Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 The Woke 
Devil's Advocate

Post The Woke
It's clear their presence is one of the biggest differences in society compared to 10 years ago and now that Democrats are in power they're likely to get a lot more of what they want. Woke as a term is even started to be used by high level people such as recent quotes by Mike Pompeo and Boris Johnson.

Psychologically and culturally, what is this? Where did it come from? Is this a good thing or a sign of doom?

Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:30 pm
The Kramer

Post Re: The Woke
So discouraging people from using language that makes others feel sub-human is going to destoy our society?

Where did it come from? Technology. For years black people have been talking about being abused by the police. And the good whites, while sympathetic, would always be like "surely it isn't that bad." But now we have the ability to record every moment in our every day lives. And when minorities say that their experiences are different from whites they have the proof to back it up. Actual evidence, not hypothetical conspiracies.

The resistance has been the most disgusting part. It shows the confederacy never went away and just infiltrated us like Hydra in The Winter Soldier.

Just stop saying the n-word, its not that difficult, yet now half of the country is convinced of their "right to superiority." Its the only reason to support the Republican party now that they've been complete failures in the areas they were supposed to be strong in (economics and defense.) They know this and thus continue to fan the flames of it.

This should be in the politics forum.

Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:39 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

As an overall topic I do not think it should be in political forum but Shack's reckless use of political references here makes it look like it.

I do not think it's bad, it's a good thing (coming from a place where people aren't as open minded). Psychologically I believe the term came from years of oppression, culturally it's definitely the black and other minority communities.

It's a good thing even great and not a sign of doom. It's just opening ways for human beings to evolve and look beyond skin color, racial upbringing etc...

Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:59 pm
Devil's Advocate

Jack Sparrow wrote:
It's a good thing even great and not a sign of doom. It's just opening ways for human beings to evolve and look beyond skin color, racial upbringing etc...

From my view the woke look at skin color more not less.

Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:32 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I suggest stop being obsessed by it and find something joyful to spend your time on instead. Not just you (Shack), but everyone. It's unhealthy. And it's largely a social media issue, thing, whatever you want to call it.

Few people in real life care about this and have their own lives to live versus having it consumed by mostly nonsensical discussions about others and their views and opinions.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:49 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

I meet very few people like this in real life, so I second Corpse.

Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:54 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

This whole thing is not even prevalent in Asian markets and I don't see anyone near me talking about this. I also come from India where multiple races live in peace and harmony (for most part) so at first this was a very alienating concept for me. **stops ranting** I agree that this is not something we should be obsessed with.

Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:19 pm
Devil's Advocate

Corpse wrote:
I suggest stop being obsessed by it and find something joyful to spend your time on instead. Not just you (Shack), but everyone. It's unhealthy. And it's largely a social media issue, thing, whatever you want to call it.

Few people in real life care about this and have their own lives to live versus having it consumed by mostly nonsensical discussions about others and their views and opinions.

They not an isolated group keeping to themselves, therefore it's hard to ignore them. They are highly aggressive putting pressure on non-woke people and institutions and therefore are having a large impact across the board in my opinion whether it's areas like education, policing, journalism, social media, covid, etc. At this rate everyone has been or will be affected by woke in some way.

I do not mean this to be a necessarily woke complaining thread, just a subject of interest as I consider it a psychologically unique situation.

Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:35 pm
100% That Bitch

Shack is white trash.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:54 pm
Cream of the Crop

"The so-called 'woke' and the so-called 'red pilled' (and similar variants) are obsessively entangled in a sort of sadomasochistic dance-off that is defined both by their quasi-religious beliefs in inevitably diametrically opposed and ironically delusional binary thought patterns and by either dance partner trying to force their own perceived - and highly fetishized - moral superiority on the respective opponent, incessantly desiring to erase the enemy they so ferociously loathe yet so desperately require for their passionate unison of superficiality, hostility and sheer stupidity.

It is the unnuanced, most simplistic core element of American politics, as filtered through the meat grinder of the sensationalistic, incendiary tripe headlines of tabloid journalism and the fleeting, disposable nature of typical social media """""communication""""". It is also the modern-day, globalized equivalent to the tribalistic village blood feuds of old and the "adult" successor to football hooliganism and Marvel vs DC, Nike vs Adidas or cats vs dogs fanboyism, aimed at people who, at some point, discovered and misinterpreted politics as being the latest secular trend topic to get cultishly invested in, while lusting after being part of a large winning team in the form of a voracious, slobbering pack of hounds."

-- von Weichlingen, Kasimir Hieronimi. "Undisputed truths that must never be challenged" (Zollstockerl, 1781, p. 15,192)

Ator: I love you.
Sunya: And I love you.
Ator: Why can't we marry?
Sunya: Ator, we are brother and sister.
Ator: I'll talk with our father.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:58 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Human beings for thousands of years flocked to religion like a moth to flame, for whatever reason whether it was the need to feel part of a group or have a higher meaning, the need to feel virtuous or forgiven, etc. In modern day religion is not as popular in North America as it used to be, and most who are come from religious families, rather than cases of the "born again"/saved person halfway through their life. However since our DNA is the same as those ancestors, these people who would have been a good fit for religion in another life need an outlet. So wokeism fills the void and fills the same parts of their hearts that religion would have, therefore in 20 years we went from Christian advocates being mad at Eminem for his lyrics to cancel culture censorship, and the mask Karen is the natural evolution of bible Karens. Furthermore since woke is new, many people are the equivalent of born again religion and therefore could feel like they were lost but now are found with this purpose. Over time there will be more generations of people who are woke because their parents were which would give them a different relationship to it.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:08 am
Keeping it Light

https://fb.watch/3bK8UqTE6g/

Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:51 am
Devil's Advocate

After 3 weeks of no Trump and with Gina's Carano's firing yesterday it's clear wokeism doesn't depend on him turning up the temperature. However I wonder how they will react if they begrudgingly accept conservatives are winning the Victim Olympics now, that's supposed to be THEIR thing

Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:01 pm
On autopilot for the summer

I don't think Carano has anything to do with being woke, that was more just a batshit crazy comment that wouldn't fly in any climate. That's like PR 101, never compare yourself as worse off than people from the Holocaust. Has Curb Your Enthusiasm taught us nothing? They did it not once, but twice with the Survivor episode and 9/11 episode.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:36 pm
Devil's Advocate

Thegun wrote:
I don't think Carano has anything to do with being woke, that was more just a batshit crazy comment that wouldn't fly in any climate. That's like PR 101, never compare yourself as worse off than people from the Holocaust. Has Curb Your Enthusiasm taught us nothing? They did it not once, but twice with the Survivor episode and 9/11 episode.

Whether Disney would've done it anyways, either way it was preceded by a #FireGinaCarano hashtag all day so the cancel culture mob was in full force

Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:12 pm
Devil's Advocate

Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:49 am
Keeping it Light

Good share, so true and therefore, sadly, hilarious.

Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:10 am
Devil's Advocate

I think the woke and the non-woke should come together and agree on something for once that womxn is stupid

Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]