Lashley. But when is Brock back? I'd have Brock vs Lashley at Money in the Bank instead of summerslam, Lashley wins and then gets cashed in on by someone to start a new era of Raw.
Summerslam is gonna have the double main event of Brock v Lashley and Roman v Cena. If they aren’t fired by then!!!

Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203 ... 235  Next