Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 32  Next
 What are you watching right now? 
Keeping it Light

Post Re: What are you watching right now?
Also started watchin Season 3 of You

Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:44 am
Star Trek XI

stuffp wrote:
Also started watchin Season 3 of You

Loving it so far, Penn honestly deserves awards contention he’s sensational, soooo good and so beyond and more likable than Dan Humphrey honestly :funny:

Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:48 pm
Devil's Advocate

Mister Ecks wrote:
Shack wrote:
Mister Ecks wrote:
I checked out a few of the primetime pilots:

-The Big Leap: I had the least amount of expectations for this and it's actually kind of entertaining. And this is the first time I've ever liked Scott Foley. Ironically, he's a dick here. But it's a pretty watchable big ensemble show.

-Ordinary Joe: didn't get this one at all. I don't get how people will get invested in three alternate storylines to the same character. What's the end game? Do we find out which one is real? Do they just keep all three going right to the end? I enjoy high concept but this one is too much.

-Our Kind of People: typical primetime soap. I've seen enough and don't feel the need to watch another.

-The Wonder Years: enjoyable pilot. I like the idea of flipping this one to a black family, as the 60s would be a drastically different period of time for a black family than the original white family. I don't think the world needed a Wonder Years reboot, but it's fine.

-La Brea: Cheap, dreadful, hokey, non-sensical. And I can't stop watching. It's like watching a trainwreck. I'm kind of digging it.

Are any of these serialized? I'm not interested in a non serialized network show

They're all serialized in a way. I wouldn't want to watch any of them and skip the episodes.

I watched La Brea and it was a classic example of a crappy Lost attempt by networks, Ordinary Joe was pretty decent, but it looks like its renewal chances are "not great Bob"

Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:20 pm
The Kramer

Was gonna start Heels next but feel like I've been watching plenty of wrestling content as is. So maybe What We Do In The Shadows season 3 next? I see it has 9 episodes on Hulu, is that the entire season or will there be more?

Same question for I Know What You Did Last Summer. I see five up and assume there will be at least one more for Halloween weekend, but will they keep it going after that?

Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:06 pm
Wallflower

There will be 8 "I Know" episodes. The last episode is November 12th.

Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:33 am
Wallflower

Just finished Maid which was great.

Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:19 am
The Kramer

Magic Mike wrote:
There will be 8 "I Know" episodes. The last episode is November 12th.
Thank you for the info. :thumbsup:

Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:52 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Finished You S3 which was solid.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:36 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

Wow, the first two episodes of "Maid" were absolutely revelatory. Excited to continue with this one.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:31 am
Profile YIM
Devil's Advocate

Trying to actually finish Westworld Season 3 and I think it’s going to be a struggle

Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:54 am
Keeping it Light

It gets pretty convoluted I felt, but I was still pretty engaged with it and remaining of the better drama's on tv.

Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:01 am
Devil's Advocate

There's a version of it that could have been good especially with how the themes ended being more relevant than they could have ever imagined when they filmed it, I just think they missed, too much time on Aaron Paul character and fake Hale, while 6/8 episodes in Maeve is in the simulation and MIB in mental hospital instead of in the game against Dolores and Vincent Cassel, plus Bernard just running around with Stubbs.

Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:48 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Finished "Maid" which was beautiful.

Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:54 pm
Profile YIM
On autopilot for the summer

Dexter!

Too early to tell as the premiere is very un dexter, but I think that was the point. But I still liked it

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:56 pm
New Server, Same X

Shack wrote:
Mister Ecks wrote:
Shack wrote:
Mister Ecks wrote:
I checked out a few of the primetime pilots:

-The Big Leap: I had the least amount of expectations for this and it's actually kind of entertaining. And this is the first time I've ever liked Scott Foley. Ironically, he's a dick here. But it's a pretty watchable big ensemble show.

-Ordinary Joe: didn't get this one at all. I don't get how people will get invested in three alternate storylines to the same character. What's the end game? Do we find out which one is real? Do they just keep all three going right to the end? I enjoy high concept but this one is too much.

-Our Kind of People: typical primetime soap. I've seen enough and don't feel the need to watch another.

-The Wonder Years: enjoyable pilot. I like the idea of flipping this one to a black family, as the 60s would be a drastically different period of time for a black family than the original white family. I don't think the world needed a Wonder Years reboot, but it's fine.

-La Brea: Cheap, dreadful, hokey, non-sensical. And I can't stop watching. It's like watching a trainwreck. I'm kind of digging it.

Are any of these serialized? I'm not interested in a non serialized network show

They're all serialized in a way. I wouldn't want to watch any of them and skip the episodes.

I watched La Brea and it was a classic example of a crappy Lost attempt by networks, Ordinary Joe was pretty decent, but it looks like its renewal chances are "not great Bob"

100% on La Brea. And I'm still watching. It's getting worse but also getting better. Don't know how to describe it.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:16 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

I binged the entire second season of "Love Life" over the weekend which was great. William Jackson Harper and Jessica Williams had lovely chemistry.

Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:54 pm
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

Just finished "Dopesick" which started slow but ended up being incredibly compelling, particularly when it focused on Kaitlyn Dever and Michael Keaton's characters (both of the actors give tremendous performances).

Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:40 am
Profile YIM
Wallflower

Watched the first two episodes of The Sex Lives of College Girls on Saturday night. Really enjoying it.

Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:07 pm
The Kramer

South Park Post Covid started really great. They nailed Stan, Kyle, Kenny, Token, etc... Jimmy's extra woke comedy and the Walmart Plus Max stores were funny too. But I dunno about Rabbi Cartman. Seems like either a) Cartman actually became a decent person when he parted with Stan and Kyle or B) It's an elaborate prank of Kyle. Either way it seems like a waste of Adult Cartman. We will see where the second episode/movie goes though. Getting Butters back might make Rabbi Cartman more logical and funny.

Has anyone watched Bebop yet? I'm gonna finish Gravity Falls then start it up sometime next week.

Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:31 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I was about to ask if you've finished Gravity Falls yet.

I recommend Star vs. the Forces of Evil if you find the time to add a new show to your schedule. It's no Gravity Falls, but certainly worth a watch. Seems like it might be up your ally with its art style, animation and humor.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:30 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Added it to my list. Will watch after the upcoming netflix binge since I wanna try to get everything crammed into one month (not because of money, but to prove to Netflix that I don't need them.)

Right now I have:

Tv:
Cowboy Bebop
Squid Game
The Witcher (season 2)
Midnight Mass (maybe)
Inside Job (maybe)

Moviefilms:
Dont Look Up
The Sparks Brothers
The Power of the Catdog
The Harder They Fall
Red Notice (maybe)

Comedy:
Dave Chappelle
Bo Burnham

Any other recent stuff that I'm missing?

Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:27 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Maid is so good. Maybe you should add that too Flava'd if you are into drama. It's hard to watch at times because of the struggles but I'm glad the way it ended. Happy that this was a limited series and not extending to season 2 which would have diluted the quality.

Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:59 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

"Maid" is stunning, I agree.

"Midnight Mass" has an awesome final two episodes but man are some of the episodes a complete slog. It's a lot of very long episodes with long monologues about faith most of the time.

Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:48 pm
Profile YIM
The Kramer

Maid looks like a tough watch but I'll try. Will push Midnight Mass to the back. Has anyone tried Hellbound?

Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:21 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

I have done Hellbound and it's great. Must watch.

Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 32  Next