Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
 Ted Lasso (Season 3) 
The Kramer

Post Ted Lasso (Season 3)
An American football coach gets hired to manage an English futbol club.

The first three episodes have so far matched the very high quality of the first season. The most recent one was especially emotional. Sam is definitely the breakout character of S2 thus far.

Apple really struck gold with this one didn't they? It's the poster boy their streaming service needed to seperate itself from the mob.

Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:32 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: Ted Lasso (Season 2)
I'm digging the second season so far. Season 1 was lovely.

Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:46 am
Profile YIM
The Kramer

Doing a Christmas episode in the middle of August was an odd choice. Not terrible, but I wouldn’t have expected this show to do a filler episode like this. A big time jump, but no real plot advancement outside of their new win-loss record.

Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:12 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I enjoyed the Christmas episode but it did feel out of place.

Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:10 pm
Profile YIM
Romosexual!

THIS SHOW IS SUCH A JOY! :D

when you're having a shit day watch an episode of Ted Lasso

Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:27 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

I fast forwarded through the ninth episode. Couldn't care less about any of the other coaches other than Roy and Ted, and I'm getting sick of these dramedy series always doing these bottle episodes that never move the plot forward in a particular way - it doesn't work more often than it does. In particular I despise Nathan this season, and Beard bores me.

Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:25 pm
Profile YIM
Devil's Advocate

I fell off this in early season 2

Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:08 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

The latest episode was actually fantastic. Loved it - it was probably the best episode of the series and I cried. Showcased the actors tremendously. Jason Sudeikis and Hannah Waddingham in particular, just wow.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:32 am
Profile YIM
The Kramer

Caught up on last 3. Episode 8 was fantastic, a nice bounceback from the mehish 7. I thought pairing Rebecca and Sam was gonna be a disaster, but they’re actually pretty adorable. 9 and 10 were a bit too arty/melodramatic for this show, but still quite good. Hoping for a very funny finale.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:54 pm
The Kramer

Uh, fuck Nate. Not sure why the show wanted us to hate him but they did a very good job of it lol.

Overall, I'd give this season like an 8. The Christmas episode and one other (ep 7 i think? where Nate is getting aroused by his twitter feed) were the low points of the show thus far. I also didn't love how they basically turned the show into a drama during the second half of the season with these 45+ minute episodes. Still, the writing and acting on the show were top of the line, and I'm very eager to see where season 3 goes now that they are back in the premiere league. It's one of the funniest shows on tv even if the episode lengths don't suggest it. :funny:

Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:13 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I liked this season. It's great in terms of writing and acting but the series lost they energy that made Season 1 great. It's still a very good season just not something that I would instantly recommend (like I did for season 1).

Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:17 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

I really don't like how they basically made this an hourlong series. Every single episode feels overlong and has made this season drag.

Also I despise Nate. I hope he doesn't come back.

Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:53 pm
Profile YIM
The Kramer

I do wonder if Nate, now part of the villain squad, will turn up every episode next year. With 45 minute episodes they could speed through his redemption angle in a few weeks. :funny:

I mean Ted instantly forgave Rebecca for Major Leaguing him. No way he stays mad at Nate. Beard might hold a grudge though.

Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:08 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Ted is not mad at Nate!

Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:14 pm
Romosexual!

Nate’s got some serious issues. WoW! Can’t wait for S3.

Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:41 pm
Devil's Advocate

Pretty good premiere. Nate will definitely be ending the season on AFC Richmond side.

Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:22 am
now we know

Post Re: Ted Lasso (Season 3)
I am somewhat intrigued by the ending to season two, but I don't know if I can stomach another season of bad acting. Jason Sudeikis is pretty much the only delight for me. The football is almost non-existent too.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:48 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Up to episode 5 - Seems like they were reaching for stuff for Rebecca and Keeley to do this season, giving someone a lesbian fling seems like a go-to for filler storylines in modern TV era. The Zava arc was pretty good though and the show is still funny, the reactions from people like Danny in the lockerroom always works.

Mon May 15, 2023 8:00 pm
Devil's Advocate

Yeah this season is becoming a chore to finish, they had a great story set up by the end of season 2 with Nate's turn to the Sith with Rupert Palpatine, but it's squashed immediately when Nate is immediately a babyface again having had to learn nothing to get there, and without heat with Nate, Ted doesn't have enough of a plot either. They even tried to make you like Rupert by the time Rebecca gives her big speech about the boy version sneaking into stadiums to watch football. Meanwhile Keeley's plot is basically the spinoff idea (Keeley starts a PR firm!) that they forced into this season, at least by making her lesbian lover a jackass it allowed more complexity than Nate's waitress, but it still feels like it shouldn't be this much of her show. The Richmond seasonal arc should've been Zava, but instead of keeping him in the story like making him come back and screw up their chemistry or join West Ham, he is just gone, and with his departure it just becomes a pretty generic they suck until Ted gets them to play well again.

Wed May 31, 2023 11:04 pm
The Kramer

Still have a few episodes left but I think this season has been a big improvement over 2, but still isn't as good as 1. Last year had the weird mid-season genre transition where the show stopped being a dramatic comedy and turned into a comedic drama. This season is confident in its own skin though, which coincidentally also seems to be a running theme (though not sure what they put in the tea to make so many characters suddenlygay.)

Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:48 am
The Kramer

That finale seemed half-hearted. No way there isn't a season 4. Ted would be getting crazy high offers from MLS teams though going back to American Football has the highest comedic upside.

Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:49 am
Devil's Advocate

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
That finale seemed half-hearted. No way there isn't a season 4. Ted would be getting crazy high offers from MLS teams though going back to American Football has the highest comedic upside.

On one of the magazines they said Zava signed with the MLS so in unlikely event the spin off is about Ted instead of Richmond they could work him in

Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:38 am
The Kramer

A Richmond spinoff where Sudeikis occasionally cameos would certainly be a lot cheaper to produce.

Though, on that note, that story felt like it had a weird ending too. Everything was setting up for Nate to take over the club, but then they give it to Roy whose story arc had nothing to do with becoming a head coach and was more about repairing his relationships with Keely and Jamie.

And I also feel like Ted's son wouldn't have been cool with him quitting his job to come back to America.

Despite my issues with a few story endings, the season was really good overall and had me in my feelings quite a lot during those last few episodes while also delivering some great laughs throughout the year.

Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]