Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 32  Next
 What are you watching right now? 
The Kramer

Post Re: What are you watching right now?
First few episodes of Jujutsu Kaisen were pretty cool.

Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:58 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Flava'd vs The World wrote:

:thumbsup:

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:19 am
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

I'm almost done with "Sex Education" and its third season. This show's episodes are too long. It has always been a problem but this could very easily be a tight half-hour series. This season is fine but a step down from the first two. Jemima Kirke as a pseduo Ms. Trunchbull is also a choice and a highly unrealistic character, it doesn't help that I still have residual hatred of her from her "Girls" character.

That being said, some of the characters are lovely. I will always be a huge fan of Maeve and Aimee. Love their friendship.

Next on my binge list are "Maid," "Midnight Mass" and the final season of "Dear White People." Netflix went from having nothing to having like 20 things I need to watch.

Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:15 am
Profile YIM
The Kramer

Corpse wrote:

:thumbsup:
Todo is the best.

Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:13 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Jennifer Lawrence forging an incredible friendship! Besto Friendo! (You better be watching this anime subbed, by the way! The dub cast is solid, but the Yuji/Todo interaction in Japanese can't be missed.)

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Enjoyed Clickbait - solid and enjoyable.

Many hate the reveal but I dug it.

Also recently watched all four seasons of Good Girls. Although goes downhill (especially S3) it's an enjoyable show.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:25 am

I've been watching the new season of Ted Lasso. I love this series so much! We were watching it with my grandmother last year at her property in Portugal and I could feel that she didn't like it at first but now she's calling me all the time to discuss the latest episodes :funny:

Last edited by rivero on Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:49 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Welcome to the forum rivero, hope you enjoy reading and posting at WOKJ. I request you to not post links unless related to the actual post. I have edited your post above which contained the link. Enjoy you visit and welcome again.

Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:17 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I did the first two episodes of "One Of Us Is Lying" tonight which is so incredibly my kind of show lol. I'm already hooked.

Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:22 am
Profile YIM
Star Trek XI

thompsoncory wrote:
I did the first two episodes of "One Of Us Is Lying" tonight which is so incredibly my kind of show lol. I'm already hooked.

I love the book (and it’s sequel!), excited to watch the show!

Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:46 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I'm three episodes into "Midnight Mass" which is a total slog for me.

Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:39 pm
Profile YIM
New Server, Same X

I checked out a few of the primetime pilots:

-The Big Leap: I had the least amount of expectations for this and it's actually kind of entertaining. And this is the first time I've ever liked Scott Foley. Ironically, he's a dick here. But it's a pretty watchable big ensemble show.

-Ordinary Joe: didn't get this one at all. I don't get how people will get invested in three alternate storylines to the same character. What's the end game? Do we find out which one is real? Do they just keep all three going right to the end? I enjoy high concept but this one is too much.

-Our Kind of People: typical primetime soap. I've seen enough and don't feel the need to watch another.

-The Wonder Years: enjoyable pilot. I like the idea of flipping this one to a black family, as the 60s would be a drastically different period of time for a black family than the original white family. I don't think the world needed a Wonder Years reboot, but it's fine.

-La Brea: Cheap, dreadful, hokey, non-sensical. And I can't stop watching. It's like watching a trainwreck. I'm kind of digging it.

Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:49 pm
Devil's Advocate

Mister Ecks wrote:

-The Big Leap: I had the least amount of expectations for this and it's actually kind of entertaining. And this is the first time I've ever liked Scott Foley. Ironically, he's a dick here. But it's a pretty watchable big ensemble show.

-Ordinary Joe: didn't get this one at all. I don't get how people will get invested in three alternate storylines to the same character. What's the end game? Do we find out which one is real? Do they just keep all three going right to the end? I enjoy high concept but this one is too much.

-Our Kind of People: typical primetime soap. I've seen enough and don't feel the need to watch another.

-The Wonder Years: enjoyable pilot. I like the idea of flipping this one to a black family, as the 60s would be a drastically different period of time for a black family than the original white family. I don't think the world needed a Wonder Years reboot, but it's fine.

-La Brea: Cheap, dreadful, hokey, non-sensical. And I can't stop watching. It's like watching a trainwreck. I'm kind of digging it.

Are any of these serialized? I'm not interested in a non serialized network show

Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:57 pm
Wallflower

Recently finished The Other Two: Season 2. Even better than the first.

Watched Sex Education: Season 3 which was great. Better than Season 2. Very much looking forward to Season 4.

I watched 5 of 7 episodes of American Horror Stories and really enjoy it. I prefer this format to the season long stories tbh. My favorite episode so far is the one with Billie Lourd. I actually thought I wouldn't care for that one but I do love Billie which helped big time. I also really enjoyed the one about the cursed movie. The payoff wasn't anything special but the build-up was really interesting.

About to start the second episode of One of Us is Lying. First episode was good.

Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:34 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

thompsoncory wrote:
I'm three episodes into "Midnight Mass" which is a total slog for me.

Jesus Christ this show is dull. Every time one of the characters launches into one of their 15-minute monologues it makes me want to scream (and it happens like 5 times in every overlong episode).

Visually it's beautiful and the production value is there but it's in no way entertaining or engaging.

Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:24 pm
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

Episode 6's big scene in the church was fantastic and super disturbing - very reminiscent of something like Jonestown.

Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:43 pm
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

Finished "Midnight Mass." The last two episodes were actually great and very intense. Overall the series was a total mixed bag for me. If it had been like the last two episodes I would have been more onboard, but the ridiculous monologues in the first five are too hard to ignore in terms of how much they bring down the quality. This could have been a tight four episodes and nothing plot-wise would have been lost. I'd probably give the season as a whole a C but the last two episodes are B+/A- worthy.

Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:09 am
Profile YIM
The Kramer

Corpse wrote:
Jennifer Lawrence forging an incredible friendship! Besto Friendo! (You better be watching this anime subbed, by the way! The dub cast is solid, but the Yuji/Todo interaction in Japanese can't be missed.)
Yes, always subs. Describing Itadori as best friendo, or myyyy brother was always funny.

The last few episodes were kinda confusing to me though. Seems like they just dropped the main plotline for a bit to give the main characters a win to go out on? I think it would have made more sense to end it after the baseball game, but hey what do I know? When is season 2 coming?

Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:56 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Corpse wrote:
Yes, always subs. Describing Itadori as best friendo, or myyyy brother was always funny.

The last few episodes were kinda confusing to me though. Seems like they just dropped the main plotline for a bit to give the main characters a win to go out on? I think it would have made more sense to end it after the baseball game, but hey what do I know? When is season 2 coming?

They probably could have added some filler here or there throughout the season to make episode 24 be the baseball game or the battle before it, but Mappa (the animation studio) kept it at the same quick pace that matched the manga very well. The end of season one is definitely part of the main story though and will come into play later on (pretty soon actually), and since it only required a couple episodes, it was better to have it here than at the start of season two (see below).

Mappa works very fast (though under questionable conditions), but they have the Jujutsu Kaisen movie coming out in December (it's adapting the prequel story), and then part 2 of Attack on Titan's final season starting in December too (or is it January?). And then they're doing Chainsaw Man sometime in 2022 as well.

I wouldn't expect season 2 of Jujutsu Kaisen until very late 2022, but it could be 2023. There is a small flashback arc after where season one left off, but then there's a whopper of an arc afterwards that spans almost 60 chapters in the manga. Season 2 will, presumably, be this single arc (though 24 episodes might not be enough). But it's among the best arcs of all time in any Shonen series, so it'll be worth the wait! Things get insane.

Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:58 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Shack wrote:
Mister Ecks wrote:

Are any of these serialized? I'm not interested in a non serialized network show

They're all serialized in a way. I wouldn't want to watch any of them and skip the episodes.

The Big Leap is a lot of fun so far. It's nothing extraordinary, but it's watchable. The Wonder Years is OK too. La Brea is obviously an awful, terrible show, but... I can't stop watching. It's crazy how many basic TV rules the show breaks, the biggest of which being don't shoot too high with special effects when you know it'll look like shit. But they do it anyway.

Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:07 pm
Wallflower

I loved the pilot for Chucky. Excited for the next episode.

Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:27 pm
New Server, Same X

Is anyone watching American Rust?

I'm enjoying it a lot. I don't really get the poor reviews it's getting. Yes it's slow, but it's a good kind of slow for me. It works. The pacing feels very similar to Winter's Bone. It's by no means re-inventing the wheel or anything, but there are worse types of these shows.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:26 pm
Wallflower

Watched the first 4 episodes of I Know What You Did Last Summer which I'm really liking.

Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:17 am
New Server, Same X

I watched two episodes of Y: The Last Man. It seemed to be the type of show that would take some time to get good. Then I found out it was cancelled. So I gave up.

Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:34 pm
Keeping it Light

A few weeks ago I started X-Files, pretty awesome, but I probably take it slow. Yesterday I also started Lucifer, not great, but there is a certain lightness to it, that makes it easy to watch.

Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 32  Next