Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Billions (Showtime) 
Pure Phase

Post Billions (Showtime)

This Margin Call-style financial drama, executive produced by Neil Burger (The Illusionist, Limitless) and featuring Paul Giamatti and Damian Lewis, will debut on Showtime in January 2016.

First trailer below:

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:33 am
Keeping it Light

Post Re: Billions (Showtime)
Looks great. Well cast. Love the trailer's soundtrack.

Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:49 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Dialogue feels forced and unconvincing. Disappointing.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:14 am
Pure Phase

Premieres tonight.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:38 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Though it borders on absurdity at times, i still thoroughly enjoyed the first two episodes. Lewis and Gimatti are top notch and work off each other and their supporting cast very well.

They will need to improve on some of the dialogue however which feels forced and unneccesary.

And Maggie Siff is quite mesmerising here which is surprising as i never thought she was particularily attractive elsewhere (ie. Mad Men).

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:32 am
Keeping it Light

My wife suggested the show, and despite I liked that trailer a few years back I didn't feel really interested in starting it. But, just watched the first episode and damn, I enjoyed that a lot. I look forward getting into this show.

Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:10 pm
Keeping it Light

I finished Season 1 a while ago, and just finished season 2 as well.

It gets pretty wild, to the point of the unbelievable sometimes, but it's just nicely entertaining through most of it. The cast is just splendid, I'll keep coming back for more.

Season 1: A-
Season 2: A-

Thu May 02, 2019 12:57 pm
Keeping it Light

Caught up with Season 3 and just finished season 4 yesterday as well. The Axe - Chuck dynamic worked well in this last season.

Very entertaining show.

Season 3: A-
Season 4: A-

Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:27 am
Forum General

Since I just finished Homeland I think I'm going to start binging this next. It looks really entertaining from the previews and Damien Lewis is just awesome. You also can't go wrong with Giamatti.

Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:45 pm
Keeping it Light

Nice it is and they're both 2 great leads. Look forward to ready any of your reviews.

Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:48 pm
Forum General

Yeah this show is crazy entertaining. Paul Giamatti and Damien Lewis are just awesome as the leads and I love how their dynamic/rivalry evolves over each season. What really took me by surprise though is how great the supporting characters are. David Constabile, Kelly AuCoin, Stephen Kunken and Asia Kate Dillion were fantastic side characters, and there are so many instances in this show when their characters completely steal the show. I really liked Toby Leonard Moore, Daniel K. Issac and Dan Soder's characters as well. Hell even Maggie Siff starts to have an interesting arc as the show goes on and man is she hot. It took me a while to even realize where I last saw her, but I like her a lot more in this than in Son's of Anarchy. The only thing I'm a bit disappointed with is how little Malin Akerman has to do in this show now.

When it started out I was really enjoying the whole family dynamic her character had with Damien Lewis, but now that she's been pretty much reduced to only cameo appearances it isn't nearly as interesting IMO. Can't wait for Season 5 as each season has been pretty damn consistant.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:58 am
Keeping it Light

I've started watching Season 5 last month, about 4 episodes in it feels like a step down from previous seasons. The guest stars are pretty cool so far, but the story with Rhoades and Axe against each other again is not really flowing in my opinion. It's a bit of a re-hash of things I guess and the angles are just not as interesting as before.

Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:44 am
Forum General

There is still a whole second half of this season left to see, but yeah I don't blame you for not being crazy about it so far stuffp. It's cool that they got actors like Corey Stoll and Frank Grillo as guest stars for this season since I'm a big fan of both of those guys as actors, but it did start out pretty slow and uneven, especially the Axe and Rhoades stuff which just feels kind of old and rehashed at this point, but hopefully the second half of this season is much better whenever we do get it.

Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:58 am
Keeping it Light

So, this finally continued it's 5th season this month...definitely Rhoades new look needed a bit getting used too, but I quite dug both of the new episodes. Basically just mostly Billions-esque. That ending of episode 9 makes it feel like going in another circle though, but I'm still looking forward to it. I also do feel that when the show lost Malin Ã…kerman it lost of bit of zest with it too.

Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:56 am
Keeping it Light

Episode 10 was pretty good too, the egg frying scene was both awkward and great at the same time, a change of pace and artsy, I like that they did it.

Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:24 am
Keeping it Light

So, the last episode of this season was interesting. It ended up being a good season after all, but I guess the show kind of lost its luster.
Spoiler: show
Bit surprising of course to see Axe go out, but it does feel the show has run its course with him as the main character. I'm not sure if I'm as interested in this with Stoll as the lead, but we'll see.

Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]