Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
The Kramer

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
I wish The Dre had some bigger stakes, like the winner getting a title shot on Raw the next night or something. Otherwise I’m not sure what else you do with those guys without bloating the card. Nak or Jey Uso winning a title opportunity would be worthwhile though.

If we added Charlotte v Lacey Evans would it really help?

Becky v Asuka for the title she never lost would be big for sure though. And if the rumored AJ v HHH match came about that would round out the card nicely.

Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:40 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I wouldn't be surprised if Becky is ready to return, but they're holding off until there is a large enough audience for her to make her return before. No doubt it'll be among the biggest pops ever.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:58 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

The matches that would normally be on the kickoff like the Andre the Giant Battle Royal and the SD tag title are on Friday this year. It is possible a different SD tag match comes out of the Friday one though as it's weird they would use two nights on the women's tag and zero on the smackdown tag.

Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:31 pm
The Kramer

Can we start a petition to keep Walter in the US? Dude always delivers and would be awesome on any one of the 3 main shows.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:27 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Indeed... in that he always delivers, and is one of the top talents in all of professional wrestling. He has rightfully held the NXT UK Title for almost 2 years (734 days) now. According to Wiki, it's the longest title reign in WWE since 1988. I don't know what title or by whom though (Demolition maybe?).

I wouldn't be against him being in NXT (US), but really don't know about Raw or Smackdown. The chances are one in a million that they'd actually book him properly on them. Seeing him get stuck in mid-card hell forever in nonconsequential matches for the US or IC titles, which has become the standard booking practice for basically all of NXT's top talent, would be very unfortunate.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:53 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Fans or no fans, a Karrion Kross title win gets the same reaction. What do they see in this guy? I don’t get it.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:44 pm
The Kramer

A good show otherwise though! :thumbsup:

Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:38 pm
New Server, Same X

I'm conflicted about Mania this year. I'm happy to see very little part-timer participation (don't even know if Shane qualifies as a part-timer), but... it does feel a bit like a regular PPV, just spread over two nights.

Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:55 pm
Devil's Advocate

Agree that Walter should either be on main roster or have the regular NXT built around him either as their main champion or have him defend his UK belt streak every PPV.

Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:32 pm
The Kramer

Lashley v Mac is going on first tomorrow. Very smart move. The hot crowd will be so grateful they won’t try to ruin the match with any shenanigans.

Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:33 pm
The Kramer

A thunderstorm is rolling into the Thunderdome! Uh oh! Hopefully it stops raining before 8!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:29 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'm going to have to go back and watch the first 45 minutes or so of tonight. I don't know if it was just me, but I was having a lot of technical issues.

I didn't see the Lashley/Drew match, but did see people say Lashley won by submission. That's interesting. Definitely looking forward to going back to watch it tomorrow.

Rollins' return has been... weird.

Not surprised AJ/Omos beat the New Day.

Braun bringing Shane back inside the cage THROUGH the cage was pretty cool. You'd think they'd run out of ideas by this point for cage matches, but not yet! And Shane took a hell of a bump again. They could have planned it where he went through the ring for some pads, but nope! He probably felt that one more than his usual leaps through tables and such. The match somehow overachieved. Go Braun.

Also, Bayley's great.

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:34 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

And the giant tarp they have above the ring looks ready to burst from the rain that's settled in it.

Also missed the women's tag team turmoil match, but did just see where Mandy fell while walking down the ramp due to the rain... Graves apparently saved the moment by saying it was probably because she's wearing sunglasses at night. :funny:

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:39 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Bad Bunny!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:07 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Bad Bunny!

For real. Morrison sold for him very well, but very impressive nonetheless.

Bad Bunny, candidate for best celebrity cameo performance?

Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:18 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster

Surprisingly great night one. The only boring match was the opener, otherwise many great moments throughout the night including Omos' starmaking debut, Shane spot, Bad Bunny cool moves, and the spectacular main event.

Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:41 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I was gonna call it my match of the night, amongst excellent ones from Drew/Lashley, Seth/Cesaro and New Day/AJ and Omos.

Then Sasha and Bianca tore the house down. Instant classic!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:43 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Yep. Best women's match at Mania ever pretty easily, and great main event.

Sahsa is 0-6 at Mania now though. :|

Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:50 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Sasha is the reverse Taker. :funny:

Fucking delivers when she gets a big spot though. I think she’s been in all three of the best women’s matches in WWE history: with Bayley at Takeover Brooklyn, with Becky and Charlotte at Mania 32 and now with Bianca.

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:02 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Let's see what Rhea and Asuka can do tonight. Chances are they didn't have long to work togeher prior to the match though, so it could underwhelm.

Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Biggest loser of WrestleMania 37? Titus O'Neil.

Early winner of Night 2, even though he'll probably lose here very soon, Randy Orton sporting the white trunks tonight.

Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:14 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Well... my last post sure didn't age well! (Besides Orton in the white trunks still winning Night 2).

Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:39 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Not a fan of Night 2.

The Fiend/Orton was meh. Alexa was cool and Orton should always wear white trunks, but my how the character of The Fiend has fallen.
The Women's tag title match was decent, but seemed like the perfect opportunity for a title change.
Riddle/Sheamus was solid.
Nigeran Drum Match... but no drums being played?
Asuka/Rhea was fair, as I really doubt they had much time to prepare together given how quick it was booked. Weird ending to the match.

Oddly, Owens/Sami has been my favorite match tonight. And Logan Paul getting booed and stunned was nice.

Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:46 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Yeah night two wasn’t as hot, though it did still have alot of good stuff. Triple threat was a great match. US title and Owens/Zayn were both solid. Rhea and Asuka needed more time, but did well with what they had. Meh on the women’s tag and the Everything But Nigerian Drums match. Rain Delay > Fiends/Orton. A B-

Night one was an A. Sasha and Bianca was amazing. Bad Bunny put on a legit great match. Really enjoyed Cesaro/Rollins. Omos looked like a killer. Drew looked like a doofus at the end of his match, but he and Lashley still delivered a worth bout. Shane/Braun could have been worse and Women's eliminator was whatever.

Overall a B+ for the two nights combined. I hope they stick with the two night format going forward. I very much prefer it to the five+ hour Manias, even when they are really good like the one I went to two years ago!

Last edited by Flava'd vs The World on Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:59 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I actually like the two night schedule, too. I don't mind the 5-hour Manias, but splitting it into two nights gives more opportunity for the talent to shine.

The Fiend/Bray Wyatt was definitely the biggest loser this year. I can't think of a character that was so over, arguably the most over character in a decade, just get so butchered and basically buried at this point. Has he won any fueds (Strowman, I think?)? I don't even know his last win.

And even before The Fiend, WWE has handled Wyatt excruciatingly bad. Losing basically all major feuds that I can recall, finally getting the WWE title only to lose 1/2 months later in yet another cap match at Mania 33 to Orton.

Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:54 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201 ... 235  Next