Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 32  Next
 What are you watching right now? 
Dont Mess with the Gez

Post Re: What are you watching right now?
Finished Season 4 Part A of Ozark - solid. Look forward to Part B and the series finale.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:54 am
Wallflower

Watched the And Just Like That finale and thought it was actually pretty good. Was a nice surprise to see Hari Nef guest starring.

Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:57 am
Wallflower

Watched Yellowjackets. Great show. So glad it's already renewed for a second season.

Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:09 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I binged all of "Inventing Anna" this weekend which has its faults but is very entertaining. Julia Garner delivers a fantastic performance and transforms into this character.

Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:29 am
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

I just finished season 2 of "Dollface." This show isn't perfect but it's fun and enjoyable sitcom fluff. Reminds me of "New Girl" and its later seasons. The ensemble is really fun.

Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:36 am
Profile YIM
New Server, Same X

One episode left of Macgruber (they're airing it weekly in Canada), and I like a lot of it, but my God I can do without the sexual content. It's not done in a funny way at all, it's just grating and gross. And not gross funny either. I'm sure the movie was like that (haven't seen it), but it just grinds the show to a halt.

Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:21 pm
Wallflower

The movie was definitely like that. But I haven't seen the show. I should though because I enjoyed the movie a lot.

Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:13 am
Veteran

Does anybody watch Abbott Elementary on ABC? It's had solid ratings this season. The last two episodes were HILARIOUS AND FANTASTIC!

Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:23 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Severance - great start, possibly will be AppleTV's best show. Though I feel like they're caught where if the severed people wake up it won't be as good anymore like Westworld, but there's only so much you can do with half the show being people sitting in such a boring job

Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:57 am
The Kramer

I was finally starting to get into Sopranos during season 3. I appreciated how they dropped the side stories for the characters I didn't like as much, showcasing on how a victorious Tony has turned his attention to his family life while having no idea just how close the cops are to catching him. It was really good stuff.

Then we get the staircase scene ... Absolutely unnecessary. I'm sure it'll lead to a moment where Tony gets revenge on this dude in a very painful way, but they could have just had it be a robbery without changing the story one bit. And once again all momentum for this show has completely stopped.

I guess it is my fault for even coming back for another round. It's OK to not like a show, even if everybody else does.

Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:57 pm
Keeping it Light

Started watching From. 2 episodes in, pretty good and fast paced so far.

Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:43 pm
The Kramer

Two questions:

1) When did hulu start showing ads in the middle of movies? This development ruined The King's Man for me (I didn't even finish it.)

2) Will all episodes of Attack on Titan be out before March 28?

Cause I'm cancelling Hulu for sure and letting them know exactly why I'm doing it.

Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:05 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

From what I read, Attack on Titan Season 4, Part 2 will be 12 episodes, so the last episode should be released on March 28th. I have not finished reading it, and have avoided any spoilers regarding the ending, so I hope it remains that way. I'd be careful online over the next month though. AOT "fans" are easily some of the worst with spoilers.

You could just get Funimation or Crunchyroll for a month (free trial, maybe?) to watch it (and Demon Slayer season 2 if you wanted, which is now complete). They don't show any ads (with subscription, of course).

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Corpse wrote:
From what I read, Attack on Titan Season 4, Part 2 will be 12 episodes, so the last episode should be released on March 28th. I have not finished reading it, and have avoided any spoilers regarding the ending, so I hope it remains that way. I'd be careful online over the next month though. AOT "fans" are easily some of the worst with spoilers.

You could just get Funimation or Crunchyroll for a month (free trial, maybe?) to watch it (and Demon Slayer season 2 if you wanted, which is now complete). They don't show any ads (with subscription, of course).
That's a great idea! I'm sure I could knock out both of those shows in whatever free trial I can get my hands on. And since they are merging I don't have to worry about which to choose.

*Looks like I can get 75 days of Cruncyroll free through Game Pass. The gift that keeps on giving!

Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:26 pm
Keeping it Light

stuffp wrote:
Started watching From. 2 episodes in, pretty good and fast paced so far.

Through episode 5 now, and I can't get enough of it. It's one of those mysteries I just love the unraveling of.

Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:42 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

Hulu has been crushing it this year, I feel like I've used their service for their originals more in the past few months than I did all of last year. Finished "Pam and Tommy" which was fantastic (particularly Lily James) and watched the first two episodes of "The Dropout."

I've also been watching "Pieces of Her" which I'm almost done with. It's OK but definitely feels like a Netflix binge I'll forget about in a month or two. Toni Collette is delivering as always but Bella Heathcothe is a bland lead.

I enjoyed the first three seasons of "Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" but I found the first two episodes of the fourth season borderline insufferable - not sure if it was the long wait or the mood I was in when watching them. I'll finish eventually.

Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:16 pm
Profile YIM
New Server, Same X

I watched The Thing About Pam and it was more or less what I expected. They took the style of Marc Cherry (Desperate Housewives and Why Women Kill) and threw it in a blender with some American Crime Story. But it's missing the ingredients for what make those shows work. It's just an hour of Renee Zellweger making her faces. She's not bad and the show isn't bad, it's just done better elsewhere.

Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:30 pm
New Server, Same X

I also checked out The Endgame. Aside from Morena Baccarin, who looks as great as ever, the show sucks. Typical network TV trash. And people say it's a copy of The Blacklist, which always looked like more network TV trash.

Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:31 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Finished "Pieces of Her." Toni Collette was great but the finale was underwhelming and also sets up a second season? I have no idea where they'd even take this show if it got renewed.

Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:23 pm
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

Finally finished "Maisel" today. I'm not sure why but I found this season somewhat excruciating and also the plotlines went nowhere. It's gotten too over the top and the episodes are a slog. Gorgeous production design as per usual though.

Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:17 pm
Profile YIM
Wallflower

I watched Pieces of Her the first weekend it was out. I thought it was great at first but got a bit less interesting as it went along. The flashbacks were a little boring and it's a bit convoluted. I actually loved Bella Heathcote though. I'm a fan of hers anyway so it's not surprising. Her and Collette are both great. Overall I liked it. I'd totally watch another season.

Watching In The Dark now. About to start the Season 1 finale. It's pretty good.

Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:28 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

I tried "Winning Time" but found the styling annoying so turned the first episode off after 20 minutes.

Finished the second season of "Upload" as well. I really enjoy this series! It's funny and sweet and the leads have really wonderful chemistry. It's like a "Black Mirror" esque rom-com. I hope it gets a third season as it ends on a pretty big cliffhanger.

Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:24 pm
Profile YIM
New Server, Same X

Finally caught up on CSI: Vegas. Concise little season. That's how any future seasons of CSI should be. Ten episodes, crime per episode with an overall continuing storyline throughout the season. Be interesting how they do it in Season 2.

Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:17 pm
Wallflower

I watched 3 episodes of Minx on HBO Max today. I love it. So entertaining. I would have watched all of the ones available if I wouldn't have had to work. Can't wait to watch more.

Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:05 am
Devil's Advocate

WeCrashed - Leto is actually pretty good but since this is a miniseries where they have to go through years in one episode, they have to give him god powers to convince anyone by talking in the span of a few minutes. I wish they just cast him and Hathaway in a show about a fictional start-up.

Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 32  Next