Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
New Server, Same X

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
I have a lot of Wrestlemania thoughts, but here's another one: I love Bray Wyatt, I love Alexa Bliss, I love The Fiend... that said, I feel like something veered dangerously far off the rails with this storyline. It makes The Fiend of a year ago seem legit and real. I don't know if I'm completely into this idea that he was resurrected and is basically a zombie. What else can he be? I believe in all involved, but this one has been hot and cold for me.

I love Bliss and think she has done a lot for this storyline, but they also seemed to not use her for a stretch of time when she should have kept the story going while Bray was gone. And I hope we're done with Randy coughing up the mysterious black liquid. Once was effective, but they did it about four times too many.

That said, I hope what comes next is good. If this is the incarnation of The Fiend that will continue for a bit, I'm not sure how far that'll go or how they put him into a new feud.

Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:44 pm
Devil's Advocate

Justice for Sheamus if he's not in the Wrestlemania title match. McIntyre vs Lashley vs Sheamus beating the shit out of each other is more fun than a McIntyre vs Lashley Backlash rematch. Unless the Reigns match will be the triple threat? Because why is Rollins and Cesaro the Wrestlemania match instead of Rollins-Cesaro being the warm up match at Fast Lane (still not a bad upgrade for Cesaro) before Rollins takes on his buddy Bryan at Wrestlemania in a potential 5 star? I feel like there must have been some plans shifted at the last moment with peacock because between this being all they have for Rollins and the Raw title match being wasted at Backlash there's no way this is what they had in mind as of last summer. Maybe they were going to do Rollins vs Edge as Rollins has been compared to him sometimes, they haven't really gotten the last three week build yet but I wouldn't call Reigns and Edge magic together promo wise.

Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:26 pm

There are quite a few thoughts in my head about WrestleMania. I really love watching characters like Bray Wyatt or Alexa Bliss. Ever since returning to WWE in 2019 as "The Fiend," Bray Wyatt, the former leader of The Wyatt Family, has brought the weird back to WWE. The Joker has been an obvious inspiration behind the gimmick, particularly once Alexa Bliss teamed up with Wyatt and became his Harley Quinn. For what may be the first time, The Fiend has now made a direct reference to the Clown Prince of Crime. And it can be very interesting.

Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:57 pm
New Server, Same X

It's good to know WWE can screw up a Wrestlemania main-event for the men too. Put me in the camp firmly against adding Daniel Bryan to the Universal Title match. What I felt was a good money match between Edge and Roman Reigns now adds a third party and makes things complicated. Why have they more or less turned Edge heel now? I'm assuming this is the easiest way to keep the title on Reigns and preserve Edge too. I'm guessing this will lead to an Edge/Bryan feud after Mania.

It's crazy to say that Bryan could be a detriment to a match, especially a Wrestlemania title match, but... I was really into the idea of Edge's quest to regain the title. I was even into him losing clean to Roman at Mania. That story has been traded for the Yes Movement getting inserted into the match unnecessarily. And the worst of all, I don't even get the decision. Does Vince think those "YES!" chants are real? I think they've set it up now that Bryan gets a lukewarm reception, Edge may get the same for being sort of a heel and Roman could get cheered since this is the first time his heel character is in front of an audience.

Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:11 am
New Server, Same X

Shack wrote:
Justice for Sheamus.

As happy as I am for Lashley to finally win the title, I do feel bad for Sheamus. That whole best friends storyline seemed to be meant to set up a solid feud for him and Drew, and they've had good matches, but he lost pretty much every match.

Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:16 am
Top Poster

Daniel Bryan’s contract is up very soon, this could very well be his last Wrestlemania, so I don’t mind him being part of the main event, especially if the rumored original plans was for him to have faced Reigns one on one.

Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Omega vs Swann for AEW and TNA titles seems like the most interesting match of April outside of possibly the Reigns/Edge match.

Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:57 pm
New Server, Same X

Alex Y. wrote:
Daniel Bryan’s contract is up very soon, this could very well be his last Wrestlemania, so I don’t mind him being part of the main event, especially if the rumored original plans was for him to have faced Reigns one on one.

I feel like they could have given him a match with someone like Cesaro or Shinsuke and had them beat Bryan at Mania to give them some sort of rub. Instead he'll put over Reigns at Mania and possibly enter into a career-ending feud with Edge.

Obviously Daniel Bryan will never be a liability in a match, but still. Between adding him and turning Edge heel already, I'm not sure how well this will work. But I'm hopeful.

Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:20 pm
The Kramer

I like the story. Edge v Roman wasn’t really popping on a week to week basis, but Bryan v Edge has been must see tv. They are lining up for The Second Greatest Wrestling Match Ever in June I assume.

Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:33 pm
Devil's Advocate

If you told someone in like 2017 that the Wrestlemania main event in four years would be be Edge, Bryan and heel Reigns, their mind would be blown

Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:06 pm
Devil's Advocate

So they dumped the Hurt Business to make Corbin Lashley's muscle instead? :puke: I was otherwise liking the Harley Race offer storyline.

I guess the best explanation would be they're already affected by the real crowd. The Hurt Business might have gotten a face reaction vs McIntyre going for his 3rd title reign in a year. So they try to use Corbin to make Lashley the heel.

Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:10 am
The Kramer

Yeah putting Corbin with Lashley is a desperate way to put heel heat on the guy. Should have known Raw wouldn’t be able to keep a good story going for more than a few weeks. :funny: :disgust:

Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:44 pm
Devil's Advocate

I thought it was weird when Rusev went to AEW and was in this minor tag team girlfriend storyline instead of immediately getting the rocket push. And not only that but they're still doing it seven months later? What are they doing?

Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:56 pm
New Server, Same X

Chris Jericho on Broken Skull Sessions... :whaa:

Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:48 pm
New Server, Same X

Everyone reacting like AEW just showed up on WWE TV which is kind of killing what's an otherwise cool thing where Jericho is coming back, sort of, into the WWE fold to appear on Austin's show. But... this isn't breaking open any "forbidden door". Now if Kenny Omega was on Austin's show, then I'd say it's a huge deal. To me, this is a guy who was loyal to Vince for about 20 years coming back to talk to a guy Vince owes a ton to for making wrestling relevant again in the late 90s.

I also like the theory that Vince doesn't even know Jericho isn't employed by WWE anymore.

Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:48 pm
New Server, Same X

They also did a great job making Daniel Bryan seem like a huge threat last night, beating Jey Uso and taking out Edge and Reigns... which of course means he'll be the one to take the loss at Mania, likely to Reigns.

I love heel Edge, but I was still really hoping they would ride out this storyline of Edge coming back after all these years, older, wearier, but still able to get in the ring for a quality match, and try to regain what he never lost. Would have been a good boost to heel Reigns to beat him at Mania too. I guess now this preserves Edge a bit if he doesn't actually get pinned in the match. And it does set up the eventual Edge/Bryan feud after Mania.

Is Peacock really editing WWE content? I'm in Canada so I'm still digging the WWE Network.

Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:50 pm
Devil's Advocate

I don't know if Edge is a true heel right now. If Reigns or Edge win I can see Edge feuding him and continuing to be the babyface just with a little more of an ... edge. Cool to have a main event with 3 possible winners but I'm gonna say Bryan takes the pin and then is folded into the Rollins/Cesaro, which involves both the freshest feud Bryan has left for major players (Rollins) and his inevitable future tag team champion (Cesaro)

Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:31 pm
The Kramer

Since its the first show back in front of fans I think babyfaces end both nights going over. Daniel Bryan submits
Edge and Bianca Belair pins Sasha.

Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:58 am
Devil's Advocate

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Since its the first show back in front of fans I think babyfaces end both nights going over. Daniel Bryan submits
Edge and Bianca Belair pins Sasha.

Edge still gets a good pop if he wins though

Anyways, was that really the best they could do for the Raw before Wrestlemania? McIntyre vs Corbin, feel the excitement!

Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:43 pm
Top Poster

On paper, this seems like the weakest Wrestlemania card since Wrestlemania XI.

Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:25 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Really hoping that post-Mania and when audiences slowly start returning that WWE gets back to.... well, something better than it's been for awhile.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:18 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

The card is good, but the lack of Undertaker, Cena, Lesnar, HHH, etc... make it feel much smaller than normal.

Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:53 pm
Top Poster

Also no Charlotte, Becky , Bayley, Mysterio, Hardy, Nakamura, Ricochet, Ali, Otis, Lee, Goldberg

Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:27 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Notable names like Nakamura, Corbin, Ricochet, Ali, Otis, etc. are all in the Battle Royale this year. Yeah...

(And thank God no Goldberg. That makes the card bigger by default.)

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:30 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

The biggest problem is the lack of build for most of these matches. I, personally, don't mind who really wins any of them. Well, I guess I want Braun to beat Shane, but only because Shane is one of the most annoying guys out there and Braun losing would be kind of the nail in his career. And I favor Asuka winning, but a new champion might(?) shake up the division a bit.

Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:36 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200 ... 235  Next